|||

Loathing In First Sight

 

 

 

Looking at our wedding pictures always make me giggle. I recall the young woman that my younger sister brought home to dinner one night well over 8 years ago. It was not one call love at first sight. It was more like loathing at first sight.

 

 

 

 

 

The first time I had met her was a few weeks earlier. It all began with a phone call to my high school principal’s office. I was a senior in high school at the time. I worked after school at a local restaurant as part of our, work-credit program.

 

This particular day, I was not scheduled to work, But Mrs. K (the owner) had called me and left a message with the office that I would have to take another waitress’s place. Mrs. K was not the nicest person in the world to work for to say at the least.

 

She never asked if I was available-she just said in her message to, “be there at 4PM” Since not showing up would affect my grades for graduation, there was no way I could wiggle out of unplanned shift.

 

My mother quite was quite the taskmaster herself, and I found myself caught in a bit pickle. My mother expected me to be home immediately after school to start dinner for our family. I tried to call my mom at her workplace to tell her of the change in plans but was unable to reach her.

 

There was no way my mom would just let it slide if she did not know of the change in my work schedule. I could count on being grounded, no matter how good the excuse was, if I did not get my message through her.

 

Mrs. K never allowed employees to use the phone while on duty and I knew she would not budge on her rules, even though she was the one who had created the situation. I had to stop for a gas so I decided to call my mother again from the gas station. My dad had an account at the local gas station, where I could sign for gas, and Sid (the owner) would bill my dad later.

 

I was surprised to see a total stranger running the gas station instead of Sid, the young woman was quite a flirt and took her time in doing the works.

 

“Hello beautiful, what can I help you?” the tanned girl with toned body appeared at the counter with a weird smiled; which I called ‘charming smile’ after being with her for 5 years already.

 

I tried my best to get her to just put the gas in the tank, and forget about all the usual routine (washing the windshield, checking the oil, etc.) but she kept on trying to impress me. I tried to be polite, but flirting with a strange girl was the last thing on my mind. She was seriously threatening my job and my following big date for the prom in my senior year if I get grounded.

 

I finally told her with a cold expression I could muster in my panic self, “Look here miss, I am in big hurry. If I have to get to work. Now please put the gas on my dad’s credit line in the computer.”

 

The day can’t get worst, my phone was out of minute so, I reluctantly asked her to lend me some dime to use the payphone for calling my mom. Good grief of that weird girl! Now she lectured me about taking money from stranger and other nonsense. By that time I was furious and stomped out hurrying to get to work, and decided to try and talk with Mrs. K for borrowing me her phone. Just like I guess, she won’t give me a hand, she also walked away before I can build up my word.

 

Not only that, she also said I had to stay late and do clean-up duty to boot. By the time I got home it was already midnight my mom was fit to be tied and as I feared, I was grounded. Damn that stranger! She just successfully ruined my life! I hope I never would lay my eyes on her ever AGAIN!

 

As luck would have it, a few weeks later, my mom called me at school and asked me to pick up an extra pound of hamburger as we were having a guest for dinner. Sounded normal to me, so I was totally unprepared that evening when my younger sister; Krystal walked in the door with her new friend; Kwon Yuri that she met at the park few days back when she fell down and this kind Kwon Yuri came to rescue and brought her to hospital and bring her home safely. I just waved off the overall story since I was fed-up with the previous stranger. Oh, I forgot something…The previous stranger I mentioned was actually that kind Kwon Yuri my younger sister adored too much.

 

I wanted to hide in the kitchen as I was still angry with her, but manners precluded my doing so. More to my mom dragged me out from kitchen and forced me to eat with them. Worst, I sat opposite with the annoying girl. She just gave me a witty smiled make me rolled my eyes.

 

By the time meal over, Kwon Yuri apologized for all the trouble she had cause me and from that day, she became a regular visitor in our home. For the first month, I ignored her appearance. But after she offered herself to become my date for my senior-year prom that I planned to go with my ex-boyfriend, we became closer.

 

“I’m sorry for becoming an annoying person to you for the first time, I just want to show you my good sides, since I attracted to you for the first time, Sica.”

 

“I love you, Sica.”

 

“Will you be mine?”

 

“I really love you my Sicababy, ardently.”

 

“I do.”

 

“Thank you for being with me until here. I can’t imagined of you are not here with me, my love.”

 

From there are loathing at first sight become a love story which resulted very happy four years of marriage and two beautiful children. Obviously I decided she wasn’t so bad after all. My Kwon Seobang.

 

 

 

 

*awkwardawkwardawkward*

*hide behind books again*

Enjoy!

-Endaiyy