We meet again

My heart still aches for you.

Here I was sitting by myself, on the bench looking at the clear blue sky. Everyday the pain in my heart was getting worse. Everything I did made me think of you. I missed you so badly I would cry. I wanted to scream to let you hear that I still want you. Losing you to another girl killed me. I wanted to know what she did to make you happier than I did. I knew you only wanted to be friends,but I didn't care as long as I was with you. Nothing mattered to me unless you were here. But now things are just blank inside my head. I didn't know what to do since our break up. All I ask of God was to just see your beautiful smile once more. And it came true. You were right there, not to far away.

I can hear my name being called out over and over again."Krystal! Krystal!!" I stopped looking at the sky and looked back down. There you were. Your nice short blonde hair, oh how I missed touching it. Amber runs up and sits beside me.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" She asks.

"Oh, just doing some thinking like always. How about yourself?" I say.

"Just with Amy."Hearing that name made me sick. Amy was a nice girl, but knowing that I lost to girl like her I gave up right away.

"Where is Amy?" I asked. We both look around and I see her just crossing over the little brick brigde."Hello," She says with a cute charming smile. 

Amy was absolutely beautiful. Her short black bob cut went well with her small framed face. Her pale skin was so flawless and fair. I evny her so much, not only is she beautiful but she has Amber's heart. 

I push my hair out of my face and tucked it behind my right ear. I look at Amber and our eyes met. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds then she pulled away trying to hide her blush. "Um, Amy could you go get us some drinks from that stand over there?" Amber asks her. She nods as her repsonse and left us alone.

There was an awkward silence between us. Of course there was, it's been 4 years the last time we talked, texted or seen each other. My heart it was pounding so fast, I couldn't stop thinking about her and about us. She finally spoke. "Krystal, by any chance..." I didn't look at her, I was too scared on what she was going to say.

"...Do you still love me?" My mind went blank. Everything around me just froze. I clenched on my shirt where my heart was. Tears just start to stroll down my cheeks. I look at her. I couldn't say a word even if I tried. Nothing came out but breath of air. "Y..Yes," I finally said. She turned away fully. 

"I'm sorry for leaving you like that, I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry that the pain is still trapped in your heart. I just wanted to let you know that..." She pauses and looks back at me. "I still love you too."

The speed of my heart went faster and faster. I wanted to believe what she said. I wanted to kiss her and just tell her I want to be back together. But I can't, not when she's with Amy. "Then... If you still love me... Why did we break up?" I manage to say. 

"I only broke up with you because I couldn't take the pain anymore. The fights that we got into, people calling us names, I couldn't stand the pressure. It was the most horriable feeling that I had ever felt in entire life. No one accepted us. Not even your parents. I was scared. That if we went on, what would happen to us? Would one of our parents try to break us apart before we even did? I wanted to keep you safe, not in pain. I truly loved you and still do, it's just not the same anymore. The enviornment is better now. People are starting to accpet these kinds of ualitys. I wish I had the chance to take you back, but my heart is in a better place." She looks down at her shoes.

"I'm sorry, that I can't make you happy as Amy can. I thought of you every nigtht before I went to bed. I pretend that your still there sleeping with me. Your touch still lingers around me. I can't accept the fact that we're done. That we've broken up. I want to stay with you, be with you. I want to be yours." I say.

"But you know it can't be that way..." I look at her. "I know that, that's why I'm not asking much. Eventually I will let you go and find someone else. But I have one request." She looks back up at me. "That is?" I took a deep breath and looked right at her in the eyes. "Would you please smile for me? Seeing you smile makes me feel like I can do anything." I say wipping my tears away. She gently places her hand ontop of mine. "Of course I will." She smiles. Seeing her smile made me fill up with joy."And I can even do better," She says. She leans in closer and right before I knew it, her lips were on mine. The soft touch was such a blessing. All I asked for was a smile, but certainly I will never forget this day. She opens her eyes and hugs me. "I promise to text you more often, I don't want you to be lonely anymore." She smiles again.

"Thank you, but that won't be nesccesary." I look down at our hands. "No matter what I will always think of you. To get over you is to stay away. When these feelings leave I promise I will come back, but not to be your lover just to be friends. I want this heart of mine to be repaired by someone else, I don't want it to be ripped by the same one." I get up off the bench and stood still. "Thank you so much for a wonderful day, you truly made me make up my mind. Farewell Amber." I smiled and walked away. In a whisper, I hear Amber say, "No problem, I will always love you either way even if you don't love me anymore." Again tear sheds from my eyes.

Amy comes running back to Amber with three drinks. "Where's Krystal going?" Amy asked. "To find new love," Amber says back. Amy takes a seat beside her. Amber smiles to herself. "You haven't changed one bit Krystal." She catches herself giggling.