Final

When the Wind Blows
 
 
To hand out chocolates (and/or letters) to someone you like requires a lot of courage and willpower. What more if you have to give it to that special someone in a room full of your classmates (who already came to know you since first day of school). It's even mortifying thinking about the aftermath of the confession, it's just either acceptance or rejection.
 
Sulli already thanked heavens for having the seat next to the window at the corner of their classroom (almost isolating them from others) but it would be even more gratifying if a breeze would somehow make its way into the window to blow the curtain and cover her and Wufan. That way, it would conceal them from the rest of the class, and then she could give the letter to Wufan and get this over with. For the record, she had been in this predicament for the nth time (just 9 times though but it's like she's doing this forever due to lack of positive outcome), so now she's relying it all to the dusty curtain which is the sole witness to her unrequited love for Wufan. 
 
So please, let there be breeze…
 
"Hey Sulli." A sultry voice interrupted her from her space-out session. "Do you really like that curtain that much?"
 
Sulli looks at her hand and realizes she's gripping the curtain tightly so she lets go of it abruptly and shakes her head at Wufan. Wufan, the boy she's taken a liking to. The snarky  and grumpy Wufan who's kind enough to waste his time to help her catch up in class (just the Math subject actually cause she hates numbers and problems).
 
"Tsk. Listen carefully." Wufan hisses under his breath, having Wufan as her afterclass tutor for a while, she already memorized his actions, and she knows that the boy is annoyed right now. "I'm already having trouble just to teach you personally."
 
"S-sorry." Sulli says in a low voice feeling remorse with her lack of attention to what he's saying.
 
Wufan heaves a sigh, turning his attention back to the book. Once again, her mind drifted to her surroundings leaving her frustrated. Why are her classmates not leaving, the class was already dismissed, they should leave. 
 
Please leave, she chants in her mind, hoping it will reach her classmates and eventually get the hell out of the classroom and so she could already corner Wufan.
 
"Hey. Are you still listening?"
 
"Ah. Yes. I'm listening."
 
Wufan heaves a sigh, looking at his watch. "Or we can go home."
 
"No! We can't go home!" Sulli yelled startling Wufan with her sudden outburst. Things are not going her way, she's ruining the mood and now he'll think that she's turned into a lunatic.
 
"Okay." Wufan says giving her a what-the-actual--calm-down look.
 
She releases the breath she didn't know she's holding as Wufan resumes his work. Her resolve is weakening, how is she going to confess and so she's leaving it all to the curtain.
 
But there's no wind at all! She dry sobs in her mind, slumping on the table dejectedly.
 
"You know, if you want to sleep, you can go home." Wufan snaps this time making her sit up again, mumbling an apology as she opens up the window even wider. She'll wait for the wind, patience is a virtue.
 
"It's cold." Wufan complains and Sulli starts to panic because he's closing the window. Wufan is going to close the window. What about the curtain, what about the wind, what about her confession?
 
"You can't close that!"
 
"It's cold."
 
"But I'm feeling hot. I'm going to die with this heat!"
 
"Then take of your sweater idiot."
 
"But.." Sulli is running out of reasons and Wufan's glare never wavers. Maybe she'll just add this to the other 9 failed confessions of hers.
 
"Fine. Fine. You always have your way." Wufan whines in defeat and Sulli's mind rejoices, until the wind finally blows. Unfortunately, it only blocks Wufan's face, making them both groan, Wufan in annoyance and Sulli in helplessness.
 
"At least let me tie it."
 
"No.. don't. Look at the pitiful curtain."
 
"Stop the rubbish!"
“Just please don’t tie it.”
 
In the end, Wufan didn't tie the curtain, complaining that they didn't even get to be productive today. Once again Sulli's mind is clouded with guilt, she's taking up his time and she can't even focus.
 
"It's the last day before vacation." Wufan speaks again, staring at their classmates. They're the only pair whose not busy chattering about plans for vacation. "That's why they don't want to go home." 
 
