Getting the Last Scribble From Ricky

The Last Scribble
Please log in to read the full chapter

The door opened, interrupting my teacher's lecture.

"What a pleasant surprise to see you! Please, take a seat… here in front!"

L. Joe… L. Joe was standing in my classroom…

"I brought along some friends. May they come in, too?" the gorgeous blonde asked timidly.

"Yes, yes! Everyone up front is at home sick, so please, take their seats. Goodness! Nobody ever visits me! How have you been?" my teacher continued to ramble on, and then eventually continued teaching. 

Instead of writing down my teacher's words so that I could have notes to refer back to, I already had my mind on what I was going to do after class was over. My six favorite boys were sitting as visitors in the front row of my class, and I needed to meet them.

Nobody knew who Teen Top was. Nobody knew who these random Asian boys were. Nobody knew why anyone would want to visit Mr. Anderson, even I didn't, but that was completely irrelevant. The point was: Teen Top is literally within feet from me!

Taking advantage of the opportunity at hand, I began to designate pages in my notebook for them to sign. To savor the moment and have them do more than just scribble on my pages, I included a simple question as well as a request as to how they should answer:

Why haven't you visited America before? (Please answer in English.)

My excitement and anticipation of the events that were about to unfold distracted me from anything my teacher had been saying. All I could do was stare at them. 

The very second that the bell rang to dismiss class, I completely blocked my best friend out of my mind and skipped to the front of the class with the biggest, stupidest smile anyone has ever seen. My heart skipped a beat when my bias, Niel, turned around and looked directly at me. However, as we continued looking in each other's direction, I noticed his eyes almost seemed a little… uninviting? It was as if he didn't want to run into anyone who knew him. He probably didn't, but I still needed to seize this opportunity. If he got the opportunity to be close to Nam Sangmi, we all know he would do the same, and he knew it, too. (He probably didn't think of that, especially at that moment, but he still knew it inside.)

At any rate, the other boys didn't seem to be so disgruntled. On the contrary, they were on the complete opposite side of the spectrum: flattered to be recognized.

CAP sat on the edge closest to the aisle, so I handed him my notebook first. When he signed it in less than two seconds and gave it back, I noticed that he left my question blank. I pointed it out to him and he chuckled to himself because he honestly didn't notice it. He quickly jotted down a reply, and as he handed it back to me, I tried to read what he wrote. Unfortunately, it was in broken English and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say unless I stalled to figure it out. That would waste everyone's time, so I ended up deciding to just read everyone's notes when I got home.

When I gave my notebook to Changjo, he signed his name and paused hesitantly as he processed the translation of his Korean thoughts into English words. He wrote the words that came to his mind, reread his work, still quite unsure of his accuracy, then passed the notebook along to Ricky, who then passed it to Niel.

"Uhm, what's going on?" I asked. "Ricky, can you sign this please?"

Ricky shook his head no.

"What do you mean no?" I asked as I lightly pulled my notebook out of Niel's hands to return to Ricky.

Again, he shook his head no.

"I don't understand, but I need you to sign this!" I pleaded.

After a silent pause

Please log in to read the full chapter