If Someone were to ask me What Is Love?

Sweet Melody

Seohyun POV

I closed my eyes tightly, enjoying the melody that was filling my ear. I touched my earphone, I loved music very much. The wind swaying my long hair as I kept my eyes closed. The flowers were moving by the wind, as if they were following the rhythm. Just like everyday, I sat alone on the bench in the park. But I didn’t care at all. Music was my company, that’s all mattered.

But suddenly the empty space next to me was filled by someone. I opened my eyes, and that was right. A good-looking boy sat next to me.

He has a pair of brown-orbs, tanned skin and well-built body judging by the tight shirt he wore. He was eating his lunch, not realized my presence next to him.

My first nice-looking boy I met
With a small face a little suntanned and jewel-toned eyes

 

Suddenly he stopped munching his sandwich and turned to see me staring at him. Stupid Seohyun! There was no way that he didn’t see me staring at him with question look. But really, I haven’t see him here at all. Maybe, he’s new?

Feeling awkward of the situation, I gathered my courage. I was a socialize-awkward person so instead of saying hello, I said other thing to him.

“Wanna join listening to this music?” I took one of my earphone, after a long time I collect my confidence. At first he looked at me with confused look, but finally he nodded, accepting my offer.

At first we seemed to be awkward but I gathered my courage
Instead of saying hello how about listening to this music?

Shyly, he took the earphone and put it on his ear. I can tell that he’s a silent one, just like me. Maybe this time, I’ll find a friend. Maybe this time, I won’t feel alone anymore, I thought.

“Hi, my name is Kim Jongin. The nickname’s Kai and I’m fourteen. Yours?”

“Seo Joohyun, and I’m thirteen.”

****

We’ve immediately developed our closer realationship smelling sweet in the air
What we hear is sweet melody which seems to be our BGM

We were lying on the grass field, sharing the same earphone and the same music. I smiled, as I tightened gripping his hand on mine. My heartbeat grew faster, and I can feel his heartbeat too.

Under the blue sky the boys with his headphones on
Swaying in rhythm his slim body looked like a cosmos flower
He always came to me and let me use his headphones
I’ve found myself always following you

It has been three years, and I realized that as time goes on, love grew among us. But until now, he hasn’t express his love officially, and I’m still waiting patiently for him. I used to not believe in love, but I believe it when I met Kai.

Kai was my first love, no other. And I expected him to tell me his exact feeling, instead of keeping us friendzoned.

It’s time to tell me isn’t it ? I want to hear your feelings
What we hear is sweet melody which seems to be our theme song

“Seohyun-ah, do you remember about my question?” he broke the silence. I blinked my eyes multiple times. “A-ah, what question?”

He turned. “That question. Have you ever fallen in love?”

Yes, with you. “Nope. I told you I never been in love.”

“Too bad, I thought you’re the one to talk to, because you said to me you’re my best friend, right?” he woke up and sat next to me.

Yes, bestfriend, no other. To be honest I’m tired of being stuck friendzoned but what to do.

“I’ll see what I can do.” I raised, then fix my position so I can sit next to him.

Kai grinned, then he looked at the blue sky once more. “I have fallen in love.” and I felt a pang on my chest. The time has come, finally he found a way better girl than me and fall for her. “R-really?”

“Yeah. I have fallen for her since three years ago. I thought that’s just an ordinary puppy love, but as time goes on, my feelings grow bigger.” How dare you for not telling me!

I struggled to hold my tears, I know I’m not supposed to be sad right now. Bestfriends are meant to accompany each other, instead of soulmate. “And do you know who is she?”

“W-who?” I feel my heartbeat grew stronger and faster, as if my chest could implode in anytime.

And Kai turned, stared at me with the most loving gaze I’ve ever seen. “You.”

I felt my eyes hotter, tears filling my eyes. “I have loved you since the first time we met. You’re a bad liar Seo Joohyun. I know that you feel the same way.” he chuckled.

And I know, that I won’t feel alone anymore.

I like our time together just like now forever be around me together with me
What we hear is sweet melody which seems to be our theme song

If someone were to ask me what is love?

Love is getting to know something that I’ve never known.

Love is something that can make a person to not exchange his dandelion for jewels.

Love is something that can make every wise decisions to be false.

Love is something that can make people struggling to live even in frustration.

Love is something that’s lonelier than loneliness.

Love is something that can make people let go of their soul just to exchange for momentary love.

.

.

“Kai.”

“Yes?”

“You’re stupid. But I love you.”

He smiled with the most charming smile I've ever see. The least thing I was expecting from Kai happened, when he pressed his lips on mine, then embraced me softly as I put my arms around his neck.

And, and, love is, Kai.

The End