Sulli is very much aware of that, that's the main reason why she choose this day to confess, so that if ever her feelings wouldn't be reciprocated, she wouldn't have to go to school looking pitiful the next day.
 
"Look. We're on the last pages." This time a gentle smile spreads on Wufan's face. The same smile that Sulli always wants to see because it's not everyday that Wufan smiles, especially not to her, so she smiles back.
 
"Thanks to you!" She's exclaims, extending her gratitude towards Wufan.
 
"Nah. You’re also hardworking so..."
 
The wind choose to blow at that moment, the heaven must have heard her pleas, finally granting her prayers. 
 
This time, the curtains concealed the both of them, making Sulli's hopes hike up. This is her chance, her very last chance!
 
"This is the last question.." she heard Wufan in the background, talking to her though his eyes are still on the book he’s working on.
 
Sulli's hands struggles to reach her bag. Her mind chanting it's time, it's time, it's time.
 
"..after this you can go home."
 
Sulli ducks her head to search for the letter and the chocolate, face lighting up when she finally have it in her hands. 
 
"Wufan I --"
 
Sulli finds herself alone in the classroom. Just when she thought she's already successful this time, Wufan is gone. Sighing in defeat, she slumped herself in the table, mentally scolding her stupidity.
 
Unconciously, tears start streaming down her cheeks as she starts eating the chocolates forlornly, how long had she been doing this trying to confess and failing in the end, she starts scolding herself because of her cowardice, and now she’s alone in this pathetic state.
 
"Sulli? Why are you still here?" Sulli stops chewing the chocolates as she was distracted with that familiar voice.
 
Wufan is already beside her table gaping at her with that worried look written on his face. The fact that Wufan is already in front of her, and she could confess already but she already ate the chocolate, and she's already crying by the way, Sulli starts crying again.
 
"I was supposed to confess that I like you and today is the 10th time, but our classmates wouldn't go home." Sulli sobs a she wipes the tears on her cheeks with her sleeves "and the wind didn't blow the way that I want it to, but when it did, I was about to give the letter and the chocolates to you but you're gone, so I ate it. I'm sorry it was ---"
 
It happened in a flash, she didn't saw Wufan leaning close to her but her eyes instantly shuts because Wufan's lips are pressed into hers. She could not be mistaken, it is indeed Wufans lips!
 
Sulli went brain-dead; her mind was already hovering into space. Wufan didn't just kiss her did he?
 
"Thank you. The chocolate is sweet." 
 
Did he even taste it?
 
Sulli finds Wufan standing close to her, he’s looking anywhere but her eyes, and she knows that he's feeling the embarrassment too. She knows she's blushing like hell.
 
Swallowing the lump in , she takes Wufan's hand and intertwines their fingers, praying that she wouldn't sweat because that would be a turn off.
 
The walk towards the school gate is silent, both of them must be drowning in embarrassment but their hands remained intertwined. Finally they're out of the school and Sulli thinks that it's goodbye (they have different routes) so she unclasps their hands and starts walking away without looking at Wufan. Sadly, everything will come to an end, and maybe he wouldn't get to see Wufan for a couple of weeks.
 
"Wait. You like ice cream right?" 
 
Sulli looks at Wufan, his hand outstretched as she waits for her response. She likes looking at him perturbed as he waits for her answer, it's a sight to see, but she wants to see something else so she takes his hand and starts walking.
 
"I want patbingsu and crepes and pretzels.." She grins, and she waits for it, waits for that one thing she likes to see, much more if it's directed towards her. Finally, Wufan smiles.
 
"Fine. You always have your way."
 
 
 
A:N: Gosh. Im sorry i ruined it. TT Well, this one's rubbish. It was supposed to be inspired by a manga that i've read but there, it didn't turn out okay. But then I decided to post it since I'm not updating anything for a long time. so. There. Thanks for reading it anyways. haha. Lol.