Is it worth it?

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

 

“Are you sure about this?” L.Joe asked Hana as they were seated in class the next day.

Hana sighed and nodded. “I guess I don’t have something I can do for it, right? They won’t stop until they see me walking down the aisle with the person they want me to marry waiting for me in the altar.” She replied as she pretended to read her notes.

L.Joe nodded. “Same here.” He replied as he sighed hard.

The two have talked about what their parents want them to do. It is not a good idea – it is definitely the most ridiculous idea ever – but they both know that they couldn’t do anything about it.

Because when their parents say something, mark their words. It will happen against all odds.

Perhaps, the two have set their minds to be like this.

They don’t like each other.

They love their own partners.

But it seems like this time, they have to do this.

Not for themselves but for their parents to stop bugging them.

L. Joe looked at Hana. “Secret?” He spoke.

Hana smiled and nodded. “Secret.” She replied in agreement.

Yes, they are going to do this secretly.

They both cannot live without the love of their lives so there is no way they are going to leave them behind even if they are engaged.

Hana and L.Joe both know that this is going to be hard for them, especially on Minji and Zico but heck, it is better this way than break up with them.

That’s going to hurt more.

At least, they thought about it that way.

“I just hope we keep this as a secret for a long time.” Hana whispered.

L.Joe nodded. “We will. We have to.” HE replied as the professor entered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, how was the dinner with your family?”Minji asked L.Joe at lunch time and they were in the cafeteria.

L.Joe smiled and held Minji’s hand. “It was simple and ordinary dinner.” He replied as he kissed the back of her hand.

Minji smiled widely.

Damn, L.Joe felt like he is ripping into pieces with the thought of getting engaged to someone else.

Let alone, his girl’s best friend.

If ever, Minji knew about it, what would happen to her?

He thinks she couldn’t take it.

“Minji, where do you want to go after school?” He asked.

Minji gave him a confused look. “Are you taking me out?” She asked.

L.Joe nodded. “Yes, of course, baby.” He replied smiling.

Minji smiled. Well, ever since they have been together, L.Joe has always been the mysterious one. He takes control of the dates and he sees to it that Minji will be surprised.

And every single time, Minji is surprised and surprisingly, after all these times, she finds herself falling for L.Joe more and more and deeper and deeper.

It just wouldn’t stop.

Minji knows he is the one for her.

Damn, if she only knew.

L.Joe smiled at her, guilty of everything he will be doing in the future. And that is the reason why he wanted to spend most of his time with the girl he loves the most.

As much as he doesn’t want to do this to her, he couldn’t do anything.

So, he had to do everything to make his girl happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What does he want?” Zico asked the junior who was reporting something to him about this guy who wanted to have a rap battle with him.

The junior bowed his head. “He said he wants to face the king of rap.”He replied nervously.

Zico might be sweet when he is with Hana but to others? Hell no!

Everyone is scared of him because he is known as the person who is cold to everyone else.

Sometimes, even colder than L.Joe.

Zico rolled his eyes as he looked at the junior. “Tell him I don’t want to face someone who doesn’t know what rap battles are.” He replied. “I don’t just battle with someone because he wants a battle.” He added. “I don’t like his reason.” He finished.

“But-“

“Ssssh. No buts. Just tell him I don’t want to. I think he will get what I mean.” Zico said as he shooed the kid away.

Hana walked to him, narrowing her eyes on the junior who walked deflated-ly away from Zico. “Who is that?” She asked as she sat in front Zico.

Zico sighed. “Someone who a wannabe rapper asked to be a messenger.” He replied.

Hana laughed. “SO, another one wants to battle with you?” She beamed.

Zico sighed. “I guess, you have a guy who every guy wants to.” He replied making Hana chuckle.

“That is so gay!” She teased as she brought out two bentos from her bag. “Have you eaten?” She asked.

Zico smiled and shook his head. “Of course not. I am going to eat what you cooked for me.” He said sweetly as he took one of the bentos.

Hana giggled and gave him his pair of chopsticks.

Hana usually cooks lunch for her and Zico because she thinks some of the foods in the cafeteria are not healthy enough.

“IS it good?” She asked as Zico was shoving everything to his mouth. She chuckled at how her boyfriend savored every food she prepared.

Zico blinked at him. “Your cooking is always the best thing ever, love.” He beamed as he gave her two thumbs up.

Hana chuckled. Perhaps she is the only one who could see the Zico who everyone is scared of, acting childish like this.

Then the thought of her marrying someone else comes into her mind, making her all guilty over what she is about to do.

Will it be worth it?

Would that lie she is about to commit going to be worth it in the end?

She watched Zico eat happily and felt a pang in her heart. She doesn’t want to do this.

Of all people, she doesn’t want to do this to Zico the most.

He is the most precious man in her life and she couldn’t bear to see him get hurt or what.  Hell, that is the last thing she wants to happen.

Zico has never did something wrong to her. He has never hurt her and that fact made her even guiltier.

Is Hana making the right decision?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where have you been?” Mrs. Lee asked L.Joe as soon as he stepped inside their house.

“With Minji.” He replied shortly.

Mrs. Lee gasped at him. “Break up with her. You don’t want to hurt her when she knows what will happen between you and Hana.” She suggested.

L.Joe gave her a look. “what? You think that’s easy?” He asked.

Mrs. Lee was taken aback by L.Joe’s tone of voice. Her son never talks back. “Then do you want to hurt her more once she knows that you are going to marry someone else?” She asked.

L.Joe smirked. “Hana and I talked about it already. We are agreeing.” He said. “But we aren’t going to breaking up with our current relationships.” He added.”We just can’t do that as easy as that.” He continued.

Mrs. Lee looked at him. She knows that pulling her son into this isn’t a good decision but hell, the company needs this.

She couldn’t do anything.

L.Joe looked at his mom. “Let me do this mom. I am submitting to what you want. The last thing you can do for me is to make me keep the woman I love. At least now.” He said as he walked to his room leaving his mom dumbfounded.