That First Love(Part2)

One Shot to the Heart (ON HOLD)

That First Love

 

Part 2

 

Genre: Romance

 

 

“Do you?” Kris asked again.

 

Tao looked away for second and pause his eyes for second on the blank space. “Yes.”

 

Kris’s face tensed up and quickly took a few step back. “Well. I guess fair since we both know now.” Kris pat Tao’s shoulder and walk towards the bathroom.

 

Tao nodded to himself, “Right.... fair...”

 

Just moment later, Krystal slowly walk down the stairs. She is rubbing her eyes still unable to see clear. “Tao?”

 

“Yes.” Tao ensure her.

 

“I am sorry. My eyes are still a little blurry.” Krystal smiled and unable to see Tao’s expression. The gentle boy pull her towards the table and place the plate in front of her. He started to prepare a breakfast for her.

 

“So I heard from your mother.” Krystal looked at Tao with a sly face. “Who is this special one?” Tao paused his hand and surprised by her question. “Is it someone in this house? You want me to hook you up?” Krystal wiggle one of her eyebrow.

 

Tao blushed and didn’t say a word. Krystal grab Tao’s hand and looked at him with those trusted eyes.

 

“Who is this person that you loved?” The girl’s soft lips moved. Tao stood up straight. Kris is staying outside the bathroom listening to their conversation.

 

Tao turn to look at Kris, who got nervous and crossed his arms. Kris is worry this guy will be a threat to his relationship with Krystal.Tao look back to Krystal.

 

“That person is in this room with me right now.” Tao’s eyebrows furrowed.

 

Krystal’s eyes grew wide and look at Kris. Kris is no longer looking at them. He turn his face to the side filled with frustration.

 

She clenched her jaw and Tao’s cheek. “Go for it with all your heart.”

 

Krystal’s heart clenched telling Tao to love with all his heart. After all Kris might not love him back.

 


 

 

“So you confessed to her?” Kris asked as he met Tao before going into the house.

 

“Sort of..” Tao replied shyly.

 

There is a long pause as Kris try to open the door. Tao waited quietly beside. Looking at Kris’s side face from a far is enough for him. After all, he knew his destiny.

 

“I will confess soon.” Kris said after opening the door. “It will be her choice.”

 

Tao nodded and suddenly disagreeing with Kris. “You can’t. At least not in this week.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She will reject you if you confess this week.” Tao pulls on his long sleeves.

 

“You are some kind of fortune teller or something.” Kris crossed his arm again.

 

“No, no. I am not trying to control you, but...” Tao panic.

 

Kris laughed and shuffle Tao’s hair. “Just joking. I will wait then. Let’s go in.” Kris loop his arm around Tao’s neck and walked in the house.


 

Krystal heard Kris’s voice and rushed down stair. She is about to tell him about the dancing competition. When she saw Tao and Kris walked in together, she gave Tao a wink. Tao blushed visibly.

 

Kris looked away and the smile on his face disappear. He pull himself away from these two and walked into the kitchen.

 

Krystal skip after Kris like an exciting puppy. She stare at his back with puppy eyes.

 

“What?” Kris asked without looking back.

 

“There is a dance competition. I want you and Tao to join.” Krystal smiled brightly.

 

“No. You know I never join anything like that.” Kris pick up a bag of chips from the counter and tear it open.

 

“But you might accidentally become an idol.” Krystal stick her hand into the bag of chips.

 

Kris slap her hands and she jerked quickly. “That is your dream not mines.”

 

“Blah, blah, blah.” Krystal imitated him. Tao laughed as he join the two.

 

“Tao. Will you join? We can practice together!”

 

“Sure.” Tao smiled and Krystal pat his head. Kris shoot them a look.

 

“When is the competition?”Kris asked with a frustrated voice.

 

“Next month.” Krystal said with delight.


 

The three of them prepare for the competition. During practice, Krystal always find an excuse to come home late. Leaving Tao and Kris had no choice to practice alone.

 

“She is late again. This girl. She is all excited about it in the beginning. We only have a few days left to practice.” Kris sighed while complaining.

 

Tao smiled knowing his friend’s intention.

 

“I am planning to confess after the competition, Tao.” Kris started his warm up by doing a few sit ups. Then he turn to Tao who had a shock express on his face after those words. “What do think?” Kris seats up to a stop.

 

Tao’s eyes didn’t dare to look into Kris. “Do it.” His eyebrows furrow while saying the words.

 

“I am so nervous.” A smile light up in Kris’s face.

 

Tao flap down to do push up. Water drop by drop hit the wooden floor. Tears are mysterious things, they come show you that your heart is in pain.

