Chapter 1

Fifteen minutes

Fifteen minutes and a be right back. Kyungsoo said as he leaned in to give Baekhyun a peck on his forehead only to have Baekhyun grabbing him by the neck to pull him down for a deep long kiss. It lasted for a few minutes, hands caressing each other softly, tongues against each other affectionately, its moments like this that Baekhyun love the most. There was no hint for , no yearning for the sinful pleasure. There was only contentment of being in each other’s arms, eyes fluttering open for a few seconds just to catch the splitting smile on their faces when they break off to catch some air before closing it and latch their mouths back onto each other.

 

 

It was kyungsoo who broke away first. Gotta get us something to eat, can’t be kissing each other for the whole day, he breathed it out to Baekhyun who was holding his face in between his hands, quite reluctant to let go of him. Baekhyun pinch both Kyungsoo’s cheeks playfully before nodding lightly. Kyungsoo grabbed his car keys, a keychain hanging off with a miniature picture of him and Baekhyun sitting by the lake, they were in their sophomore year when this was taken.  Grabbing his coat, Kyungsoo opened the door to welcome the chilly air in his face. He buttoned his coat right up to his chin before tucking both his hands into his pocket and jogged slowly to his car.

 

 

*

 

 

With the thick blanket pulled up to his chest, Baekhyun turned over to grab for his phone, sending a 경슈야…. 빨리 돌아와 <3 he knows Kyungsoo just left home and would be back in record time because they still have to continue a lot of smooches and cuddles that was left off at a hanging note. Baekhyun put on his sweaters and pants, shuddering slightly at the temperature that was cold against his skin. Scurrying towards the heater, he turned it up a few degrees higher, hoping to get the house a bit warmer before Kyungsoo comes back with their breakfast. He then walked into the kitchen to prepare their morning coffee, well to be more exact coffee and tea. Kyungsoo was never one to like coffee, spluttering at the bitter taste when Baekhyun once tried to force it down his throat, face cringing together like a frog.

 

 

*

 

 

Kyungsoo parked his car right in the yellow box right in front of the bakery. He was rather please with himself for being able to find such a good spot because there weren’t many cars out there due to the rather bad weather. Kyungsoo rushed into the shop, bells ringing when he pushed the door open to welcome the comforting warmth and the soft aroma of freshly baked buns. He began picking a few, mind spinning as fast as a hamster running on a wheel, which were Baekhyun’s favorite. He stood in line, waiting for his turn to pay and took out his phone. His lips split into a big smile when he saw Baekhyun’s message, reading it in Baekhyun’s cute high pitch tone whenever he calls Kyungsoo “Kyungsyuuu ah~~~”  Kyungsoo was elated and was quite eager to get back home to snuggle with Baekhyun. he rushed out of the shop only to have himself nearly slipping against the slippery floors. The sun was up. The thick layers of white lying on the frozen ground began to melt slowly. Need to get the snow chain up, Kyungsoo kept himself noted before getting into the car.

 

 

 

 He drove slowly down the streets before coming to a stop at the traffic lights. Kyungsoo watched the timer on it counting down slowly, 60…59…58… the seconds ticking by slowly as Kyungsoo tapped his fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. He glanced around the junction and spotted a nice cosy café. Maybe I should bring Baekhyun here later, if we don’t get too caught up with each other. Smirking to himself lightly Kyungsoo looked up to the timer again 30…29….28…. the red LED lights seem less glaring against the sun that was rising up. It wasn’t until the timer hit 10 when Kyungsoo noticed something from his rearview mirror. It was moving fast, something huge was moving at a high velocity and it didn’t look like it could make it for the red light. 9……. Horns were blaring loud as Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in realization of what was coming behind him. 8…… it was a huge truck and Kyungsoo could even make out the driver waving his hands madly, hoping desperately that the driver in front could move away in time. 7…6…..Kyungsoo looked in front, hands shaking as he moved it towards the gear and shifted it into gear 1, feet shuffling from the brake paddle to the acceleration paddle. 5…….4……..3…… Kyungsoo doesn’t know which was faster, the timer or the truck. Everything happened too fast, his feet lifting off the clutch paddle a split second too early and Kyungsoo heard the car groaned before the engine died out. 2….1…… the light turned green but Kyungsoo wasn’t fast enough to restart the engine, he wasn’t fast enough to slip off death’s grip. It all happened in a blink of an eye. The sickening crunch of metal, the impact huge enough to hurl Kyungsoo out of the driver seat, body shattering the mirror into million pieces and a sickening crack of his skull as he landed hard on the tar road. Tyres screeching to a halt, faint footsteps, distant screaming, everything was making Kyungsoo’s head spinned.

 

 

I want Baekhyun.

 

 

Tell Baekhyun Im sorry.

 

 

He screamed out but no one heard him, and then he realized all the screaming happened in his head so he tried to open his mouth slightly to make a noise, to make people realized that he’s still alive. But no sound came out. Kyungsoo only managed to splutter out more blood. The last time he remembered spluttering liquid out of his mouth was the bitter coffee that Baekhyun shoved into his mouth. He lied still in the puddle of his own blood. His vision was clouding as time ticked, his heart beating slowly and weakly against his ruptured ribs, it hurts to breathe in deeply but he knew that he needed to keep the oxygen coming in to stay alive, because Baekhyun was still waiting for him at home.

 

 

 

Deep in his pocket his phone rang. His fingers tingled, trying to reach out for it. He needs to tell Baekhyun to stop waiting for him he needs to say his sorrys. Kyungsoo’s eyes were getting heavier and heavier, his breath raspier and raspier and he tried to take in huge gulps of oxygen but everything stopped when the cardiac muscle came to a halt, the phone gave out the last ring like Kyungsoo letting out his last breath before flashing a one missed call on the screen and then the screen darkens.

 

 

*

 

 

On the other side of the line, Baekhyun drummed his fingers against the table, words hanging on the tip on his tongue. He stood up to put 2 teaspoons of sugar and another teaspoon of creamer into Kyungsoo’s tea. He knows the man likes it sweet but Baekhyun likes it better when he gets to taste it off Kyungsoo’s tongue. He smiled to himself as he curled back onto the couch, waiting for Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo yah, hurry up, your tea is getting cold.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: this was written for the baekhyun to my kyungsoo <3 thanks for not being sick of me yet ^^ and also sorry for not updating any of the fics, if anyone ever read, so instead of completing fics i just managed to open up more new stories in my head, great. but i still hope u all will like this, comments are much appreciated! <3

 

also, you can find me here