It's Nice to Meet You

Lonely

            Ann J looked at her surroundings. She was in Daejoon Park on that afternoon. That place was always crowded by the people. Most of them were the workers who was stopping by to the park to shed their tired for a while before they went home. There were a lot of children too who were playing around the park. Suddenly Ann J sighed, then looked at the sky. She always wanted this moment. Relax. Alone. Free from the dance and vocal training schedules that were so tight. It should be a very enjoyable time. But, why do I feel lonely? Her mind thought.

            Then, Ann J was looking for Chemi’s phone number in her cell phone and immediately pressed the call button after finding it. Not long to wait, the call was connected. "Hello, Ann J yah! What’s up?" asked Chemi.

            "Please, accompany me, unnie..." pleaded Ann J in a pleading voice. "I’m in the park alone. It’s so boring here!" she admitted like a child who was being complained to her mother.

            "Why? You always go there alone and you never asked me or others to accompany you when you get your free day. It’s weird, you know. Why, Ann J yah?"

            Ann J shook her head slowly as if Chemi was there in front of her. "I don’t know. It feels different, unnie," she said. "Would you please come here, unnie? You can ask Redee unnie, Effie unnie, and Lenny to go along with you too. We’ll spend our time here, in the park. Ok?"

            "I'm sorry, Ann J yah... the four of us and Jungwoon oppa are on the way to Han Restaurant. You know about this, right?" asked Chemi while mentioning the name of their manager.

            "Yes. I myself refused to go with you guys."

            "But, you can catch up with us if you're really bored. The dinner may be a bit long because we are all going to talk to Baekjung sajangnim about our debut."

            Ann J was silent, and then she shook her head again. "I’ll have dinner in our dorm," she decided after she made her voice sound as normal as possible. She did not want Chemi knew if she was upset at the time.

            "Is it okay?" asked Chemi anxiously and uncertainly.

            "Yes, it’s okay, unnie! I'll be fine," replied Ann J.

            "All right. Take care of yourself, Ann J yah! Sorry, I can’t be with you at this time..."

            "It's okay, unnie!"

            Click!

            Ann J ended the call, then she looked back at the sky that began to change its colors with blank stares.

 

***

 

            Dongho kicked a can of a drink that was lying in the street. He was upset that day. His hyungs were busy with their individual job, so he was alone at that time. He had no schedule at all, so it was his free day. He used to be happy with this moment when he was free from his busy schedules. But, I don’t like to spend my free day alone! His mind thought, upset. Without realizing it, he was already at the entrance gate of Daejoon Park. It was getting very late and the park was deserted because of its visitors returned to their homes.

            His eyes accidentally stopped on a girl who seemed enjoy looking at the sky from a bench of the park. Slowly, Dongho walked over to her even though he did not know why he needed to go there.

            She glanced briefly at him as he was sitting beside her, then looked back at the sky. "Looking for a relaxing moment? Or you want to be alone?" she asked suddenly, without looking at Dongho.

            Dongho slightly jumped hearing her voice. He did not expect that she would asked him. "Are you talking to me?" he asked simply.

            She giggled, the she looked at Dongho. A smile came from her lips. "Yes, of course! Just the two of us who stay here," she said. "So, your answer?"

            "Just stop by," he said lightly. "And you?"

            "This is my routine activity when I got my free time," she replied, then glanced around her watch. "It’s time for dinner and I think I should go. Good bye!"

            "Wait!" cried Dongho when she was about to leave him alone. "How about..." Suddenly, one crazy idea came to his mind. "You know… ummm… why don’t we have dinner together? You and I?"

 

***

 

            Although she had rejected it repeatedly, Dongho still forced her and after a long time, finally, she agreed because she can not bear to see the begged face of Dongho. Then, they were having dinner at a roadside cafe that was located not too far from Daejoon Park.

            "Why do you want to have dinner with me?" asked her, curious. "We've never met before and we don’t know each other! Are you... are you going to kidnap me after this?"

            Dongho choked after hearing her last sentence. Kidnap her? No way!

            In panic, she handed him a glass of water. "Come on, drink it up! Slowly… Take your time..." she said as she continued to pay attention to Dongho anxiously. "I'm sorry. I shouldn’t I say it if I know you're going to choke like that," she admitted in guilty.

            "It's okay. I'm fine," said Dongho with a lightly tone after the cough disappeared. "A girl must have a sense of suspicion to the man who took her away. Especially with a stranger," he continued. "But, I don’t want to kidnap you!"

            "Sorry... then, why did you ask me to have dinner with you?"

            Dongho looked at her for a moment, then smiled slightly. "Actually, I'm also confused why I could be like this. I never do this before," he admitted. "But, maybe… because I was so lonely. I needed a friend and I met you accidentally in the park. When you were going to leave me alone, I felt so scared. I was scared of being alone again."

            She kept staring at him when he said it. She sighed and said, "You know, I felt the same way with you. I was so lonely and it felt weird because I never felt like this before.” She paused for a moment. "And I’m so grateful to meet you. You make me a bit happy because I shouldn’t be alone."

            Dongho just smiled after hearing her words. "Me too. It’s nice to meet you," he said.

 

***

 

            "Ah yeah, we are already talk a lot but we haven’t introduced ourselves! My name is Shin Dong Ho. You can call me Dongho," Dongho said, pulling out his hand to her. Both of them were on the way to her apartment.

            Without a doubt, she shook Dongho’s hand firmly. "My name is Jo Yeo Yoon," said the girl, then let go of her hand. "But, when I debut later, you should call me Ann J!"

            "No way!" Dongho rejected outright. "I'll call you Yeoyoon, Yoonie, or Miss Jo. Ann J is too weird and hard to say for me," he said and the girl just nodded weakly and pouted. "How old are you?"

            "I’m sixteen years old."

            "Well... if that so, you should call me Dongho oppa!" commanded Dongho vigorously.

            Ann J frowned. Confused with his demand. "Why should I call you like that?"

            "Of course, because I'm a year older than you, Yoonie!" Dongho said grimly. "Come on, call me Dongho Oppa!"

            "Why do you want me to call you so?"

            "Because I never called Oppa," said Dongho. "Please, just call me Dongho Oppa. It’s not difficult at all!"

            "Okay, okay..." Ann J gave up. "I’ll call you Dongho oppa from now on."

            "Thank you, Yoonie!" said Dongho, happy.

            Both of them were silent. They were confused what to talk about and busy with their own thoughts.

            "Dongho oppa..." called Ann J while stopping her step.

            "Yes, Yoonie..." Dongho stopped his step as well.

            "We arrive at my apartment," said Ann J, then glanced at her watch. "It’s eleven o’clock. I guess, my unnies and Lenny have gone home." She looked at Dongho, smiling at him. "Thank you, oppa, because you want to accompany me to go home," she said sincerely, as she bowed at Dongho.

            "And thank you for spending the rest of my days with you, Yoonie," said Dongho sincerely, as he also bowed at Ann J.

            Ann J just smiled to hear that. "You should go home by now. It’s late at night," she said.

            Dongho nodded and smiled back at Ann J. "Fighting for your debut! And hopefully, we can meet again," he hoped before going to leave her.

            "Yes, I hope so."

            "Good bye, Yoonie..."

            "Good bye, oppa ..."

 

***

 

-The End-

Hello~~ ^^

I'll make the series of this story. It'd be like a collage stories

and yeah, just like always, I'll pair U-KISS's members with C-REAL's members

I hope you guys could enjoy read it

please, wait for the other story from me~~

happy reading! :)