You Taste Like Strawberries

You Taste Like Strawberries

 

“I hate strawberries.” I said to Min Ji. Min Ji rolled her eyes at that statement. “Of course you do. That’s only because Taemin loves them.” Min Ji stated as she read through a letter sent to her. “No~ that’s not it!” I whined. “Then what’s the real reason? You hate Taemin’s guts. Everything he loves, you hate. Nuff said.” Min Ji spoke while glaring at me. I sighed at her words, because they were true.  “I don’t even understand why you hate him. He’s pretty cool.” Me Li said, joining the conversation (as usual). I scoffed at her comment. “Exactly what part of him is cool?!?” I asked with anger clouding in my voice. “Everything.” They both said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes.

 

[Next Day at School] (In the cafeteria)

“Umm…Aerie d-do you want to g-go out with me l-later?” Taemin asked me. I sighed with annoyance. This boy is way too irritating. “I’m sorry but I’m busy later.” I said looking away from him. Taemin took a deep breath. “The real reason I came over here was to ask you to go on a date with me. I have some concert tickets to your favorite group. I promise I’ll treat you with upmost care on the date. I like you so much… so are you willing to take a chance?” Taemin asked. I glared at him while he fidgeted nervously under my gaze. “I’m too busy.” I said flatly. Taemin sighed and began to walk away. I could see his group of friends (SHINee (?)) comfort him. “Aww…why did you do that?!? I've never seen Taemin so nervous in front of anybody. The poor boy looked like he’d have a heart attack.” Min Ji said nearby. Where did she even come from?

“I am busy later.”

“Doing what?”

“Painting my nails neatly. That takes time.” I smirked. Min Ji rolled her eyes and went back to reading her book. “Yo! Aerie lets go to a karaoke bar today!” Ravi said pulling at my arm. “Sure! I’m not doing anything later anyway.”

 I heard Min Ji snort nearby.  

[Later around 11:00pm]

“That was fun! We should hang out more.” I said giving Ravi a goodbye hug.

“Yeah! I honestly thought that you’d be busy today. I started not to invite you because this was last minute. I’m glad that you accepted my invite though.” Ravi said. Ravi is such a sweet guy. I wouldn't mind trying to get into a relationship with him. Suddenly, Ravi bent down and kissed me softly. I was in shock, but I responded to his kiss. “Sorry, it’s just that your lips looked so soft…” he said.

 “Ravi…”

 “But I just want us to be friends! I’m truly sorry~” he said bowing to me. I chuckled and made him stand straight. “I only see us as friends too. Plus I know who you've got a crush on. She wouldn't be too happy with our relationship, right?” I smirked. Ravi blushed and nodded his head.  After we said our goodbyes, I started to go home.

“You don’t look busy to me.” I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Jonghyun glaring at me. Oh yeah! He is one of Taemin’s best friends. “What do you want Dino?” I asked. Jonghyun visually tensed in anger. “Do you actually know how much Taemin likes you? Just when he finally has the courage to ask you out, you reject him without even acknowledging him.  He’s been upset all day because of you. But you’re not even guilty. Plus you decided to kiss Ravi, instead of even giving Taemin a chance.  You have no grace!” Jonghyun yelled at me. I flinched a little at his dominant voice. “Taemin never liked someone before you! Does that even mean anything to you?” He asked before I could reply. I shoved away my guilt, and shook my head no. Jonghyun started to walk away, his feet stomping at a fast pace. I don’t understand what I did wrong. I’m just giving Taemin a taste of his own medicine, because he hurt me before. So why am I to blame? Shouldn't he also feel some pain too? No. I shouldn't think about him. I should focus on the happy memories.

 

[Middle School: In the Past]

“Come on Aerie! You should go ahead and confess to him.” Sunny said. I looked at her with teary eyes. “But what if he rejects me? Just look at him! He can sing, dance, cook, and so much more. Plus he is super perfect.” I mumbled. “But you’ll never know unless you try! Okay, how about you confess to him using a letter? He’ll read the letter and reply to you. Just put it in his locker. Actually, I’ll do it for you.” Sunny smiled at me. “You are so brilliant! I’m lucky to have a friend like you~” I cooed and began to tickle her. She gasped and tried to run away. “You’re not going anywhere my little princess~” I said with a manly voice and tried to creep her out. It worked.

