Is It Starting?

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

 

“So…” Hana started. “Why did you suddenly want me to have a sleep over? Is something wrong?” She asked Minji.

Minji smiled and shook her head. “Nothing. I just want to have a sisters’ night with you.” She beamed as she puts on her face cream.

Hana smiled. Well, Minji is really one of the most beautiful girls in school. She knows how to take care of her image well and oh, she has that good image. And she is proud she is her best friend.

“I miss hanging out with you too.” Hana replied as she laid on the bed. *And I will miss it even more when you knew everything.* She thought sadly.

At that instant, she had weighed on the things she did for the past few days.

She accepted the engagement with L.Joe, the boyfriend of her best friend.

She somehow cheated on his love, Woo Jiho.

She is about to betray the only sister she has, Minji.

Everything for the love of her parents.

Everything for the company.

Everything for money.

Is it going to be worth it?

Losing all she used to have. Losing everything for something that matters the most for her parents.

Losing friendship and love.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be hanging out a lot in the future.” Minji spoke positively.

Hana smiled. Authentic and bitterly. *Sorry, Minji.*

 

----

L.Joe was sitting by the gate gutter the next morning, waiting for Hana to come back.  He doesn’t know why but he has this feeling that Hana had a hard time last night.

“I’m really going crazy.” He muttered to himself as he looked at his watch. “It’s past 10 and she still hasn’t arrived.” He mumbled a string of curses.

He looked at his phone. He was dying to text her but he was afraid to do so because Hana is with Minji and Minji would see that he is texting Hana who she thinks is someone he doesn’t go well with.

But why is he waiting anyway?

He messed his hair, not knowing why he is doing what he is doing.

He suddenly perked up when he saw a cab stop by. He stood up and pretended to be doing something as he waited for Hana to come down from the cab.

Hana looked at L.Joe weirdly. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

L.Joe looked back at her. “Don’t flatter yourself, I am not waiting for you.” He replied.

Hana looked at him with the same weird look. “I didn’t say you anything about you waiting for me.” She replied as she walked inside. “Babo.” She muttered as she walked to the door.

L.Joe sighed in relief. He didn’t know why but Hana seems fine. Maybe Minji didn’t know anything about the engagement yet.

He went inside and saw Hana reading something about Leadership and Management. *Studying?* He thought as he walked to her and opened the television to NBA. Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat.

Perhaps, like all the other boys watching a basketball game, he was noisy and loud and wild.

Hana looked at him pissed. “Hey, would you turn down the volume?” She asked, almost in an angry tune.

L.Joe somehow defied her and continued to watch wildly.

Hana rolled her eyes and closed her book, walking away. “Loud punk.” She muttered as she walked to the bed room.

L.Joe chuckled. Okay, his mission was a success. “Pissed Kim Hana.” He smiled to himself and turned the volume down.

Oh boy.

 

---

“What do we have for lunch?” Hana asked the helper.

Ahjumma (A/N: okay, let’s just call her ahjumma, I can’t think of a name right now) smiled at Hana. “Master L.Joe’s favorite. Pork barbecue.” She replied.

Hana nodded. “Okay, that’s cool.” She smiled. Truth is, she also loves pork barbecue. She just doesn’t want to be all that excited because it is L.Joe’s favorite.

Duh. No. There is no way she would say that. No way!

L.Joe suddenly walked over to the fridge craving for water. He was all sweaty and Hana could say that he played Xbox and exercised.

“What are you looking at?” L.Joe asked Hana. “Are you falling for me already?” He asked.

Hana looked at him disgusted. “Are you even hearing your words?” She asked.

L.Joe smiled. “Don’t hide it. I am way better than Woo Jiho.” He reiterated.

Hana laughed out loud. “Keep telling yourself that and fool yourself forever.” She said as she sat on the dining hall already. “Finish that and let’s eat.” She ordered.

L.Joe smiled and nodded. “As you wish, Ma’am.” He said as he walked to his seat as well. “Wow! Pork barbecue!” He beamed. “Thanks, Ahjumma! You really know what I want.” He said as he ate like an excited child.

