First and Last

The Letter

Your P.O.V.
 
It was my typical Friday night. Dad wasn’t able to pick us up again because of his schedule. Mom was complaining about dad not picking us up, and how hard it was to commute. As we got down the train, we were waiting for a cab, she wasn’t done blabbering and I was tired from it, I wasn’t listening AGAIN. Well, so much for a rebel. I was rubbing my temples because of my irritation, but then, something unexpected happened.
As I turned my head, a cab turned down the curve and there was a guy. He looked familiar, like déjà vu. It was like I met him before. He was wearing a jersey, with his cap, and to top it was a snapback cap. He also had a piercing. He was tall based on his seating height, he had incredibly white milky skin, and his face was so damn flawless. I even got conscious with my look.
 

The scenes were fast, my brows were still next to each other, we had an eye contact, and at that moment-when the cab passed by me, he gave me a small smile. I was dazed. It was like time stopped at the very second our eyes met. I know it was him. It is him. The guy that left me back then. He came back? How could this be? I thought he was gone? Why did he come back? After all this years that passed, why decide to show up? Why now?

“H-Henry.” I stuttered. A tear almost fell. I snapped out from my thoughts when a cab already stopped in front of us. I got in and the drive back home was so quiet that I thought I was deaf. I remained unspoken for a couple of hours. When we got home I went straight to my room and locked up.

I was still shocked. He left a long time ago, back when we were still young, that day when he confessed his love was also our last day to meet not until this day. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“There was a letter at the center table nanny said it was for you.” Mom said as she handed me the letter.
My face dropped pale. All the colors drained from me. My eyes wanted to bulge out from their sockets. I felt the cool breeze from the opened door rushed by my cheeks. I’m even too shocked to the point I didn’t move for a few seconds.

 

“It looks like he came back darling. Why won’t you go?” Mom asked.
I didn’t answer her back instead I walked to my bed and sat at the edge, staring blankly. Seeing me at that state she just closed the door and left. I glanced again at the letter. A smile crept up my face.

“Meet me there, at our old place, the same time. Be there. ^^” – Henry


I huffed. Typical Henry can’t even leave his message without his signature smiley. I swayed my legs and thought for a bit, it was really him. He’s finally back and we’re meeting once again. I hurriedly changed unto something more comfortable but casual. I checked my reflection before grabbing my backpack.  I run down the stairs and quickly got a pair of chucks from the shoe closet.
 

“I’m going to be back before 9. Eat dinner without me.” I half shouted to no one in particular with that I dashed out of our house and quickly run to the most memorable place of my childhood.
When I finally reached the small abandoned playground I saw someone by the swing, it was him. He was swaying slowly. I sat next to the other swing. Then an awkward atmosphere reigned over us. We were both quiet and for some reason I loved this quiet time, like I wish time would just stop and we’ll stay like this, like we used to but my feelings are shouting from the inside.

 

“Why?” I asked, finally breaking the ice.
He turned his head to my direction. He was staring deeply in my eyes. I too was staring back, and I almost got lost in his dazzling eyes, he wants to answer but something was holding him back.

 

“You haven’t answered the letters I gave, I wanted to tell you the truth but then there wasn’t enough time, I wrote down the promise that I’ll be with you, but it seems like it’ll end tonight.” He answered with his head down and a sad smile
 

“You know I still have the letters, the ones that you gave me before you left. Even the last one, I treasured that one the most. Your promise was written there.” I told him with a half smile but deep inside I was feeling like I was crushed, I was mentally crying.
 

“I need to finish my studies back in Canada, we were just here for a short vacation, it will take long before I go back here.” He said.
 

“Then why did you show up? You could have continued up until you finished, why? Or better, why go back if you would just leave me again?” I asked almost shouting at him and broke down in tears.
His eyes were full of sadness.

“I could, if I can but I can’t. If only it was just that easy to walk away from you, I would.” He said sincerely. I got something from my bag. It was the letter I was going to give it to him a few days after he gave his last letter, but at that moment he already left. He didn’t even have the chance to read it. It’s now or never. I handed it to him with my tears rolling down my cheeks.
 

“That was supposed to be the answer to your last letter unfortunately you already left before I had the chance to hand it to you. I guess you should have it, there’s no sense of keeping promises anyway. That letter was also a promise, a promise of waiting for the right time. But it’s true, they’re meant to be broken, all promises are.” With that I left him alone.
 

How long should I wait? Everything would have been fine, I was willing to accept that he left and will leave again, but to break your promise is a real thing. Maybe love would be just around the corner, like today when I saw him again, unplanned. It’ll just come, at the right time.

~END~




- - - - 
Hey there! sorry if it wasn't that good! 

PLEASE DO GIVE ME FEEDBACKS!!! I'm afraid that if you don't I'll think noone likes it.. :/

Hope you've Enjoyed reading!