 

I giggled at the fond memory. Thinking about Sunny always made me happy. Too bad she moved away when we graduated from middle school. I really miss her. She was my best friend.

 

[Next Day at School]

 

“Is it true that you ditched Taemin for Ravi?” Hyuna asked me. I haven’t even been in the school for 2 minutes. That is a clear sign that the whole school knows.  I ran pass the people in the hallway, looking for either Me Li or Min Ji. People constantly gossiped about me in the hallways. “Ah! Me Li, what happened?” I asked her. “You should already understand what happened. You went out with Ravi last night and even kissed him. You denied ‘the sweetheart’ Taemin. Everybody and their mother now know!”

“Is it that bad?” I asked. There should be nothing wrong with kissing your guy friends and reject your enemies. Nothing.

“You’re in so much trouble…” Me Li commented as she went through her locker. A huge stack of letters fell out. “Thanks to you, I have more bets in my locker than usual! Every single one is betting if Taemin likes you or not, or if you’ll end up with him!” she ranted. “Sorry…though what did you bet?” I asked slyly.

“I’m not telling”

“Okay, fine….just how bad is this situation?” I asked covering my face with my hoodie. I didn't want people to recognize me. “Well, Taemin is pissed and looking for you and Ravi. He wants to beat the crap out of Ravi and curse you to hell.” She said calmly. Taemin is never mad, this is not good! “Does Taemin know any of my classes?” I whispered. “He knows all of your classes.” She said taking her Biology notebook out of her locker. Crap! I need to find a way to hide. “Calm down! You just need to be in your class when the teacher is there. Taemin wouldn't dare to misbehave in class.” She said simply as she threw away the bets. Those poor people will never get an answer. “Are you sure?” I asked. “Yup.”

 

 

[First Period Class]

 

I could literally feel Taemin and his friends glare. It didn't help that Ravi is seated next to me in this class. “Am I the only one scared? :’(” I texted Ravi during class.

“At least your crush isn't mad at you and you aren't going to get beat up! Yes I’m scared!”

“Is it just me or are Taemin and his crew killing us mentally?”

Ravi stopped texting momentarily to look at the group. He sighed and texted me back.

“It’s not just you...L

“Good.”

“Hey! Since we are going to die…how about we mess with them.”

I glared at him. He smirked at me. I understood his plan just from one glance.

“What are you crazy? That is like digging our own graves.”

“Does it really matter? Plus don’t you want to see just how mad Taemin can get? We rarely see him even get upset!”

I smirked at that idea. I would like to see him all ruffed up.

“Okay let’s do this!”

 

Suddenly the doors burst open. A girl with a petite frame walked in. I’m too distracted with texting to care though. “Class! We have a new student!” Our teacher said. I looked up to see the person who I thought I would never see again. It’s Sunny. “Hello! My name is Sunny! I lived here once before in Seoul. I dance, sing, cook on my free time. I’m a fun and interesting person so I hope to make friends here!” She smiled as she introduced herself. I smiled and was about to call her name, but she ran pass me. “Taemin Oppa! I missed you~” she giggled as she hugged Taemin face in her s. Taemin smiled and hugged her back as he swung her around. I sat there wondering just how long they would hug. The teacher eventually had to pull them apart. What’s up with that? The last time she was here they barely spoke. Now, they are hugging like…lovers.

 

“Jealous I see.” Min Ji texted me. I glared at her from my seat. She sat there with a smile adorning her face. “Shut Up.” I text her back. I decided to turn my cell phone off.

 

“Sweetheart! You want to have lunch with me?” I asked Ravi loudly. I made sure that everyone in class could hear me. Ravi gave me a weird look, but soon remembered our plan. “Sure Muffin~” he cooed. I reached over and entwined our hands. I could hear Taemin’s pencil breaking in the background. Suddenly, a piece of paper landed on my desk. I opened it up and had to control myself from laughing.

 

What are you playing at? You and Ravi dating? Don’t make me laugh. Cuz If I remember correctly, you were single yesterday. >:[   

 

That was written on the paper in Taemin’s handwriting (in ink).