 


 

 

“That was amazing! Please give a round of paw for the KKT.” The MC raise his microphone to his mouth as the song of their dance ended.

 

Kris, Krystal and Tao bow to the audience and exit the stage.

 

Kris pull Krystal to a stop. “I have something to ask you.” The boy looked into her eyes. Tao turn quickly and walked away from the scene.

 

“Yea?” Krystal still trying to catch her breath.

 

Kris hesitated for a few second. Then the words slip out his lips. “I like you.”

 

Krystal startled for a second. She looked down trying to think of a word to respond. “Kris. I...” She looked up at him again. He clenched his teeth and forced a smile on his face.

 

“You don’t have to respond right now.” He held his pain and walk away from the scene.

 


 

 

“What did you say?” Tao asked Krystal ask she tell him that Kris confessed to her.

 

“Nothing.” Krystal staring at the blank wall.

 

Tao sighed and lean against the sofa. “I guess we become enemies now.”

 

“No. Tao. I am just friend with Kris, but I don’t know how to reject him. I don’t want to cause him pain. I don’t want to cause you pain too.” Krystal pinched her nose bridge and lie down horizontally on the couch.

 

“You are right now.” Tao said in a very low voice.

 

“I am sorry.” Krystal pat his head. “Tell you the truth. I won’t have any feeling for Kris after I know that you liked him.” Tao smile from his friend’s honesty.

 

“Thank you.”

 


 

 

Kris lower his head as his eardrop the two’s conversation by the main doorway. The two of them didn’t know he came back. Kris didn’t enter. He exited the door again to get himself some fresh air.

 

That first love ended before of someone else's love.

 

At least he confessed.

 

Tears run down his face without his controlled. He laughed when he felt an unstoppable drop hitting his hand.

 

This is heart breaking, yet, not at the same time. He admit to like Krystal a lot since the beginning, but now he knows all she is trying to not to hurt him. That is enough to make him happy.

 

A hand pushed a napkin to Kris. He sniffed and trace up the long arm. Tao staying right in front of him. His innocence eyes looking at him. Kris took the napkin and wipe the tears off his face.

 

“You heard us?” Tao sat down next to him. Kris nodded.

 

“I will do it properly then. “Tao stood up bravely. This is the time he had never been expecting. He thought there is a limit for his love, because he love the same gender as himself.

 

He thought he will never be able to confess his feelings.

 

“I like you. I like you. Kris.” Tao look into Kris’s eyes, who are staring back at him. “I didn’t confess, so you can like me back. I confess so is fair for you to know why Krystal rejected you. You can hate me or call me...ga..”

 

“Shut up.” Kris excalmed. There is a long silence between them. Despite to his loud scream, he didn’t seem to be angry. Kris hand the napkin back to Tao. Then he stood up again.

 

“Love has no definition. Only the person that feels love has it’s true meaning with his or her heart. Tagging yourself with a word because you like men is not acceptable.” Kris’s eyebrows furrow.

 

Kris walked passed Tao.

 

“I will not give up.” Tao turn to Kris. “ I will continue like you until the day you reject me.”

 

Kris didn’t turn around. He only said, “Do what you want.” Then he walked down the street.

 


 

~1 year later~

-sound of the TV-

 

Krystal-ish. It’s amazing to see you debut with a such catching album.

 

(Krystal’s laughter) I am surprised too.

 

So tell us how you became an idol.

 

It has always been my dream. During the dance competition with two of my bestest friend, both of them had made my dream came true. (Krystal look right at the TV screen)

 

Wow. Your company just skipped your trainee years. Image how much more talents you have.

 

“This girl. Shining like a diamond now.” Kris laughed hold a cup of coffee.

 

“I know.” Tao smile at the TV screen.

 

“Kris.” Tao called for his attention. “Do you think we should tell her?”

 

“About?” Kris raised his eyebrows.

 

“You know.” Tao pinched the blankness on Kris’s face.

 

“About what!” Krystal run in the house with a bright smile on the face.

 

“GURL!” Kris almost drop his coffee, because of Krystal’s sharp voice.

 

“I thought you are ...” Tao stood up quickly and turn to the TV, then turn back to Krystal.

 

“They pre-recorded” The girl laughed. “I haven’t been on a vacation since debut, so I asked them for a break. So what is the news.”  Krystal pulled in the suitcase and sat down across from the table Kris is sitting on.

 

Kris stood up and walked to Tao. Krystal’s eyes following them knowing what is about to happen.

 

“We are together now.” Kris crossed his arm and lean a little towards Tao. Tao smile unstoppably.

 

This is what she had expected. She knew from the beginning that Kris belongs with Tao. Her decision of stepping out their relationship as the third person is right.


That first love is a strange thing.

 


-end-