[A]berrant: Junmyeon & Eunji

The Lover's Dictionary

 Aberrant, adj: different from the usual or natural type 

 

She checked her reflection at the subway window for the last time, blurry but enough for her to recognize herself. She's wearing a red tartan dress accompanied with her favorite black leather jacket, which earned a disapproving frown from Chorong when she twirled in front of her an hour ago, she doesn't care though. She's more focused on mentally cursing herself for accepting Chorong's offer. Chanyeol just came back from some kind of summer camp and he said that there's this guy that's supposed to be the leader of the team, but he's very kind that all the members ended up bullying him.

She saw his pictures and he really is not her type. He has double eyelids and he looks kinda awkward when he smiles, it kinda look like he's hurting all the time. But from the way that Chanyeol always gushes about him, she was pretty sure that this guy is a good man. Plus the fact that Bomi and Chorong had been scolding her for years about moving on from Sunggyu, and now she had enough.

 

Junmyeon straightened his back and called for his driver. "Mister Kang, can you please go faster? I don't wanna be late.", the driver just chuckled in amusement, Junmyeon was never been a nervous and fidgety person. He always handled every single press conference and board meeting flawlessly,  this is a new sight and he doesn't want to miss all the fun. Junmyeon is constantly checking the messages from his group of friends. Some of them are supportive, a few gave him tips, and there's this Chanyeol who constantly telling him things that makes him nervous. The last relationship he had wasn't a smooth sail, and he know better than to hope fknowsore. 

 

Jung Eunji has always been an early bird. She arrived 15 minutes earlier than this Junmyeon guy and she's now sitting in some fancy restaurant - not really her thing, but he booked it for them. Which makes her looks underdressed in the sea of fancy suits and pretty dresses. She drew random shape in thin air with her chopstick.  It's been 10 minutes after the promised time and Eunji started to wonder if the guy has decided not to come, and in the back of her mind she wonder whether it's a wrong choice for her to come tonight. 

She really is not that desperate to find a guy, she had some dates too. But Chanyeol, Bomi, and Chorong insisted to set her up on a blind date with some guy she barely knows other than Chanyeol called him Suho (which she find funny because he doesn't really seem like a guardian type of guy), and he's the heir to some company she often see in the newspaper headlines - his real name is Kim Junmyeon and he is older than her by two years. 

 

Junmyeon cursed himself for being late. He makes sure his red bowtie is in place, his foot nervously move. What is Seoul without traffic jam? so he ran as fast as he could, and stopped dead in his track just before he enters the restaurant. Yifan told him that girls like men who are fashionably late, and still walk with style. His eyes immidiately catch her as she looks different from the rest, in a good way. Junmyeon straightened his crisp suit and walk towards her with style (which later he regrets for following what Yifan had said).

 

There is a tap on her shoulder from behind, and Eunji was never been so sure in her life about a person. But oh my, this guy money game sure is strong.

Kim Junmyeon had to admit she's pretty and she has a nerve-wracking smile. but this girl looks tough as nail and he starts to worry about his choice of everything. 

"Hi there.", Junmnyeon let out an awkward hello. "I'm Kim Junmyeon, and you can call me Suho."

"Hi." Eunji raise one side of her lips. "Right, don't you think I should know that by now? Jung Eunji by the way.", She tilted her head as Junmyeon sit in front of her, "And I prefer to call you Junmyeon."

Junmyeon mentally groaned as he analysed his surrounding and made a mental list.

1. She definitely came from Busan. she had that cute slight accent and she speaks in such a comfortable way

2. He must have looked ridiculous in her eyes with his checkered suit, and his red bow tie.

3. Long hair? check. Explosive personality? seems like a yes to him. He doesn't know yet whether she's interested in literature or not and she's definitely shorter than him, so it's all good.

4. We should've went to a place that fits her more.

Junmyeon rise from his seat. "Let's go."

"What?", Eunji furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips. It took Junmyeon by surprise that the thought of her looking cute with that expression can pop out in that moment. He exhaled loudly, he didn't realized that he held his breath back for a couple of seconds due to the nervousness. She nodded and grab her bag and follows him quietly as the waiter bowed to him. 

She hates silence, especially the awkward ones, more if it's accompanied by a ty elevator music. She blurted out a random question, just to kill the silence. "So, what are we going to do now?"

"Let's just go eat somewhere else, your choice, my treat." He answered, eyes glued to his feet, probably the only time in his life that he ever gave this much of attention to his shoes.

She laughed, and Junmyeon finds it a little bit too loud and kind of pretty, "Alright, let's go to that restaurant near Euljiro Station, they have some killer sushi." Eunji smiles to herself and think, maybe he is a pretty decent guy afterall

 

--------------------------------------

 

"I don’t normally do this kind of thing," Junmyeon said chewing his roasted eel.         

“Neither do I,” assured Eunji.    

The ice between the two of them has melted during the 15 minutes walk. It barely exist now, as they are both chewing through their second sushi plate. He never admits it but it's in that moment, as he watched her gaze right into his eyes, surrounded in a sea of strangers, that Junmyeon thinks maybe it's okay to hope some more.

Later it turned out they had both had an embarassing drunken confession, and they both has a little brother and they had both slept with people on first dates before, and they had both found themselves falling too fast before. But they comforted themselves with what they really meant to say, which was: “I don’t normally feel this good about what I’m doing.”    

   

-------------------------------------

 

The snow is falling and Junmyeon thinks they look like cotton balls. After the cheerful dinner that they just had, Junmyeon decided to drop Eunji home. Well, more like escorting since Eunji suggested for them to take the subway instead of using Junmyeon's car (she will never forget that look of horror in his face). Junmyeon and words are like water and fire, water and oil, name everything that won't be friendly with each other and that's how bad Junmyeon ability to say the right words, those words just seem to vanish everytime he tried to open his mouth. So when they arrived in front of Eunji's house, he decided to take an action.

A sudden peck on her lips, a mere seconds but enough for her to feel all fluttery. and warm

 "It's definitely not a very Junmyeon thing to do.", Eunji muttered as they kissed.

"Yeah, I guess so." He said closing the distance between them once again.