Kevin's Jealousy

A Good News

            Kevin went out of his car in a hurry and he jogged to his house. It was seven o’clock in the evening. He accidentally came home earlier than usual and he was impatient with what he had planned before.

            "Yoon ah~" Kevin called his wife lovingly as he walked toward the kitchen. "You don’t have to cook our dinner, dear. Come on, we..." his sentence was stopped when he found no one in the kitchen. "Yoon ah... where are you?" he asked, half shouted. There was no answer either. Kevin started looking for her in their rooms, bathroom, and others, but she was not found yet.

           Kevin took his cell phone and when he was about to call Yeoyoon, he suddenly heard the sound of the car from the outside. Kevin rushed out of the house and finally he could breathe in relief to see Yeoyoon’s figure coming out of the car. However, his jealousy came up when he realized that the car, which was carrying his wife, was Dongho’s, his close friend. Dongho came out of his car and he accompanied Yeoyoon to get into the house.

            "Oh! Honey, you're home!" asked Yeoyoon in surprised when she realized Kevin was standing on the terrace. She walked toward him, then kissed his cheek gently and smiled at him.

            Unfortunately, Kevin did not smile back at her. He just cleared his throat. "Do you wanna come into our house and have a talk with us, Dongho yah?" he asked Dongho. He did not realize he gave him a deathly stare at him when he asked that.

            "No, thank you, hyung," Dongho said politely. He could feel Kevin’s cold attitude at him and he knew why Kevin could be like that. "Bye, hyung! Bye, Yoonie!"

            "Be careful, Dongho oppa!" Yeoyoon said while waving her hand at Dongho as the car began to move away.

            Again, the jealousy attacked Kevin. He didn’t like to see Yeoyoon waved at him nor heard the way Dongho called her name. Without saying anything else, he went back into the house, leaving Yeoyoon alone who looked at him in surprised.

 

***

 

            That night, Kevin and Yeoyoon had dinner together in silence. Yeoyoon had tried to have a talk with him, but he did not give the feedback. Actually, she had a good news for her husband, but seeing his face like that made she decided to tell him later. Her heart was sad to see Kevin’s cold attitude at her. What's the matter with you, honey? Did I do something wrong to you? She thought. When she was busy with those questions in her mind, Kevin, who had finished his dinner, got up from his chair and walked to their room. Once again, he left her without saying anything. Tears fell from Yeoyoon’s eyes to see his leaving and she began to cry.

 

***

 

            "Why you’re so cold to me, oppa? What did I do to you?" asked Yeoyoon when she was in their room. She was not crying anymore, but her face looked tired and discouraged when looked at Kevin, who was lying in the bed with his eyes closed. Because she did not get any response, Yeoyoon walked over him and shook his hand down. "I know you're not sleeping. Answer my question, oppa, I'm begging you now!"

            Finally, Kevin opened his eyes and looked at her face. Then, he sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. "Don’t bother me," he said in a low voice, but sounded curt. Then, for so many times, he left Yeoyoon again.

 

***

 

            Kevin stared at the night sky while sitting on the bench in the garden of their house. He took a deep breath and began to feel guilty. Actually, he did not want to hurt her, but he could not hold back his jealousy. He sighed heavily, regretting his attitude toward his wife.

            Shortly thereafter, his cell phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and then answered the call without looking at the caller's name. "Hello."

            "Kevin hyung!" said the person on the other line. Dongho’s voice. When Kevin was about to press the off button, Dongho quickly interrupted. "Have Yoonie told you..."

            Kevin frowned. What did he mean? He thought. "Told me about what?" he asked in a curt tone.

            "She didn’t tell you something? She didn’t tell you that..."

            "Yaaa! Why don’t you just tell me to the point?! You're just wasting my time, you know?" Kevin said, half shouted. Suddenly, he felt anxious. Does she have something to tell me, but because I was so cold at her so she didn’t do that?

            "Ah, o-okay," Dongho answered nervously. "This afternoon, I accidentally saw Yeoyoon waiting for a bus at the bus stop. I asked her why she didn’t ask you to pick her up, but she said she didn’t wanna bother you because she thought you were going home late at night and might be so busy at the time. So, I was offering her a ride. She refused it at the first time, but after I persuaded her continuously, she finally agreed it. You know, she went to the hospital to check up her health condition. And you know what? She is pregnant, hyung!"

            "What?!" exclaimed Kevin in shocked. "She’s pregnant?!"

            "Yes! She told me when we were on our way to your house. Her face looked so happy as she said it, hyung. She said she would tell it to you as soon as possible. But, because I didn’t get any news from you about it, I decided to call you and..."

            "Dongho yah, I was so stupid..."

            "What?" asked Dongho because Kevin’s voice was very low and weak.

            "I was so stupid... I'm a stupid husband," Kevin replied. He really felt guilty at Yeoyoon. "I didn’t act nice at her. I made ​​her cry, Dongho yah... I didn’t know if she is pregnant. She ever complained about her condition a few days ago, but I never thought that it was a sign of pregnancy. Dongho yah... I make my wife and my baby stress..."

 

***

 

            Yeoyoon was asleep when Kevin entered their room. He could see the trace of the tears on her cheeks and cursed himself for making her cried and he began to cry. He caressed her and kissed her cheeks so many times until he woke her up.

            She was surprised to see Kevin cried in front of her. Yeoyoon sat on the bed and hugged him, trying to calm him down. "Why are you crying, oppa?" she asked while rubbing Kevin’s back gently.

            "Why didn’t you tell me?" Kevin asked in a husky voice. "Why didn’t you tell me that you're pregnant?"

            Yeoyoon was surprised to hear his question. How could you find it out, oppa? "I'm sorry, oppa... I'm sorry for not telling you about it..." she answered as she tightened her embrace.

            "You didn’t say that because of my cold attitude towards you, did you?" guessed Kevin, then nodded by Yeoyoon in respond. "I was wrong, Yoon ah... I know I was wrong, I'm so sorry..." he admitted. "I was jealous of you because of your closeness to Dongho. I'm sorry, Yoon ah... I’m so sorry..."

            "Oppa, come on... I forgive you," said Yeoyoon while releasing her arms and staring at Kevin deeply. "I'm fine now. If you're sad like this, you will make me sad too, oppa."

            Kevin forced himself to smile and wiped his tears. He did not want to make Yeoyoon sad again. "So, how old is our baby?" he asked while rubbing her stomach gently.

            "It’s already two months," Yeoyoon replied with a smile. "Whether male or female, I just want our baby to be born in a good condition. I will take care of it well."

            "So do I. I'll help you," promised Kevin. Then, he lowered his face to kiss her lips gently. "I will tell the people about your pregnancy tomorrow," he said as he smiled broadly at her.

            "So do I!" said Yeoyoon in cheer tone. She then pressed his lips with her fingers, teasing him. However, she was so happy they had made up to each other that night.

            Kevin chuckled, knew what should he do after that. He pressed his lips against hers again and he lay her body on the bed with him on top of hers, ready to end the night together in pleasure and happiness.

 

***

 

- The End –

How was it?

Feel free to comment or criticize it~

I hope you really like this story :D

Thanks for reading!

Subscribe and upvote will be loved :3