When My Eyes Can Only See You

Love is Blind

Donghae is not the nicest guy in South Korea and the whole nation knows about it. Heck, they even tend to stay away from the man.

No gentle smile, nor soft spoken words rolled out of his tounge. When The Lee Donghae says A, then he gets A. You got him B, then say goodbye to the world. Scary? Maybe. But sometimes rumors is bigger then the actual facts. And nobody knows about the truth, except Lee Donghae and the one he loves.

For every girls, Donghae is the most wanted bachelor in South Korea. Handsome, rich, famous, despite of his sharp tounge and cold attitude. The most important thing....he's single and free. You can ask the girls to raise their hands if they want nothing from the cold handsome guy, and I can guarantee you that there won't be any hand raised. But again, nobody knows that behind that closed doors of his so called house (well, I won't call that huge thing a house. I'd rather call it mansion), there will be a gentle smile and open arms that always welcome him home. And Donghae knows that, those are the only thing he wants to care about, than to bother every rumors about him.

Lee Hyukjae.

If the girls out of the mansion knew about him, then the owner of that name would be dead by the end of the day. To steal the most desirable bachelor in Korea is a biggest sin for them, no matter how wrong it sounds. But yeah, sadly, the owner of the gummy smile and open arms who always welcome Donghae home, will never get out of the place. He will stay inside that four walls and welcome his lover back. To Hyukjae, his world is Donghae. To the rest of the world, Hyukjae is never exist. But to Donghae, Hyukjae is his, and the world isn't worth enough to know about him.

"Hae, it's so late. Did you work too hard today?"

Donghae smiled at the cuteness of his lover. Hugging his left arm, a guy with blue silky pajama and pair of monkey slippers frowning at him.

Worries. He tought.

"Anii. I just had additional meeting today, Hyukkie. have you had your dinner?"

Lee Hyukjae, or Hyukkie, for Donghae just shakes his head.

"Alright, let's eat ne? I'm hungry."

Hyukjae stops his lover to walk any further to their dining room. He cares his face and peck the thin lips, making the owner grins and ruffles his hair. "Shower first. I'm gona heat the food. I've prepared your pajama, Hae. And don't you dare to throw your clothes everywhere. Try to keep it in the basket, okay?"

If there is on thing that makes his house feels homey, Donghae's sure, it's the sounds of Hyukjae's nag. No, he doesn't hate it. In fact, he loves it so much.

"Can I have some?"

Hyukjae raises his right eyebrow, knowing very well what the other means. But before he says something, Donghae quickly pecks his plump lips and left him to have his bath. Shaking his head gently, Hyukjae left their room and finds his way to their private kitchen. Being so huge, the house has two kitchen, which one of them is only mean for Hyukjae to use it. The cooks have their own kitchen. It's bigger and well equipped. While the special one is smaller with special layouts which both of them arranged those themselves.

It's when Hyukjae places the last bowl, he feels pair of strong arms grabs his slender waist followed with fresh scent of his bathing soap.

"Jjigae?"

He nods. "Hungry?" and he feels his lovers head nods. Oh, how he loves the ticklish feeling on his ear and neck.

"Feed me?"

Hyukjae laughs. "Hae, I'm hungry. So, let's eat ne?"

Donghae frowns. Two years, they're married for two years, yet his partner has never been feed him. He always find a way to reject his request. isn't that easy?

"Hyukkie?"

"Hae?"

"Nothing. I love you," he said and smile afterwards. Earning gummy smile from the one he loves.
 

 

"Hae, can I go out tomorrow?"

Donghae tensed. It's not that he doesn't want Hyukjae have a freedom. It's just...for him, Hyukjae and outside world is not a perfect combo. In fact, it's the most frightening thing for the mighty lee donghae.

"Hyukkie, we've talked about this before. No, baby. Please just stay here. I can't bear to lose you out there."

The gummie smile fell and Donghae know, he's been selfish. Again. He tried to supress his guilt by hugs Hyukjae tightly. But, the nags inside his heart reminds him well, that someday the world will have to know about his Hyukjae. And Hyukjae has every right to show himself. But Donghae knows, it's not tomorrow...or the day after tomorrow.

"Hyukkie, I just want you to be saved."

"I know," Hyukjae wishpers, not trusting his voice or dissapointment and sadness will be shown.

 

 

"Mr. Lee, Mr. Lee Hyukjae has been wheeled to emergency room. He has been hit by a car."