 

“Honey~ is there something wrong?” Ravi asked me slyly. I took Taemin’s paper and threw it out the window. I faked a pout and turned to Ravi. “Oppa! A roach just keeps bothering me.” I said. “Taemin calm down!” I could hear Key say, as Minho was restraining Taemin. I tried waving to get Sunny to notice me, but she kept staring out the window and ignoring me. She seems… different. What happened to her? She didn't even greet me.

 

[2nd Period Class]

 

“So when are you going tell Taemin that you like him?” Me Li asked. I choked on air at her question. Taemin, who was nearby, choked on the dangerous air too. I could see him getting a little happy. Bastard. Who told him he can get happy? I also took notice that his crew leaned forward a bit. “No! I do not like him! I like Ravi Oppa!” I said quickly, I always get flustered. I heard Taemin groan in anguish. I gave Me Li a look that said shut-up-or-I’ll-your-first-born-child. “Then why do you hate strawberries so much? Is it because you saw Taemin eating strawberries?” she pressed on. Why is she my friend?!?! “Yes! So leave me alone.” I said covering my face in embarrassment. “But, Key told me that Taemin hasn't eaten a strawberry since Elementary school. You didn't even know him then. Onew also told me that Taemin has strawberry flavored Chap Stick.” Min Ji commented. “Are you two detectives or something?!?” I said. They couldn't have known right? I made sure nobody was there. “We aren’t detectives. But we have a special question for you Aerie. Have you ever kissed Taemin before?” Me Li asked quietly. Taemin crew couldn’t hear her words. I could feel the heat rising to my face. “No!” I yelled. “Liar.” They both said in unison.  Damn! How did they find out!?!?!? “I’ll tell you what happened later so please don’t say anything. We have listeners!” I whispered-yelled to them. “Fine.” Me Li said.

 

[Middle School: In the Past]

“Hey, Aerie! Let’s walk home together!” Sunny said cheerfully. I glanced at the back of the classroom. Taemin stood there laughing with his friends. The sunlight touched lightly on his strawberry blond hair.  “Actually, I have to stay for Art Club.” I said lamely to Sunny. Sunny smiled at me cutely. “Okay see you later! I’ll just ask my brother, Sungmin, to walk me.” Sunny said. I smiled softly and said goodbye to her. Truth was that I was going to the Dance Club. I have a slight obsession with watching Taemin dance.

“Okay and 1,2,3,4. Bom, Kick, Bom, Drop, Bom, Lift, Bom, Reach… Reach… Reach! Lay relax your arms! Be smoother in movement! Time for the spin! Hit it! Great! Okay, that was awesome everyone. That’s the end of our class for today. Good job Victoria and CL on the splits! Key and Kai please work on timing. Hyunseung, Taemin, and Jongup great posture! The rest…it was an improvement from last time. See you guys next week!” The dance instructor said as he rushed out the door. I sat outside looking through a small window. I know it’s creepy, but I can’t help it. Being creepy is worth looking at Taemin dance.

 I watched as Taemin said goodbye to everyone till he was by himself. Sighing, Taemin sat down and leaned against the wall. “Finally, everyone is gone. I haven’t had peace and quiet in a while. It’s still early, so I’ll...take… a little nap…” Taemin mumbled to himself. I stood there with contentment at watching him sleep. He is my only crush. There is no way that’ll ever change. Once I was sure he was sleep, I slipped in through the window. He looks so gorgeous up close. Okay, now I sound like a creeper. Pausing for a moment I reached to brush the hair stuck to his forehead. Kyaaaaa~ it is just as soft as I imagined it to be! But Taemin’s lips look so….inviting. I can’t help but stare at them. They look so pink and just… perfect on him.

No! No! No! Aerie please stop… with these thoughts! Maybe I need to go. But his lips keep pulling me towards him. His really cute, pink, soft, and moist lips. I bet they taste sweet. Fine, I give in! Maybe just one little peck won’t hurt anybody. He is sleeping deeply anyway. He won’t even know that I’ve kissed him.

With a little confidence, I leaned over and kissed him. I literally melted into the kiss. His lips were so soft and tasted like strawberries. I didn't know he likes strawberries. I pulled away softly. Taemin was still knocked out. His lips were so addicting. So I kissed him once again. This time I got so comfortable. My heart was racing at a serious pace. It felt good to do this without anybody noticing. I felt like a spy or assassin. I once again pulled away. But this time I saw a pair of eyes looking into mine.

I panicked and screamed loudly. Then I grabbed the nearest thing, my backpack, and hit him on the head with it. He slumped over on the floor. Blood dripped from his wound. I started to panic even more. Did I just kill Taemin?! I grabbed my bag and slipped out through the window. “What happened?!? Who was screaming?” I heard Key yell as he walked in shortly after. I sprinted all the way home. That day I called Sunny and cried all night saying I killed Taemin. Sunny scolded me and told me to calm down. I felt stupid when I saw Taemin the next day in full health. “Yeah…someone kissed me then knocked me out. All I found was this charm bracelet.” I heard Taemin explain to his friends. I gasped once I realized that bracelet is mine. Oh well, I rather lose a bracelet than get recognized. I thought that he would recognize me, but he didn’t. So I thanked the heavens for it! But I still didn’t write him that letter yet, so I have more problems to deal with.

 

[Present]

I smiled as I told my friends the story at lunch. Ravi sat next to me, laugh his off. He could hardly breathe. “Haha! Oh my god! You actually thought you killed the boy? Just what did you have in that book bag?” Me Li asked with tears in her eyes. She always laughed and cried. “Yes and I had books in the bag!” I said with annoyance. “More like bricks.” N commented nearby. “What about that letter you mentioned at the end?” Min Ji asked. Damn! I slipped it out by mistake. “What letter? I didn't mention any letter.” I said glancing away from Min Ji’s piercing eyes. “Does that letter have anything to do with why you hate Taemin?” Me Li asked once she stopped laughing. Her face now held a serious expression.  “No. There was never any letter.” I said.

“Let’s talk about it later, your ex-crush and ex-best friend are headed this way.” Ken said discreetly. I nodded and pretended to be lovey-dovey with Ravi. “This is creeping me out.” He said with a smile. “Me too~” I said cutely while clinging onto him. Taemin couldn't hear us yet. But he could see us. He was livid. “We are never dating.” Ravi said feeding me some of his lunch. I opened my mouth and chewed the food. “Agreed.” The table said in unison. “This lunch , baby boo~” I cooed. “I made this by hand, so shut up and enjoy it.” He smiled as he continued feeding me. I love playing with Ravi.

“Do you mind if we sit here?” Taemin asked.  I began to say yes, but Min Ji shoved food into my mouth. “No, we have no problem with you guys sitting here.” Ravi smiled. Taemin smile twitched a bit as he sat down in front of us. “I was just telling Sunny about this school and about how much you’ve changed.” Taemin smiled at me. He was basically saying that I became a b*tch in eye language. I was about to cuss him out, but I got an encouraging look from Ravi. “Yeah this school is pretty cool. I’ve changed so much too…-- I paused to look at Ravi--…because love changes people.” I said, trying to show as much love as I could muster. My friends made ‘Aww’ sounds. I really want to laugh at Taemin’s facial expression. He is pissed.

“You’re right love does change people. I’ve changed all thanks to you.” Sunny said to Taemin. “Aww~” Taemin’s friends cooed over her words (when did they come anyway?). What happened to my best friend? Why is she acting like this? She knew that I’ve always liked Taemin. Why is she trying to steal him away? Wait. Hold the phone. I sound jealous right now. Why am I acting like this? I don’t like Taemin anymore. Right? Yeah that’s right.

“Jealous again I see.” Min Ji text me discreetly. I turned my phone off again. Min Ji is way too accurate for her own good. “So, I was wondering Taemin. Why do you like Aerie?” Me Li asked. I choked on the food Ravi was feeding me. Taemin started to blush, but soon it faded away. His blushing face was actually kinda…cute? No! It was not cute! Aeries stop it! “I don’t want to talk about it. Those feelings are long gone.” Taemin said with an emotionless face. “The feeling is mutual.” I said glaring at him. Taemin hissed and turned towards Sunny. “There is a girl that’ll eventually replace her.” Taemin said. I clenched my fist at the thought of Sunny and him dating. Or even Taemin dating anyone…except me. “Don’t mess with her! You aren’t allowed to date her!” I said standing up from my seat. My anger was evident on my face. “Why should he leave me alone? I’ve already made it clear that I like him. You’ve rejected him, so it’s all fair game. Aww, are you going to cry?” Sunny mocked me. I could feel the tears starting to form. I took a deep breath.

