Baby Don't Cry

EXO Song-title One shots

Baby don’t Cry

Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon
So baby don’t cry… cry…

Nae sarangi neol jikil teni

 

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry… cry…

My love will protect you

 


Japan- Year 2000


            The Sakura petal floated in the air and flew along with the wind, landing squarely on his open palms. Pink… White… he poked softly at the small flower. Pink… White… Soft and smooth. Wah, Jinjja yeppuda… Feeling something landing on his neck, he glanced up over his head. To his amazement, a big Sakura tree towering over him, his mouth was agape and his eyes sparkled. Another gust if wind came again, sending even more Sakura flowers to fall from the swaying branches. He jumped around, attempting to catch every single falling flower.

            “Sehun-ah! Come back in! It’s cold out there!”

            “Neh, Halmeoni. Give me a minute!” he replied, while excitedly hopping over the flowers that had landed on the floor. A huge smile formed on his face as he squatted on the ground, picking up the flowers, once again commenting about how beautiful he thought the flowers were.

            “Sehun, be careful of the road! Look out for the cars!”

            “Neh, I’m coming!”

            “It’s ok! Wait there! Halmeoni is coming for you!”

            “Neh! Araso!” Sehun replied half heartedly as he busied himself picking up of the flowers.

            Halmeoni and Eomma and Appa will love these! He grinned. He cupped them in his hands and ran to the side of the road, elated. His halmeoni caught his sight, smiling and waving to him from across the road.

            “Halmeoni! Look what I got for all of you!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. “I’m coming over to you!” With that, he excitedly dashed across the road.

            “SEHUN! WAIT! NO! STOP! DON’T!”

            He made it to the middle of the road. But upon hearing the blaring of horns and the light getting brighter and brighter, he turned to his left. A white car. A frantic and panic-striken driver.

            He seemed to be frozen to the ground. He urged for his legs to move, for him to do something. But they did not seem to budge. Feeling giddy, he could feel his feet unstable beneath him, like they could fail and buckle under him any time. Just then, he felt a strong, forceful push against his stomach. What?

            Before he knew it, he landed on the floor metres away. And a split second later, a loud CRASH could be heard, then followed by a shrill shriek. He staggered as he struggled up. Even so, the flowers were still in his palms, safely guarded by his tender hands.

            Blood. Crimson blood was splattered over the road. The dented car, with headlights crooked and spoilt. And there lay in the middle of the road… his halmeoni, with blood smeared over her face. Her arm seemed to be twisted to an irregular angle. Even so, her eyes seemed soft in concern and love.

            Confusion shrouded his mind, but realization soon hit him like a hammer. His mouth was agape but no sound came out. His hands fell down to his hips, like he lost all his energy. His fingers loosened. The Sakura flowers fell out of his hands, one by one, floating in the air once again and fell lightly on the cold hard road. Tears welled up in his eyes. His legs shook so much they buckled beneath him.

            With all the energy he could muster, he crawled on the ground, towards his grandmother, until he was finally by her side.

            “Se-sehun ah…” he heard a soft whisper. Sehun nodded his head in reply, tears falling from his eyes as he gazed at his grandmother’s once pale fair skin, now stained with blood.

            “Baby… don’t cry…” Her voice trailed off at the end, as she felt her life slowly being taken away from her. Finally, her eyes closed. Forever and ever.       

            “Hal-halmeoni…” was all he managed to croak, before his head landed on the floor beside his grandmother.

 


Seoul- Now


            “OH SEHUN! WAKE UP!” a shrill voice echoed in the classroom. In surprise, Sehun jumped up from his seat, to see his teacher glaring at him.

            “Do pay attention during lessons. Unless you want to fail math,” she continued.

            But I don’t really care actually. Sehun thought to himself, giving a mental roll of his eyes. However, he gave a sheepish smile and replied respectfully instead, “Neh! Mianheyo Seonsaeng-nim. I will stay awake next time!”

            Giving out a loud sigh, his teacher shook her head in helplessness. That was certainly not the first time Sehun had promised that. But no matter what, he always seemed to fall asleep during school hours, no matter which teacher it was.

