scene 1

Behind the kiss

She had been staring at her phone screen for she didn't know how long. She was contemplating whether to call or not. she wanted to hear his voice. Badly. Desperately. She needed to hear it, for the sake of her sanity, because she was sooo sure that one of these days, she was going to snap. She was sure that eventually the hell in her heart is going to break loose. She stared at the screen once more before putting it back into her bag. She was not going to make the call. Today, once again, her logic won.                                                                                                  

***

Weeks later.                

She was alone in her house. Her parents were away visiting her aunt. In front of her laid pictures of her past with him. She knew what is going to happen if she looked at them, but she did it anyway. After all, this was her only escape. It was bitter yet sweet for she knew she once was happy with him. At least, she had the memories, right?

 

******

Another week later

She was excited that day. She and her two unnies, Tae Yeon and Hyo Yeon, were attending a movie premier. The movie was her favorite kind of thing since she loves cartoon so much. So, there she was, looking pretty with her blue dress and matching heels.  Smiles pasted on her face all the time. She thought today was going to be fine. No unoccupied time where her mind would wander around. But, she guessed, she was out of luck when someone announced the arrival of the band whose songs are on her top playlist, his band. She was frozen for a moment, thinking why on earth she did not pay attention to the guest list of the event before giving her yes to the management. But then, the show must go on, so she tried to brace herself and put another smile on her face. Today was surely going to be another tiring day, she thought.

She tried not to look at his direction, eventhough she could not help it not to follow him through the corner of her eyes. It was amazing, really, she realized. How come, of hundred people attending, she still could manage to spot him here and there? Sighing, she pinched her arm scolding herself. You were here for work, Seo Joo Hyun. Let's not be stupid, okay?