“Nope. I’m not going to cry. My feelings for Taemin disappeared long ago. I’m in love with Ravi-oppa now, so there is no need for Taemin.” I said. Lies. Those were all complete lies. I love Taemin so much! I’m an idiot for just realizing that! Letter or no letter, the past is the past. This is my feelings now. I’ve loved him from the first day that I saw him, till now. Nothing is going to change that. But it’s too late. Taemin no longer looks my way. He now looks at Sunny and that is never going—

My train of thoughts was interrupted by soft lips. My eyes widened in confusion. Taemin is kissing me. Why is he doing this to me? I tried pushing him away, but he tightened his hold on me. He tilted his head and deepened the kiss. My heart is beating heavily against my chest. My brain is basically fried goo as he moves his lips hungrily against mine. No, I don’t want to feel this, because if he keep kissing me then it’ll be harder to resist. I can’t escape his hold. He holds onto to me for dear life. He suddenly pulls my body flush against his. I gasp at the proximity, but Taemin takes that opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. That familiar taste of strawberries invaded my mouth. I moan slightly as he skillfully explores my cavern. I became undone and simply started to kiss him back with such passion. My eyes fluttered close and I felt strangely at home. I could feel his anger, anguish, passion, and love for me.

  I became fully aware of the constant whispering of my schoolmates. We are in the cafeteria after all. Plus sadly oxygen does exist. So we pulled apart slowly, a trial of saliva connecting between us. I could feel the heat rising to my face. I could only assume that I was as red as a tomato. Taemin face was beet red, yet it showed anger and sadness. “Don’t ever say that you’re in love with Ravi. You’re mine. You’ve been mine since the first time I saw you, and you’ll be mine even after we both die.” Taemin said pecking my lips. I shivered from Taemin possessive attitude. It was different, yet it fit Taemin surprisingly well. He must have really snapped.

“Okay anyone care to explain to me what is going on?” Sunny asked. I pulled away from Taemin momentarily. “Taemin is mine. He doesn’t want you, so take a hike.” I smirked. I expected Sunny to be upset. But Sunny smiled and started to clap. “Finally! I came back for this! You’ve finally showed me how much you actually like him. I felt guilty for what I did in middle school, so I made a plan to hook you up with Taemin.” Sunny explain. Me and Taemin asked for her to explain what she felt guilty for. “You remember when you gave me that letter to put in Taemin’s locker? Well I kinda ripped it to shreds…” she smiled. I glared at her. I hope she realized just how much work I put into that letter. “Why? Why did you do that to your best friend?” Min Ji asked with anger. She finally asked a question that I wanted to hear the answer to.

“I was in love with Taemin, yet I didn’t want to become rivals with Aerie. I wanted to get him.  So, I pretended like I was supporting her. I told her that Taemin had gotten the letter. But in reality, I sent Taemin a false letter that bashed him. The letter was absolutely bad (it didn’t have a name on it though). I arranged the perfect timing; I made it seem like Taemin read her letter and simply threw it away. Aerie assumed that Taemin disregarded her feeling without caring. The plan worked perfectly. Aerie grew to dislike Taemin and I became closer to Taemin as friends (after I moved). Yet one thought haunted me: I made my best friend cry. Believe it or not, Aerie was still important to me. So after 3 years of high school passed, I decided to give Taemin to you. Since ya’ll are graduating soon, I wanted to make sure you left high school happy. You might have never had seen Taemin again.” Sunny said sadly. I was touched but also hurt by her actions. But then I felt bad. I didn’t even care about her interests in middle school. All I cared about was me. I never once asked her if she liked someone. I really didn’t even know much about her.

“It’s okay, as long as you’re repentant.” I said to her. I went up to her and hugged her small frame. “I’m sorry….I’m sorry…” Sunny mumbled as she cried on my shoulder. I rocked her back and forward slowly. “Wow, this was such a dramatic lunch.” Key commented. “You love to ruin moods don’t you?” Taemin asked with a grin. “Not always, but when I do, I make sure to up everyone’s joy.”