            Sehun on the other hand, sat down on his seat, and looked at what his teacher had written on the whiteboard, before pretending to be busy copying notes. When his teacher was not looking, he turned his head to the back of the classroom, to see Minah shaking her head at him, and mouthed the words, “ Tsk tsk tsk”, while wagging her finger at him. He gave her his most dazzling smile and tried mouthing some words back, but Minah suddenly shook her head more and started gesturing wildly to him.

            Just then, he felt a sharp painful twist at his ear.

            “Ah Ah Ah….” Sehun called out in pain, his face cringing up. He felt a pull at his ear, and soon he was being dragged out of the classroom.

            “Ahhhh, seongsaeng-nim! Mianhe! I’ll pay attention! I’ll pay attention!”

            “No! You brat, always making empty promises!”

            “No, Seongsaengnim! This time it’s real. I will…”

            “Haha, if you continue to argue back, don’t blame me if I do something even worse to you!”

            “Oh My God, seonsaengnim, did you just say that? What will you do to me? That sounds erted!”

            “AISH OH SEHUN! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? JUNG MINAH, GET YOUR OUT OF THE CLASS TOO.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

            Sehun and Minah both squatted outside the classroom, with their hands over their heads.

            “Ya! Sehun, were you asking for trouble just now?” Minah asked, pursing her lips. “And not I’m pulled into this stupid matter, doing this punishment together with you.”

            Sehun smirked and sleekly replied, “Nah, I’m only for you, Minah. And as long as I’m with you, I’m happy. You too right?”

            “And what if I say I want to break up with you?” Minah replied with a glint in her eyes.

             “Ya! If you do that... if you do that… I will… will” Sehun jumped up in alarm, raising his voice unconsciously.

            “OH SEHUN! KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!” his teacher shouted out from inside the classroom.

            Minah could not help but giggle, showing her beautiful eye smile. “You can’t do anything to me, right!” she pointed at Sehun’s face and said childishly.

            There was a long pause from Sehun. “I can’t imagine life without you, Minah.” Sehun finally said, gazing back at her, his eyes suddenly hard and serious, “You can never leave me.”  He raised his hand and placed them on her soft cheeks, causing her to blush uncontrollably.

            “What are you guys doing? Flirting with one another?? AYYYYYY at least choose a better place and time to do this.” They heard a voice behind them. Shocked, they turned back, alarmed to see their teacher looking at them with a smug look on her face.

            “These 2 love birds…” she cooed. Immediately, Sehun drew his hand back from Minah’s cheeks. Both of them feeling their cheeks turn hot. With that, the whole class burst into laughter, while Sehun scratched his head and Minah stared at the ground, but a smile could not help but form on her face

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               

            “Chotoh-matte kudasai*, Minah-chan!” Sehun called out to Minah, when she saw her dragging her feet, heading towards home. Minah spun back and her face instantly lit up upon seeing Sehun running towards her.

            “Sehun? Your Hip hop dance training ended already?” she asked, looking puzzled, “Don’t you have your competition coming up in a week’s time?”

            “Aniyo…” was all Sehun replied, with a mischievous smile.

             “Hey, dude. Speak up. Did you leave early? You know your future depends on this competition. The SM person scouted you for your good looks on the streets. You need to win this to prove your talent. Didn’t you say you want to be...” Minah chided Sehun, but before she could finish her sentence, Sehun put his hand over , muffling her voice.

            “It’s dangerous to go home late at night. Protecting you is more important than anything else…” Sehun said with his y, silky voice, before giving Minah a small peck on her cheek. She blushed so much she swore her cheeks felt like it was burning, it was like a natural reaction for her though. She had never gotten used to such skinship and closeness from someone of a different gender. Seeing Minah’s embarrassed, Sehun chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Let’s go.” Then, he held her hand and walked with her home.

            “Hey Minah, don’t you have anything to ask me? Or anything to say to me?” Sehun asked, determined to break the silence between them.

            “Well…” Minah pondered. I need to say something. If not Sehun may think that that small kiss is bothering me. “You said something in Japanese just now. How did you know Japanese?”

            Upon hearing that, Sehun’s face darkened. He felt himself tensing up at the question. He stayed silent for a moment, keeping his gaze to the ground.

            “Yeah Sehun? Are you okay?” Minah bent over and met Sehun’s eyes, concern evident in her eyes.

