FINAL

Absence

I didn't tell anyone about you, not even to my closest friends. Our history were safely hidden and kept, if only we can rewind time, will you be mine now?

The winter in Melbourne is still as cold as Sulli can remember, after a couple of years she is finally back to the place where they first met. If not because of her business training, Melbourne would be Sulli's last destination to go. Sulli took a deep breath as she stepped outside the airport, there is a sting of pain in her chest as she realised how much she missed this town. 

“Come on Sulli, you will only be in Melbourne for a month. You don't have to worry about anything, nothing big will happen and it will be a peaceful one month training." Sulli said assuring herself one last time.

Sulli gets inside the small yellow cab in Tullamarine airport as it carries her to the CBD. Inside the cab, Sulli let her eyes wander despite having a massive headache due to not having enough sleep inside the plane. After 30 minutes ride, she finally reached her apartment which is located just 10 minutes away from the city. Sulli wastes not time resting as after she puts her luggage inside the room, she goes outside to buy some dinner. She bought subway as it is the closest restaurant she can find, and quickly return home to get some sleep.

                                                                                         *

“Hello everyone, this is Choi Jin Ri. Our head supervisor from our branch in Seoul, she will be here for a month and train you guys with the new system. Please treat her well!" said Yun Ho, SMent director.

"Anyeong haseyo, you all can just call me Sulli instead. Please treat me well." as she bow, giving them her eye smile trademark.

"Hey Sulli! Are you single?"

"You are pretty; do you want to be my friend?"

"Woah you look like snow white."

After she introduced herself, her co workers started throwing her random questions hoping to make her feel welcome. This isn't so bad, maybe I am going to like it here, thought Sulli as she lets out a giggle seeing her co workers' attitude.

Sulli's first day went well, and unknown to her a week passed by.

                                                                                                *

On one night, Sulli is strolling down the road where there are many street performers from magician, dancers to painters. As she walked, she bumped into a stranger. The stranger looked surprisingly familiar to her, before he is able to say anything Sulli quickly ran away.

“Impossible. Why is he here?" Cried Sulli as she clutched her chest.

Sulli didn't know why she ran and her heart wouldn't stop beating. Her tears won't stop and Sulli's heart stings again, in that moment she knows that actually she never forgets about him. Never.

The stranger looked at the slender figure as she ran away, he wanted to run after her but she is long gone.

“We’ll definitely meet again." He whispered with full of certainty.

                                                                                               * 


Sulli covered her puffy eyes with spectacles although it didn't go unnoticed by her co workers.

“Hey Sulli, is everything alright? Why are your eyes red?" Asked Krystal

" Yes everything is alright; I just had a very bad nightmare last night." Answered Sulli without looking at Krystal's eyes

Although the latter is not fully convinced, she decided to drop the topic and talked to her about other stuff instead hoping to cheer Sulli. 

A couple of days later Sulli and her co workers went to a club to relieve their stress. Sulli and Krystal decided to just sit in the couch while their friends are on the dance floor.

“Is there someone you are running from in Melbourne?" Asked Krystal suddenly as she sipped her drink.


“Huh? No." Replied Sulli confused

" Then is there someone you want to meet here? "

" I don't know"

Krystal gave a nod, “You can talk to me when you are ready. Love sure is complicated.” She chuckled. The two girls are deep in their own thought, both enjoying the silence.

“How do you forget someone whom you aren’t supposed to love?” asked Sulli breaking the silence.

“I don’t think you can ever forget, maybe you’ll just get used to the fact that you can never be with him even when you really want to. Like maybe yesterday you think that you can’t live without him, but as a day goes by you realize that today you are still standing strong.” Replied Krystal as she gave Sulli a small smile.

“I met someone yesterday by coincidence; it has been years since I last saw him. I thought I had already moved on, but... but when I saw him, those feelings returned. And after seeing him, I ran... ran as fast as I could. Oh, how I miss him. I was such a fool thinking he liked me too.” Said Sulli as she felt her tears rolling down again.

“ Aww, here let me hug you. If you really like him, why didn’t confess to him before?” asked Krystal as she rubbed the older girl’s back.

“I can’t. He already belongs to someone else.” Sulli smiled bitterly.

“Then you should move on, it’s for the better both for you and him.” Replied Krystal as she rubbed the older girl’s back.

“Yeah I should.” She replied softly, I should let go and move on, for the better of me and him.

