◕ ◡ ◕

d a t e ▪ L ★ MYUNGSOO

 

(♥)

 

Hanae stared into the mirror, completely unhappy with her reflection.

 

She’d messed up applying red lipstick. Red Lipstick! Now she looked as if she’d been playing with Mommy’s makeup; oh, and not to mention she’d layered a bit too much liquid eyeliner one side, and not near enough on the other. Groaning, Hanae dropped her head onto the table in a dramatic fashion as she began to rub her temples.

 

Myungsoo said he’d come get her at seven-thirty. It's six forty-five and she hasn’t even decided on something to wear. She really should have planned this out more, and probably ought to have taken up on Dongwoo’s offer to assist with her first date preparation; but of course, denying help has nipped her in the booty once again and now she’s in deep dookey.

 

Looking up, her eyes narrowed at her complexion. How the hell is she going to fix this? Turning her gaze over to her alarm clock, it read “6:50.” “!” Jumping from her seat, Hanae leapt over her bed; and she almost made it all the way over, but unfortunately she rolled onto the floor. Luckily, little Hanae is a trooper so she immediately sprung up onto her feet to head towards her closet.

 

Rummaging through all the fabric, she couldn’t seem to find something that appealed to her situation’s needs; she really wanted to look nice, but fate just wasn’t allowing her to. Just when she was ready to give in, Hanae finally found a nice spring dress her grandmother has bought her a while ago, yet she’d never has seemed to been able to find a time to wear it until now.

 

Just when things began to lighten up, Hanae remembered her face looked ridiculous and she hadn’t done a thing with her hair. Cheeks flushing, it was a minute away from being the set time, and her stomach dropped when her door bell rang.

 

Hanae felt like she needed to vomit when she scrambled around looking for some bobby pins to pin a braid or two in her hair, but still she needed to do something with her face.

 

Taking a wet wipe, Hanae proceeded to harshly scrub her face with it all the way down stairs. Halting as she hears her mother’s voice accompanied by the brunette she doesn’t want to look stupid in front of. Peeking a bit out behind a wall, Hanae watched as her Mom just gush over the boy that wants to take her daughter on a date.

 

“Hanae cannot stop talking about you sweetheart!” Her mother proclaimed, and Hanae glowered at the woman before looking for the hall mirror to observe her face once again. Deciding it was alright, she inched her way towards where Myungsoo and her dear mother were - still at the door.

 

“How about you come on in dear?” “Oh, no thank you ma’m I was just-“ Hanae turned red at the fact that both of them were now staring at her; it was completely embarrassing, but the way Myungsoo beamed at her made her feel a bit better about it.

 

“You look really nice, Hanae.”