Sneak Peak

Falling

{Nani P.O.V}

 

Have you ever tasted blood? Or woken up to only realize you can’t see a thing? Even though I knew I was awake I could see no light. A bitter metallic taste lingered in my mouth as I tried to make out what in the world was happening. The last thing I could remember was chasing my younger sister around the park when ashes fell from the sky. At first we thought it was snow, but when we looked closer it was grey-white. No volcanoes were around and it was indeed a winter planet so no fires could really start. I can’t remember anything else except my sister in my arms and me running for some reason. Other than that nothing rings a bell.

When I actually realized that I haven’t opened my eyes up, they flew open. Brightness engulfed my right eye as I tried to move, only to be restricted by the tight straps around my body. The room came into my sight only to confuse me further. There were no windows, just a large glass door with some type of alarm system thingy beside it. Only a small white couch, one beige coffee table, and a medium sized black box on the wall “decorated” the room. Beside my bed were heart monitors, an IV stand, and a light blue chair.

“Alien 6644 is awake.”  Female voice echoed through my room.  I snapped my head around but saw no one.

“Doctor Kim Minseok is entering.” The same voice echoed through my room once more.

The wide glass door opened side ways bringing in a blast of cold air with it. I shivered and in hailed the air realizing I was wearing an odd looking oxygen mask. For starters it looked like something you would put on a mental patient; for second it was attached to nothing but my face, and lastly it wasn’t see through.

A well built man walked in wearing a long light grey jacket holding a clip board. He looked up from his clip board and smiled at me, closing the glass door behind him. Taking the light blue chair beside my bed, he angled it before sitting in it. The mad must like smiling I see, because he keeps doing it. He cleared his throat before sighing.

“You are finally awake I see. We were getting worried that you would be in a coma for a while.” He spoke before looking over some papers.  “Oh by the way my name is Minseok. How are you feeling?” He asked and looked up at me with a more relaxed smile. Does it look like I can answer?

“Oh! I forgot to ask. Do you by chance have a mate?” He asked jumping up and flipping through pages. I gave him a creeped out stare until he met my eyes. Minseoks eyes widened and a blush faded over his cheeks.   “OH NO NOT FOR ME! I already have one ya see…. I didn’t see a necklace or a marking indicating you had one so we assumed you didn’t. I know some aliens can’t survive without them or loose their powers so I wanted to know.” He finished taking out a device from his pockets and bringing it to my face.

It was a picture of Minseok and another male. The male had very shard features and was smiling while hugging Minseok from behind. Minseok was blushing but smiling anyways. I glanced back at Minseok and saw him starring at the photo before clearing his throat and placing it back in his pocket. He glanced back at me before freaking out.

“OMO! You are probably uncomfortable aren’t you? I would be…..Oh but you can’t try to escape ok? I don’t wanna put you down because it isn’t painless.” I nodded and he smiled before un-strapping me from my bed.  I sat up slowly before stretching my weak limbs. I noticed I lost A LOT of weight and could barley stretch without wincing in pain. I pointed to my mask expecting him to take it off but he frowned and shook his head.

“That helps you breath. You aren’t used to EXOs air so we placed that on you to help you breath.” He said before glancing around the room.  “I should probably take you to Youngjae and make sure you are healthy….healthier than you were a week ago.” He said before walking to the white couch and pulling out a folded up thingy before unfolding it….oh it’s a wheel chair. Minseok walked back to me with the unfolded wheel chair and placed his clip board down on the light blue chair.

“Do you mind? I have to wheel ya around since you’re not healthy enough to walk.” He asked extending his arms. I shook my head slowly before letting him wrap his arms around my body and placing me in the chair. After I was positioned he grabbed his clip board and pushed me to the door stopping and walking in front of me pointing to a large yellow button.

“This is to let people inside ok? If I want to come in form now on all you have to do is press this and it unlocks the door. Before then my face will appear on this screen so you know it’s me. If you don’t want me to come in lock it with this button *points to red button*. But of course I can still come in if I press in the pass lock. Lastly this green button opens the door for you. I’ll explain all the rules and everything after when we get there ok?” Minseok asked before pressing a green button.

I nodded and once again was harassed by the freezing cold gush of wind. The light in my room turned off as Minseok pushed me away. All through the long hallway were other doors like mine but had different colors. There was a wide wall like door with a small window and another one of those things beside it. Minseok pressed in 5 numbers before it opened and he pushed me out. The room we were just in must be in charge of depressing theme because this room was wide and lively. A lot of people were in groups with others talking and laughing.

Ya know for not knowing where the hell I am, Im taking this all very well. The people didn’t even give me a glance as Minseok wheeled me into another room. I gulped at the sight. There was a long bed with a paper sheet covering it, sharp objects everywhere, and jars filled with objects Im not comfortable talking about.

Minseok took me out of the chair and set me on the paper covered bed. I gulped and nervously moved around. He on the other hand sat down in the chair and began to wheel himself around….very professional. A knock on the door stopped Minseok from moving around and he opened it up.

A man with fat cheeks and long blonde bangs walked in with the same coat Minseok was wearing. He kicked the door closed before sighing and walking in front of me. He was kind a fat….