Ahjumma smiled.

Hana looked at L.Joe as if she doesn’t know him. Oh yes. He is acting like a child and she had never imagined him to act that way because he is such a snob at school. “I swear, if your fan girls see you like this, they will all die at once.” She beamed.

L.Joe chuckled. “Yeah. Because I am cute.” He beamed then he continued to eat.

“Whatever.” Hana replied as she ate her own food. She looked at L.Joe and wondered.

*Something is really wrong today. He seemed to be more hyper now than any other day in the past. Like seriously, he is like a child!* She thought as she unknowingly stared at L.Joe.

“Oops. Stop staring. I might melt.” L.Joe suddenly spoke.

Hana went back to her senses at that instant. “What? I’m not staring!” She denied.

L.Joe smirked. “Oh yeah?” He asked teasing. “You were caught off guard, Kim Hana.” He added.

Hana glared at him. “Fine. Whatever, weirdo.” She surrendered.

L.Joe chuckled. “I never knew you would even surrender that fast.” He teased. “Guess, you’re really caught off guard.” He said.

Hana rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She replied.

L.Joe smiled. “Well, by the way, what happened last night at Minji’s?” He asked. Finally. He has been dying to ask about that.

Hana looked at him and suddenly all the guilt feelings are coming back to her. “Nothing much. We just talked about how we would want to be when we grow up. Same old things.” She replied.

L.Joe looked at Hana. He noticed that there was a sudden change of mood. “That’s all?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “Yeah. Pretty much.” She replied. “Plus all the guilt feelings I am feeling because I am betraying her.” She added in a soft voice.

L.Joe suddenly stopped eating and looked at Hana. He knows how hard it is for her. He knows how much she cherishes the friendship and it is getting harder by the minute to suppress and hide this relationship they have. Because he knows that one way or another, Minji and everyone will know about it.

When that time comes, he knows that everyone will be against him. Everyone will be against Hana.

“Don’t think too much.” L.Joe said. “I don’t know what will happen soon but there will be solutions, okay?” He smiled.

Hana looked at him. For the first time since he knew him, this is the first time that he indirectly said that he will be with her. She felt like she has someone to lean on when everything fails.

“I hope so.” She replied, smiling weakly.

“Okay, now eat your food before I eat it.” L.Joe beamed.

Hana rolled her eyes. *Punk.* She thought as she ate her food.

 

---

“What’s that?” L.Joe asked as he saw Hana typing something for the Student Council project.

Hana was so engrossed in her laptop and she didn’t even have the time to answer L.Joe’s question. She was too determined to finish this because it was way way way passed the deadline and the adviser would kill her and the rest of the members of the council already.

L.Joe watched her as she diligently did her work. Well, whatever that is.

For the first time, L.Joe had looked at Hana’s features.

Her eyes which are squirting because she is too into what she is doing.

Her nose which can be termed as perfect because… just because.

Her hair. Looking so soft and silky.

Her lips.

L.Joe gulped. Did he just check Hana out? Is he insane? He shook his head and gathered all his senses. *No, Lee Byunghun, don’t do that ever again.* He thought as he took several deep breaths.

Hana smiled as she typed the last period of the project. “DONE!” She beamed happily. She looked behind her and saw L.Joe. “Oh, you’re here.” She greeted.

L.Joe just nodded. “I was here since you started typing the second paragraph.” He replied.

Hana looked at him with wide eyes. “Omo! Really? Sorry I didn’t notice you.” She didn’t even know why she is apologizing. It’s not like she would apologize for that.

“What are you so engrossed about anyway?” L.Joe asked.

Hana sighed. “Just some semester end party.” She replied. “The council is really out of control right now because we wanted to have the most memorable end party of all.” She added.

L.Joe nodded. “I’m sure you’ll do fine.” He assured with a smile.

Hana smiled back. “Thanks.” She replied.

She didn’t know why there is something with L.Joe’s remark that makes her really feel secured.

Is it starting?

 

-------

Sorry if my updates are lame. I am still adjusting on my AUTHOR MODE still. Hehehe. 

I miss you DEARIES! :)