 

Donghae has no idea for how long he's been standing there. Outside the most dreading room in the biggest hospital in South Korea. He has no idea and doesn't care about how many reporters are waiting for him outside that building, to get piece of hottest news. THE MIGHTY LEE DONGHAE BROKE DOWN AND RUN TO SEOUL INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL. For god sake, Lee Donghae will give everything away so that his other half come out of that cursed room alive.

So there he cries..never minding every look of the nurses and other patients. Slowly, every images shows up in his cloudy brain. The most beautiful gummy smile he saw for the first time. The gentle voices that ask him his name. The warmest hug of those hands complete with strawberry scent.

2 hours....

3 hours...

 

"Mr. Lee Donghae?" the doctor even has to make sure that the man in front of him is indeed that guy from the biggest company in Korea. That old man reaches both of his hands, noting how scared he is. "Don't worry. He's fine. But may I know something?"

Donghae nods.

"I found this inside his jeans pocket. I'm sorry, I accidentaly read that."

Donghae reaches for the piece of paper with a mess handwriting and sniffles quietly. His Hyukjae wrote something. For him....

"I know it's none of my business. But sometimes, when you love someone, you can't be selfish. Accept their imperfection is not enough. Try to respect them for they are. Because loving someone, means you are ready to face every judgement from the world."

Before Donghae can say anything, the doctor pats his shoulder, "He's fine. I've ask the nurse to take him to our VIP room. You can accompany him there."

 

"Hae....are you mad at me?" timidly, Hyukjae tries to ask his lover and hearing only sigh from the guy, he only raises his hand try to reach him.

"Anii...you must be hate me so much Hyukkie, tried to run from our house," he answers, his voice cracks at the end and makes his Hyukjae hugs him tight.

"Hae...please, Hae don't cry. I never hate you. You know that I love you so much....please Hae.....please don't cry."

Donghae only tightened his hugs against Hyukjae and cries louder. Sadness, anger, relief....after prayed so hard to every God he knows so that his Hyukjae would still alive. It feels surreal for the businessman.

"I just want to know how it feels to be out there. I know I'm incapable to do it properly. But I just curious, Hae. Never crossed my mind that I hate you. I...I just want to make you proud of me. That I can be independent. I don't want to be a burden for you....even when I.....in.....this state. I know, I can't be your date in your company's party. But at least, I can do something by myself....and I can make myself equal to you. I...please, Hae....don't cry."

 

"I love you baby.....I don't need you to be equal to me. I just need you to love me. I was wrong....and I understand if you want to leave me....I won't hate you, Hyukkie....."

"Hae....how many times I should tell you that I won't go anywhere. Please Hae....don't be mad at me..."

 

 

Donghae clasps their palms together. Sound of cameras clicking is enough to make the guy beside him feels nervous. "Gwenchana....I'm here. I'm gonna love you no matter they say." He then kiss his lover's hand.

 

"It won't be long. So yeah, basically I'm here to introduce you all my partner. He's the one who support me. The one I love even all this time I never treat him well. Yes, I love him so much and I admit I've made a mistake. I only accept his imperfection, but I never appreciate it. That's why you only know about him now. So please, tell the world that Lee Donghae is a married man and very much in love with his spouse no matter what. To those who can't accept this, well, you can say anything you want...but that can never change my mind and my heart. He may be imperfect for you all, but for me....he is everything I need and the only one who accept me for who I am."

 

Leaving the conference room and reporters, Donghae pulls Hyukjae gently to walk beside him.

"Tell me Hae, what the colour of the sky?"

Donghae smiles and pecks his lover's lips. "Blue....It's a bright day, Hyukkie. Wanna go to the beach with me?"

"Sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dear my love....

I'm sorry for disobeying you. But I want to prove you that I can do something on my own. Remember why I always refuse yo feed you? I can't feed you, because I can't see you. So I'll find something I can do it by myself. I'm just going out Hae. Even when I can't see anything, but I'm sure I can find my way home. I can always find my way back to you.

I'm not blind, Hae. Because I can see you...your sincere heart and your love. It's only my eyes that can't see the world. My heart can see you very well and it's enough for me to love you.

 

love,

Hyukjae"

 

end

 

 

 

 

Finally, I post this. I'm so sorry for everyone that read this. Since English is not my first language, so there will be lot of grammatical error and spelling mistakes. Enjoy, guys :)