 

2 months later…

“…This is your future, your dreams, and everything. This is the reality that we all have to face. We all have to grow up and die eventually. But there are brighter outcomes in our future. Pleasure, Wealth, and Success are what we strive for. Some people never acquire these things. But we will! I know for a fact that we will.  Some of you already have. But is this the end? Is this the end of our happiness? No! If we don’t have any material possessions at all, we will always have love. Love is the greatest quality that a human being can possess. We all have it, or crave for it. Love will always be here. So will you take advantage of this opportunity to get it? Or let it slip through your fingertips? Whatever you decide to do, don’t let someone ruin your ability to love. That is the worst crime known to man. This is the end of my farewell to my fellow classmates and friends. Congratulations Graduating Class of 20XX!” Min Ji spoke on the stage. She wore her black cap and gown perfectly. “You may all throw your caps!” she spoke. I stood up proudly with my hand entwined with Taemin’s. Taemin smiled at me as we both threw up our caps. I felt tears of joy run down my face. I was going to miss high school and my friends. We watched as the sky above us was filled with caps (and a wig?).

My family greeted me with love and wishes. Min Ji and I had to deal with the endless sobbing Me Li. “Why did I become best friends with seniors? I’m a freshman…I’ll be lonely for the rest of my high school life. N, Ken, and Hyuk can never replace you guys!” Me Li cried into our chests. We comforted her till she was able to calm down. “We promise to visit often, okay?” Min Ji said. Me Li nodded with her face covered in wet trails. “Do you mind if I borrow Aerie for a moment?” Taemin asked them. They allowed for him to take me away. “I have something to show you.” He said simply. I nodded and continued to follow him. I happened to see Ravi (he’s a graduate too), with a girl in glasses. His face was red as he handed her flowers. She blushed but accepted his flowers.  I vaguely remember the girl as his long-time crush. But, I was slightly distracted by Taemin’s warm hand.

 

“Here we are.” Taemin smiled as he showed me the school’s infamous lover’s fountain. There is a myth that says if you meet someone here accidentally when it’s raining, you’ll end up with that person forever. I believe the myth is straight BS.  “Why did you bring me here?” I asked. Taemin smiled as he made me sit down on the fountain’s end. “In middle school, I once read a letter that made me feel insecure. I was depressed by that letter because the letter exposed my failure to be a man. I grew up getting teased for looking like a girl. So that letter triggered my past depression. I went to visit this high school for dance rehearsal (I’ll usual room was being repaired). I got caught in the rain here, at this exact spot. I thought ‘Why does it even matter? I’m not worth anything anyway. I’m not precious to anyone. Right?’ I sat at this fountain, allowing the rain to devour me. But then suddenly, the rain no longer touched me. I looked up to see a girl with gorgeous brown eyes and long hair. “You don’t want to catch a cold, do you? You should go home. Your body is a fragile and precious thing. Don’t take it for granted. Okay?” she smiled as she tilted her head. I stared, dumbfounded at her smile. “Take my umbrella Unnie.” She said. Before I had a chance to protest, she ran to catch a taxi. I sat there with her pink floral umbrella. I laughed hard at the thought of me carrying around such a girly umbrella. Plus she thought that I was a girl! Strangely, I wasn’t depressed over her misunderstanding. Instead, I fell for that girl immediately. Do you know who that girl is?” Taemin asked. I stood there embarrassed.

“I’m so sorry that I mistook you for a girl!” I said, bowing slightly. Taemin smiled but got down on one knee before me. “I have something to give back to you.” he said, reaching into his pocket. He soon pulled out a charm bracelet. “I do believe that this belongs to you.” Taemin smirked. He sat up and put the bracelet around my wrist. I hid my face in my hands. “You knew that it was me all along?” I asked with fake annoyance. “I’m not stupid. I realized that it was you as soon as I saw your face. I just wanted to give this back to you and return the favor.”’

“Favor?”

Taemin stood up and leaned over to kiss me. Sparks of electricity rushed through my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and allowed him to take control. His lips were sinfully soft and delicious. More addicting than any drug ever made. We pulled away from each other. “I never really had the opportunity to say this but…I love you Aerie.” Taemin smiled. My heart sped up and I could hear Taemin’s do the same. “I love you…” I pecked his lips. “…and strawberries.”

“I hope you like me more than strawberries.” Taemin said with a mischievous spark in his eyes. “Hmm…strawberries are less troublesome.” I said with as much seriousness that I could muster. But, Taemin’s face made me want to laugh.

“Take that back.”

“…and if I don’t want to?”

Taemin pushed me gently into the fountain water. My attire was soaking wet.

“Oops! That will happen…” He grinned evilly.

“You did not just do that.” I glared.

“Oh, yes I d—” before Taemin was able to finish speaking, I splashed water on him. His hair clung to his face, and his graduation gown was wet. “You are so dead.” Taemin smirked. He jumps in and begins to splash me with the water. “Haha! You’re going to pay!” I laughed; as we began our splash wars.

10 minutes later we found ourselves making out. My lips moved in sync with his. I pulled away and stared into those warm brown eyes. Taemin suddenly lifted me up. “You’re so gorgeous Aerie.” He smiled as he studied my features. I felt like I was exposed to him. Yet, I couldn’t help but feel safe and not embarrassed in the least. “You too Unnie.” I giggled. “Yah! Stop calling your boyfriend that!” Taemin said with mock anger. Boyfriend…it certainly does have a nice ring to it. “Okay, Boyfriend.” I smiled. Taemin put me down gently. “I like that.” He said, a blush covering his face. He is just so…cute. I put away those thoughts and looked towards the setting sun. I felt Taemin slyly entwine our hands. Even though Taemin could be mistaken for a girl, these hands definitely belong on a man. We just stood there, watching the sky’s color change from a deep orange to a mixture between pink and purple. I wanted to install this moment into my most treasured memories. Perfect. This was absolutely perfect. Nothing can change this…

“Yah! Stop being so mushy!” N grinned. “Yeah, you’re way too fluffy.” Min Ji said filming us on a video camera. Well maybe that. I hid my face into Taemin’s chest. “Shut Up.” I spoke, my voice muffled by his soaking wet gown. “Aww, nothing to be embarrassed about now~” Sunny said, joining the conversation. “Wow, I didn’t even know that you could be this cheesy Aerie.” Me Li teased. “They didn’t even notice us here. Talk about being oblivious…” Ravi said, with his crush hugging his waist. I’ll have to introduce myself properly to her later.

“I’m hungry; let’s go get something to eat.” Ken said rubbing his stomach. “You’re always hungry.” Sunny said rolling her eyes. “I second that.” Me Li said. Ken looked at her with hurt. “You traitor! Just who side are you on?!?” he complained. “Sunny.” Everyone, except me and Taemin, said. Ever since Sunny came here, Ken and her always bicker like an old married couple. Everyone quickly got used to Sunny being here. She instantly became part of our group. “I need to reward Taeminnie. So, Taemin’s food is my treat.” Key said, flipping his styled hair. “Umma, I’m fine~” Taemin whined. Taemin is Key’s fake-child. Key babies the poor boy way too much. He even threatened to gut me like a fish if I break Taemin’s heart. Am I the guy in this relationship?

“Well, since you two are wet, go head home and get changed. We can meet up at a restaurant later.” Minho said. Everyone agreed on that and headed home. “Come.” Taemin said with his hand outstretched towards me. I took his hand and allowed him to lead the way. “I think I want something sweet that has strawberries.” I mumbled. I’m never going to abandon strawberries again.

[Present?]

“…And that is how Taemin and I got together.” I said, finishing my story up. I was telling some college friends about my love story. I explained it in the library. I had got some shut-up-before-I-impale-you-with-a-stick looks from the people in the library. But, I didn’t care. Amber and Sulli had tears in their eyes. “Aww, that was so romantic~” Luna gushed. “This happened…only a couple of months ago…” Me Li complained nearby. I ignored her. “I know right, Taemin is such a prince.” I sighed dreamily. Taemin chuckled at my words. “You’re my princess.” He stared at me with intense heated eyes. Amber, Sulli, and Luna blushed and fangirled over it. Needless to say, we ended up making out again. The girls basically fainted, while Me Li complained about her life and stuff. I tuned her out and gripped Taemin’s soft locks of hair, kissing him hard. “God. I know that you would love to be glued to him, but I have an important problem here!” Me Li groaned. Well at least I heard that.

(T.b.c.) in Betting on the Frog Prince.