            Instantly, Sehun snapped out of her thoughts. “Err… Yeah. Minah. Just thinking about stuff.”

            “Hmm, then can you answer my question? Or if you are feeling uncomfortable, I don’t mind if you don’t tell me too.” Minah reassured Sehun, showing him her charming eye smile. Seeing that, Sehun felt himself loosening up and his gaze softening.

            “I… lived in Japan when I was young. Till… I was 6.” Sehun slowly replied.

            “Mmhmm, and then? Why did you decide to come to Korea after 6 years of living there?”

            And then memories flooded back. Car. Red. Blood. Darkness. Even though everything happened more than 10 years ago, the memories and scenes were as vivid as ever. The loud bang. The Sakura flowers. Every single detail… Everything came back to him at once. Tears welled up in his eyes, and his teeth gritted uncontrollably. The memories had not faded after all. Even with years and years of counseling and talks to help him reduce the pain, forget the pain. It was entirely my fault. Years ago… Halmeoni… His thoughts came to him all scrambled and messed up. His heart ached so much; he placed his palm at his chest. Shaking badly, his breath quickened, and he felt himself falling to the ground, onto his knees.

            “SEHUN! Are you alright? Sehun!!” Minah cried out in shock. She bent down and helped him up.

            “STOP MINAH. PLEASE.” Sehun shouted out at the top of his voice.

            “Wha… What?” Minah’s eyes became wide, “Are…”

            But even before she could continue to say something, Sehun shouted out in grief and agony, “It was all my fault. MY FAULT. IF ONLY… if only I had listened to Halmeoni and go back home immediately. If only I had looked out for cars before dashing across the road. If only…” Before Sehun could complete his sentence, Minah closed her eyes, ran forward to Sehun and embraced him with a warm, tight hug.

             “Shh, Sehun. Shh… Nothing was your fault. Tell me what happened when you come to my house.” Minah whispered, her voice calm and reassuring.

            Sehun nodded his head and stood up again, with Minah hugging him all the way until they reached her house.

            Soon, the whole story was told to Minah and she listened attentively with understanding. That was why Sehun loved Minah. Everything, anything could be told to her. She would not reveal secrets others told her to anyone else. She was trustworthy and most importantly, she was a comfortable person to speak to. She was like an angel. Being with her, it seemed to have a calming effect. No doubt, he admitted that he felt a whole lot better after telling his untold story to someone. Someone he loves.

            “It’s kind of late and your parents may be home soon. It probably won’t leave a good impression on your parents if they were to see some stranger in their daughter’s room.  What’s more, someone of a different gender,” Sehun chuckled as he said, emphasing in the word “gender” Then, he picked up his bag, and headed towards the door, not forgetting a goodbye wink.

            “Take care!” Minah smiled as she led him to the door, “ Sleep early tonight!”

            “I will. You too, annyeong!”

            “Neh~ See you tomorrow!”

            After hearing the door shut behind her, Minah sat by her desk and pulled a piece of writing paper and pen out from her bag. Sehun… I know you are trying to look cheerful. Beneath that forced smile, your heart is aching. No matter what mask you use to conceal your face… I know…

 

~

To my beloved: Oh Sehun

            Hey, I’m just a phone call away. I will always be here with you, no matter physically or mentally. I will always be by your side.

            So baby don’t cry... Who says it must always be the guy protecting the girl? But you are not to shed a single tear in front of me again. Never again. Let my love protect you. Nae sarangi neol jikil teni. 

Saranghae,

Minah

~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Sehun stood in the middle of the classroom, with his potable music player sitting on the teacher’s desk, music blasting out from it and reverberating in the classroom. Full of confidence, he danced along to the music. Beads of perspiration formed on his forehead as he danced with all his might.

            “Wahhhhh Sehun. You are so handsome!”

            “So cool!!! Omo”

            “If only I can have a boyfriend like you!”

            Sehun smirked and gave out an embarrassed smile. Even so, he got more into the music and his dancing got more and more intense, earning praises and swoons from the other girls in the class.

            “Sehun, let’s go home together now.” Minah raised her voice, in attempt to let Sehun hear her on top of the blasting music. However, Sehun still seemed to be unable to hear her. Argh that jerk. Never mind, I can go home by myself, why do I even need to rely him. With that, Minah turned away and walked out of the classroom and headed towards home herself.

