1st Chapter

Run or Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦♦♦

 

It was just another ordinary day for the tall and skinny loner of the campus, Oh Sehun. Whilst his classmates and all the usual teenage students who act their age couldn’t hide their excitements as a new student from China was scheduled to come.

 

Sehun, as usual as how the sun rises up every morning, was sitting on his chair inside the classroom, uninterested. He has no friends, not even a single weird-looking guy or the nicest student in town who could get along with almost all people. There was some who introduced themselves to him before but he could only nod in courtesy.

 

He wasn’t into making friends because it was a burden for him. He didn’t want to get attached and then get left behind. It was not that he sees everyone as people who would easily runaway. How could he know in one look if a person will stay or leave? He had no idea so to play it safe, he chose to build a wall around him to keep people out of his life.

 

“My name is Luhan.”

 

Sehun’s thoughts were cut off by an unfamiliar voice coming from the front. It was the new student people were talking about since last week. The ashbrown-haired guy has a pair of kind eyes, a perfectly protruding nose and small lips.

 

“I’m from China. I’m glad to be here.” He smiled a gentle one and looked at each one of the students who gladly returned his hellos.

 

He then stopped looking around when he noticed the only guy not paying attention to him. Luhan cleared his throat and fixed his eyes on the guy, waiting for him to look up, but to no avail.

 

“Luhan, you can sit at that vacant chair on the second row.” The teacher pointed at the seat in front of the impassive guy.

 

When Luhan was already on his seat, he turned around to face the tall one on his back and smiled.

 

“My name is Luhan.” He offered his hand.

 

“Yeah, I heard you introducing.” Sehun said, his eyes free from emotion. He shaked Luhan’s hand and proceed to looking at nowhere.

 

“You okay? You don’t seem fine. If you’re sick, I can go with you in the clinic.” The newcomer said with concern in his voice.

 

“Sorry Mr. Lu but we’re not in a relationship where you could talk to me like this. You’re not my friend and I’m not your friend.” Sehun said, not even looking at his eyes.

 

“What’s wrong with me talking to you?” he chuckled. “Then let’s be friends from now on and let me take you to the clinic.”

 

Sehun, instead of irritation, felt amazed with the guy’s persistence. All of those who tried befriending him weren’t able to talk more because of his being straight forward. But this one in front of him, talking to him coolly, is different.

 

For the first time of what seemed like a thousand years, Sehun wasn’t sure if he could decline Luhan’s friendship proposal. With his angelic face and kind voice, how could he reject him?

 

He wasn’t sure what would happen next but in the end, Sehun agreed. He was suddenly convinced by the thought of having someone to talk to, forgetting about what he was holding on since the very start. He was curious of Luhan and at the same time, impressed. There was something in the guy that made Sehun want to know him more, be with him and open up himself.

 

He didn’t know that by changing his mind, he changes everything.

 

♦♦♦

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter