03.30

03.30 AM

’’I keep thinking of you all night and cannot even sleep. Why did I turn on this love show? The distance between you and me has increased. I was the servant of this love,’’ Dongho said and the girl just stood there saying nothing.

‘’Why did we even fight earlier? Why were we like that? We used to be in love.  The one I need is you, silly,’’ Dongho told to his girlfriend and placed his arm on her shoulder. She took his hand off in disgust and just left.

The last thing Dongho saw of her was her back.

‘’I regret it every day, I’m sorry, I pray. Please comeback! I can’t stand a day without you, I can’t!’’ Dongho yelled to the girl but she didn’t want to hear.

‘’Can I forget about you? How long will I stay like this…’’ Dongho whined to himself. He just had a fight with his girlfriend, one really pointless and stupid fight.

-------------------------

The last thing she saw was the leafless tops of the trees that surrounded her, before everything went black.

------------------------

~Yo, listen up. This is my tragic story. Just to break in my heart~

Dongho woke up to the call in the middle of the night. He was still half asleep when he stood up to get his phone. He looked at the clock and digital clock screen read 03.30 AM. Who the heck calls at this hour, Dongho wondered to himself as he picked up his phone and answered. ‘’Yeoboseo?’’

After the phone call he was speechless. He looked into the emptiness and nothing made sense. She can’t be dead.., she just can’t, Dongho said to himself whilst tears started to fall down his cheeks. He couldn’t hold them in anymore.

He stayed up the whole night repeating to himself: ‘’She’s not dead, she’s not. She can’t be.’’ Denying it all.

-------------------------

Morning came and it was raining. Dongho followed the raindrops as they raced down the window. It just rained and rained. The weather couldn’t be more depressing.

------------------------

Dongho walked along the hallway when Kiseop and Hoon jumped his back. They all knew what happened last night but no one mentioned it at all.

‘’How was your first lesson?’’ Hoon asked and nervously looked at Kiseop.

‘’Good, I think,’’ Dongho answered and Hoon sighed in relieve.

‘’Let’s go eat!’’ Kiseop said and put his hand on Dongho’s shoulder. 

Their purpose was to make their friend think something else. They seemed to succeed because all three started laughing and continued walking.

-------------------------

-MEMORY-

It was raining again. Dongho ran under the shelter to hide from the rain. He fixed his hair a bit and noticed a girl next to him who apparently ran away from the rain, too.  He noticed how beautiful the girl was with her brown – blackish – hair, brown eyes and pink glossy lips.

-END OF THE MEMORY-

It was one more memory in Dongho’s mind; memory of how the two met. Dongho leaned on his knees and sighed when his eyes started to tear up once again.

------------------------

Dongho was in his own thoughts while he drew a heart on a window, smiling. He came back from his thoughts and after noticing the girl next to him was staring at him, he wiped the heart away. A little bit far behind Eli was staring at his computer screen but AJ noticed how Dongho was dropped in his thoughts again.

‘’He’s doing it again, isn’t he?’’ Eli asked but didn’t lift his head.

‘’Mm-mm,’’ AJ nodded.

Eli sighed. He needs to accept the fact that his girlfriend is dead, denying isn’t going to help, Eli thought.

----------------------

At nights Dongho only thought her, missed, couldn’t forget. He recalled how they fought and that was the last time Dongho ever saw his girlfriend. He couldn’t forgive himself and he blamed himself for his girlfriend’s death. For his own good he pushed it away from his mind as if nothing ever happened.

------------------------

-MEMORY-                                                                      

Dongho pressed the piano keys and the girl followed him. They always had a blast when Dongho thought how to play piano to his girlfriend.

-END OF THE MEMORY-

And once again Dongho came back from his thoughts and realized that the girl didn’t sit next to him anymore.

‘’You drooping on your shoulders. You taking a rest on the ground. You hitting your chest in frustration. You praying to the heavens with your hands clasped. I think of you getting up, let’s forget and erase all our bad memories.’’

----------------------

Dongho was on the phone, laughing happily. Others were just sighing at the back. Kevin took his earphones off when he saw Eli throwing the binder on the table - he has had enough. Kevin tried to stop Eli by grabbing his hand but Eli just pulled his hand away.

‘’This got to stop now,’’ Eli said and continued to Dongho.

Eli pulled the phone away from Dongho. ‘’Yah, stop it. There’s no one on the other end,’’ Eli said and against his own will, Dongho let go of the phone.

Kiseop tried to calm Dongho but didn’t succeed in it. Next was Kevin’s turn but Dongho turned his effort down, too. 

While standing his back to others, memories started to reveal in Dongho’s mind. For the past few weeks the girl never was with him, he had just imagined her.

Others were observing him and realized that finally Dongho figured it all out.

Tears started to form in his eyes and he hid his head into his hand, he also kind of facepalmed for his stupidity. How could I not realize she never was there with me?

AJ placed his hand on Dongho’s shoulder. Eli came towards Dongho while saying, ‘’You and I, don’t cut our cord.’’

And AJ continued, ‘’Don’t deny our r squared pi, come to me, everything is okay now. We will start everything over’’ Causing everyone to laugh.

‘’Yah, what the heck did that mean?’’ Dongho laughed and wiped his tears.

‘’At least I got you laughing,’’ AJ said smiling.

Dongho knew he wasn’t alone; he had all his friends standing there ready to comfort him when he needed it.

------------------------

Before going to sleep Dongho whispered into the darkness: ‘’I cannot sleep at all at night, I still cannot erase you, I keep thinking about you. I really miss you. The sound of the raindrops hitting on the window of my heart, the place that you left. I really miss you.’’ He went under his bedcovers while the rain outside continued and the raindrops hit his room’s window.