“Hello Alien 6644, I see you’re awake.” He said leaning against the counter and fanning himself. Minseok snickered but was silenced by the fat mans glare. “Anyways, I am Yoo Youngjae and I’m you personal doctor. As such I have to take some blood ok?” he asked and took off his coat and fanning himself faster. Minseok groaned before getting up and pressing a button, making another blast of air engulf the room.

I gasped at the sight in front of me. Most might think I was looking at the THICK needle Youngjae had in his hand, but no. I was more focused on his swollen stomach poking out of his grey tank top.  Either this man needs to lay off the sweets or he’s pregnant. I unconsciously reached out my hand and caressed the side of his stomach, getting a laugh from Youngjae.

I snapped myself back into reality and snatched my hand back avoiding both males’ looks. It’s not my fault I was curious. The people who get pregnant get taken to a facility where they are not allowed contact by anyone beside their mates and have to stay there until after the baby is born. So I never have actually seen a pregnant person’s stomach. Even before my sister was born, they took my mother to a facility to make sure everything was ok.

“It’s ok Sweetie~ its just ma stomach.” Youngjae said before rubbing it. Minseok got up and walked over to us.

“Ok this is going to hurt but we need it to make sure your blood cells are fine.” Minseok said and took my hand into his. My eyes widened as Youngjae brought the needle closer and closed my eyes. The needle went into my skin, making me yelp in pain before it was taken out.

“There there all better. Its ok the worst is over love.” Youngjae cooed before taking the liquid filled tube and setting it down on a tray. He picked something up and walked back to us….well more like waddling to us; placing the object where the needle went into my skin. He cleaned the blood running down my arm and threw the cotton things away.

“Ok, so from what I know you don’t have powers, but others from your planet do. Also you are blind in the left eye and Have problems adapating to other enviorments, unlike others from your planet. May you explain why that is?” Youngjae asked panting and slowly sitting down, with them help of Minseok. I tried to speak but couldn’t find my voice.

“Oh….another thing Fatso, 6644 cant talk because her lungs still won’t adapt to our air.” Minseok spoke to Youngjae. Youngjae nodded wrote down a few things before whispering words into Minseoks ears, then getting up. Youngjae walked over to me and examined my breathing, reflexes, and my blood pressure.

“Well…. Surprisingly she’s getting a bit better. Her blood pressure is very good, the reflexes are a bit slow but over all she is progressing. In a few days your voice should come just try practicing. As for your eye I don’t think we can heal it.” Youngjae said before waddling out of the room with the tray. Minseok closed he door and sighed.

“Ok so I have to tell you the rules. Hopefully you’ll follow them, because if you don’t you’ll get tortu.…I mean punished.” I nodded and shifted in my seat and touched the bandage wound. “Firstly you need to know the pass code to your main unit. You know that hall your room was in? There was a door do you remember?” He asked. I nodded and sniffled.

“Ok well you are allowed to go in and out of it as long as you behave. The code is 54918. Also your meals will be served when you want but do not over load ok? All you need to do it press that pink button beside your T.V. Oh right! The television is that big black object on your wall. You can press the buttons and watch moving pictures we call shows and movies.

Also, you have a bathroom time scheduled at a certain time, so if you have to go in between times ask some one ok? Also I am your care taker until you are healthy enough to move into a family that will keep you until you find a mate. I know this is a lot to take in at the moment but please behave, I don’t want you to end up getting hurt ok?” He asked and stopped pushing me into my room. (Which I didn’t even know we entered in)

I gave a nod and he lifted me onto my couch. Minseok walked over to the T.V and grabbed something from behind it walking back to me. He sat in the light blue chair and smiled at me handing me a rectangle thingy.

“This is called a remote. It controls the T.V. Also if you press this pink button it will bring in someone to assist you ok? I have to go home now but don’t worry I’ll be back tomorrow, ok? Ok goodnight.” Minseok said before ruffling my hair and setting the remote down.

He walked to the door and smiled before he waved and left. The room instantly became darker when he left, not literally but it felt like I was all alone. I hugged my knees closer to me and looked around the room for no reason at all. I honestly am waiting for my older brother to come barging in and telling me this is all a joke, but I know that this is far from a joke….

 

 

Authors Note:

Hello! Sorry but I am giving you all a SHORT part fromt he first chapter as a sneak peak. Yes this is short I KNOW SO DONT

BEAT ME UP ok? I also apoligize on how crappy it is :(     I will try to update at least every other day since Onewjr is going AFK. BUT DO NOT FEAR! I am some-what near. Thank you ♥LulluExotic♥ for upvoting and  ♥katelynking2000 ♥ ♥helpmefixmyself  ♥desiredbe  for subscrining. Also thank you for looking at the story. Please comment, subscribe, and (not neccesary but is encouraged if story deserves it) upvote. NO SILENT READERS ALLOWED!!!! Jk but seriously I dont want you to forget the stories title if ya dont subscribe (because between us thats happened to my lazy self SOOO many times) Okaiees thank you and give me your opinions on the story ok? Do you think its boring? Not enough details? Too much details? No OTPs'? Confusing? Ok well I gotta go do my other two stories so biees!

~EatOnewsChicken~