Final

Safe.

It was a rainy night. She walked home alone, shivering under a small umbrella. She was lonely and was really hoping that someone would come up behind her and hug her. She felt so helpless and needed someone to make it all okay.

Where was everyone or anyone? She stopped walking, standing just beside a dark alley. She slowly sank down until she was squatting on the floor. She didn't even realise that she was crying until she felt tears fall on her arm. Just as she raised her arm to wipe it away, her phone rang.

[The phone conversation]

Her: Hello?

Him: Where are you?

Her: In this alley.. It's beside the cafe we always go to...

Him: Okay, I know where that is. Wait for me, I'll find you. [Hangs up]

 

She stayed there, waiting for him. Minutes slowly passed, until about half an hour later. She had just given up on waiting when she heard footsteps. WIthout even looking up, she knew he had come.

" Sorry Yoongie, I got held up on the way here.. Mianhae" he apologised.

" It's okay.. Thanks for coming here and finding me." She said quietly.

He used his palm to lift her head up and told her seriously, " You know that I'll always be here for you, right?"

That sentence made her feel so happy that she had him, and a tear escaped from the corner of her eye. " I- I know.. Thank you for being here... Jiyong"