Confessions

Love by the Pool

“HELP! HELP!” can be heard all over, everywhere at the swimming pool.

A lifeguard near the pool dived in quickly in rush to save the person drowning. After reaching for him, she swam back to the side and the other people surrounding the pool pulled them up. The guy wasn’t moving at all, he drank too much water and is now in the need of CPR. The same lifeguard leaned in to perform CPR.

Watching from a distance, Aaron, another lifeguard is heartbroken. In front of him was his bestfriend who is also the girl that he is in love with, giving CPR(kissing) to another guy. They had been the best of friends since middle school and he fell for her during the beginning of high school and he still has deep feelings for her. But he thinks she would never like him back and sees him only as a bestfriend or maybe even a brother. However he was incorrect.

GuiGui raised her head up and finally focused on the person’s face. During the time of her panic to save the guy she didn’t notice the guy was actually faking. When she looked up she saw the guy smirking and looking right at her, she then remembered he came here everyday and actually tries to hit on her. When that realization hit her, she was boiling angry and slapped him on the face.

*WHACK*

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? Faking to drown isn’t funny. It can actually scare the people around you! You think it’s funny? Well.. I’m not laughing. If you are going to die, then die somewhere else. Not at my pool!!! Leave and never come back!” She bursted out.

“But…but I just wanted you to notice me.” he spoke sadly “The first time I saw you, I knew that I already like you. I’m not joking about this, I really mean it. Will you go out with me?” he pleaded looking into her eyes.

“Sorry. But I can’t accept your confession. I already have someone I love.” GuiGui looked up and stared straight ahead.

Aaron, who was still at the scene, was a bit surprised when GuiGui looked over at him. ‘Was she talking about me? It couldn’t be…maybe she was talking about someone else,’ he thought. His heart was still beating fast since GuiGui was still looking into his eyes and she had this look in her eyes that made his heart race, she looked really passionate and loving.

GuiGui rises from the ground and slowly walks toward Aaron. Aaron’s legs just moved by themselves, he didn’t even notice he was walking towards her at a fast speed until he was face to face with her just inches away.

GuiGui decided to take the initiative and pulled Aaron’s collar. Leaning in for a kiss, she closes her eyes and….

*SPLASH*

GuiGui was actually daydreaming during her shift of lifeguard duty. When she leaned in for the kiss in the dream, she was actually doing the same in reality so she fell into the pool. However, she was too dazed after her dream that she forgot to swim to save herself and started to drown. This was what Aaron, her crush and bestfriend since middle school saw and dived in to save her.

By the time he pulled her up GuiGui was already unconscious. Aaron leaned in for CPR. He kept pumping her heart while listening for her breathing and once in a while blowing in . His heart was beating so fast. He was scared. There was still a lot of things that he wanted to tell her. He didn’t want to lose her. Never would he want to lose the love of his life.

Not wanting to give up, Aaron kept pumping. He needs her. Even if she doesn’t love him the way he loves her at least having her near by was enough.

Just when he thought he was going to lose her, GuiGui opened her eyes before choking out water. Afterwards Aaron pulled GuiGui in a hug while tears rolled down his cheek.

“How could you scare me like that?!” He whimpered softly. He was scared. Really scared.

“Sorry. I was daydreaming and this just happened. I’m sorry!” She pulls away from the hug and looks at Aaron’s face.

She wiped the tears off his face then asked “What’s wrong? Are you okay? I didn’t scare you that much did I?”

He quickly embraced her again and shook his head, “Wrong. I was really, really scared. I thought I was going to lose you. You can’t leave me..”

“Aaron..?” She was confused on why he was acting like this.

“GuiGui, I really need to tell you this.” He pulls away and looks her in the eyes. “I love you. I fell in love with you the first time I met you. You are an angel sent from heaven. I don’t how my life would turn out if I didn’t meet you. You were my shoulder to lean on when my world felt as if it was falling apart. I love you very much and not as a bestfriend.”

She was speechless after his confession. Never has she thought Aaron felt the same way. Was this a dream?

Seeing that Gui was dazed, he knew that he caught her by surprised. He chuckled a little before pulling her in for a kiss.

GuiGui who was thinking to herself if this was one of her fantasies again, came back to reality when a pair of soft lips were pressed against hers. She was shocked and all she did was stared straight at the pair of eyes that she grew to love. After a while, GuiGui slowly closed her eyes and responded to his kiss. They got quite passionate and even forgot about the crowd that was watching them from the very start.

When Aaron and GuiGui were French-kissing, the whole crowd cheered profusely of randomness.

“WOOOOOH!”

“We love you!”

“GET A ROOM!”

GuiGui pulled away from the kiss and blushed. She whispered to Aaron softly, “ I love you too.”

Then she pulled Aaron in for another mouth-watering kiss. They didn’t care about anyone around them. All they care about right now is that they both have mutual feelings and nothing can tear them apart.