               

                                                                                               *

Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Sulli is enjoying her Saturday brunch alone eating egg benedict with a cup of cappuccino with no sugar, in one of the café near Brunswick. Her Saturday routine goes along fine until she spots a familiar figure entering the café, they exchanged glances and it was obvious that he is also aware of her presence. She turned her eyes away and continued eating, however Sulli started to freak out when she realized that he is coming towards her direction.

                                               

                                                                                                *

 

Kim Jong In or also known as Kai, went inside the café with his two best friend. As he entered, he spots a familiar figure sitting alone while enjoying her food. He could feel his heart pounding out loud from excitement. They decided to sit on a table next to Sulli’s, Kai purposely chose that table just like in the past. After ordering their food and coffees, the boys presumed their conversation.

“So Kai, tell us more about this girl that you have been chasing for.” Said Se Hun.

Kai took a glance at Sulli and caught her stealing a glance at him, in which she quickly turned her eyes away.

“Well I couldn’t say that she’s the prettiest girl I’ve ever met. But as cheesy as it may sound, but her presence comfort me. I first saw her during my third year of university; we were in the same lecture. She was always surrounded by her friends, so it was difficult to approach her. We never talk; our interactions were only exchanging glances to one another. Once I tried to approach her but she ran away.” chuckled Kai as he reminisced the past “I thought maybe I should just talk to her at least once before the graduation; however I never see her anymore.”

“Why didn’t you approach her earlier?” asked Lay.

“I can’t. I already have a girlfriend.” Replied Kai bitterly.

As if on cue, Sulli quickly left her seat and went outside the café. Her heart was in pain when he heard Kai’s story, she knew that he has a girlfriend yet she couldn’t stop herself from loving him. Sulli let out a deep breath, loving him was a mistake but he would always be my favorite mistake. Goodbye Kai, I hope you are happy.

Kai saw Sulli went out of the café and wasted no time chasing after her despite his friends’ protest. He had let his chance slipped away and Kai is not going to make the same mistake again.

Damn that girl runs fast, thought Kai as he managed to spot Sulli’s figure.

Kai chased after Sulli and he grabbed her arm which managed to shock the latter one. Sulli thought that it was her eyes that were playing on her when she saw Kai ran after her. However when Kai grabbed onto her arm trying to stop her, she realized that it was actually true.

“C..Can I help you?” muttered Sulli, keeping her eyes low not daring to look at Kai’s eyes.

“Look at me, Choi Jin Ri.” Ordered Kai with a stern voice.

Before Sulli could answer him, Kai continued “Surprised that I know your name? Yes, I too have been watching you for a very long time and since then I’ve been hoping to see you again and won’t let you slip away like before.”

“But how? What about your girlfriend?” asked Sulli

“I broke up with her before the graduation, I thought I would confess to you but you were gone. I waited for a long time, even my friends laughed at me as loving a stranger for a long time is seems impossible. But I’m glad, I’m glad that I waited because you have return.” Said Kai as he pulled Sulli into his embrance.

“Thankyou, thankyou for waiting and for loving me. But I need to go back to Korea in less than two weeks” Smiled Sulli sadly.

“Long distance relationship doesn’t sound so bad you know. Wait for me, don’t look at other guys. I know this may be too fast but will you marry me?” asked Kai seriously

 “Isn’t it too fast?” asked Sulli unsure.

“Four years doesn’t seem too fast for me. So will you be my wife?” chuckled Kai as he kissed Sulli’s forehead.

“Is that how you propose someone? In the middle of the road?” asked Sulli again reliasing the stare that the pedestrians have given them.

“Argh you talk too much, I’ll take it as a yes.” Said Kai as he kissed Sulli.

“Everyone! Let me introduce you to my future wife! We are getting married yoo hooo.” Screamed Kai, making Sulli blush uncontrollably due to his action.

“Ssshh shut up! You are embarrassing us.” Scolded Sulli, as she dragged Kai away.

Kai spotted two of his friends where they both gave him a thumbs up for finally stepping up the game and ran after Sulli. He knew the first time Kai saw Sulli she wasn’t just like any other girl, he was always curious about her and he didn’t realize what he was missing until she was gone. Now that Sulli has returned, Kai promised himself that he would never let her go like before. Ever again.

Sulli on the other hand couldn’t believe that her short trip to Melbourne would leave her a deep impact. She was grateful to come back and take the training, for if not she wouldn’t be able to meet Kai and complete her own fairy tale.

The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

 

                                                                                                 *

 

Let him go, for if two souls are meant to be together they will surely meet again; with the same feelings with the same longing wherever and whenever they are. Never regret loving someone, because they too were part of your happiness.