Flashback

It Started With Cherry Blossoms

August 25

Today was one of those days that Minyoung couldn't be any happier. Although the skies were dark and chilly, she still managed a smile as bright as the sun. She had woken up extra early to prep for her meet with her best friend at the park. She curled her hair into perfect spirals and wore jeans with a bunny sweater.

Today, Minyoung was going to confess her true feelings about her best friend, Oh Sehun. She had always liked Sehun, but told no one. She had fallen for him easily and hard. Minyoung was anxious of the outcome of her day, but she just didn't know... her outcome became full of tears.

Your (Minnie's) POV

It was the day I was going to confess. I could barely sleep the night before thinking about it. It was practically freezing outside, but did I care? Not one bit. I was going to the cherry blossom park to meet up with Sehun. He had called the night before telling me he had a surprise for me. I was anxious.

As I arrived at the park, I immediately knew where Sehun was. He was under our special tree, the tree that started our friendship. Ever since we were six. I walked towards the tree - planning to sneak up on Sehun. But I was in disbelief, after I saw two heads side by side. One was Sehun's and the other...a girl. Tears instantly formed in my eyes. I was shocked. I turned to run away, but right then...

"Minnie! There you are! Meet my girlfriend!" It was his voice. I became stone, as if we were strangers. "Minnie?" I turned to face him. His eyes went wide as he saw my bloodshot face. It was red and full of tears.

"Uh…congrats. I thought that was our tree, though. I…I…" I was hurt. I felt as if I had been replaced. I didn't even give him a chance to explain. I turned and ran.

-

Now: August 25

Minnie's POV

Today was the start of a new school year. A year with no worries. 

I was sitting on my front porch, waiting for my best friend to pick me up. My new best friend, Lee Hana. Hana transferred to Korea from the U.S last summer. The time I was broken down and hurt. We had only met at a cafe, but we became best friends ever since. 

I stepped into Hana's car as she arrived.

"Hey Hana! How was the date last night?"

"UGH! It was terrible. My mom just paired me with some guy at a library. I'm only 16 and she expects me to already find a guy. It's so annoying."

"HA! for you!" Hana glared at me, but I continued to laugh. The whole ride to school was nothing, but laughter and giggling. It was great to have a friend like her.

We walked into the entrance of school to be greeted with loud noises and students chattering everywhere. But once the bell rang, we all rushed to homeroom. Throughout each class was just introduction and rules. It was plain BOIRNG. When the lunch bell rang, everyone darted out of class. I grabbed my lunch out of my locker and met Hana at her locker.

"How were your classes?" I asked.

"Absolutely..."

"BORING!" I finished. We both laughed and walked outside. We were absolutely thrilled to able to sit outside, enjoy the weather, and eat.

Hana and I were in great laughter as we walked to a bench, but I was unconscious of what I walked myself into.

"Minnie?" I'd know that voice anywhere. I looked up. He was under a cherry blossom tree.

Oh. Sehun.

Tears rolled down my face. One by one.

I knew this would be the start of another year of tears.

-

A/N: Was it terrible? lol Please comment!