            1-2-3-4 2-2-3-4 Sehun counted mentally in his head as he swayed along to the sweet melody. Seconds later, the song ended and Sehun also ended the dance perfectly with a y spin. Sure enough, there was an explosion of claps and cheers coming from his classmates. They were certainly impressed with his great improvement, such that his every move was as graceful and smooth as a swan.

            “All that is thanks to Minah of course! All that moral support and motivation, it sure helped me to make such great improvements!” Sehun exclaimed, chuckling as he recalled Minah’s cute nagging at him to practise his dance.

            Oh MINAH! Sehun suddenly snapped back to reality. Quickly, he scanned the classroom. Nope, not here. She’s probably headed home herself. Aishhh. he scolded himself mentally for not paying Minah much attention and being too engrossed in the music.

            Swiftly, he grabbed his portable music player from the table in a hand and stuffed it into his bag. Luckily there were not many lessons that day, or there would not even be anymore spare space in his bag. On usual days, you can imagine Sehun’s backpack totally filled and literally overflowing with schoolbooks. 

            Without further ado, he rushed out of the school, thinking of catching up with Minah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Well it’s a good thing that Sehun is so focused. He gives out a cool aura whenever he dances! Minah could not help but smile to herself as she thought. Just then, she recalled of the small letter she wrote the night before. She took the letter, nicely sealed in an envelope, carefully out of her bag. Giving it a small kiss, she gave out a soft sigh.

            It had only been a year since Sehun and her met. It was all coincidental. Her tripping on the bus, and Sehun caught her before she could fall smack on her face. Her making a fool of herself in the cafeteria and Sehun appeared out of nowhere and helped her get out of her embarrassing situation. Sehun forgetting to bring his calculator for his Mathematics examinations and she lending it to him. All these small happenings dating back to about a year ago. Many would probably think they are insignificant. But perhaps Sehun and her meeting each other, it was their destiny. They  were meant for each other.

            I should put this at Sehun’s doorstep. He would see it and I probably won’t have the guts to pass this letter straight to him! Minah thought. She was about to cross the road when the lights at the crossing turned green. Cheerfully, she held the letter in her hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Finally, caught up with her! She’s just right ahead! Sehun grinned, picking up speed.

            “HONK HONK HONK!!!!” A loud blaring of horns and screeching of tires reverberated through the air. Sehun’s eyes grew wide in horror. Years ago… In Japan… It was the same… His mouth fell to the ground as he witnessed the accident in front of him.

            A white car again.

            A frantic and panic-striken driver.

            The jamming of the breaks.

            Everything seemed so real and unreal at the same time. Are these all perhaps a dream?

            But the loud sound upon collision shook him back to Earth. The blood smeared on the ground. Everything happened so quickly, and soon, it all ended. He watched in disbelief as he saw Minah lying motionless on the floor. The car driver seemed to have all the colour drained from his face. Blood splatter on his car, at its front bumper. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Minah lay on the floor, her whole body numbed with pain. She felt like she could pass out any time… Until Sehun caught her eyes. She was pretty sure their eyes locked. Oh Sehun… She breathed softly. She signaled with her eyes to the envelope on the floor, metres away from her.

            Sehun seemed like his soul had flown away. Stumbling towards her unevenly, she could tell that his legs were wobbling very badly. Sehun picked the letter up with trembling fingers, his eyes looked watery.

            Shaking, he opened the envelope and read through the letter. Even though it was short and simple, he had a hard time digesting and taking in everything that she had written. He felt a soft touch on his hand. Immediately, he looked down at Minah.

            “Min.. Minah. You must hand on you hear me? YOU STAY HERE YOU GET IT?! Don’t close those eyes of yours. HANG ON HANG ON!!!!” Sehun shouted out to her at the top of his lungs.

            Baby. Don’t. Cry. It was all Minah mouthed. Before she shut her eyes.

            “MINAH DON’T DON’T! STAY WITH ME. DON’T LEAVE ME” Sehun panicked, shaking Minah with his arms.

But you are not to shed a single tear in front of me again. Never again. Let my love protect you. Nae sarangi neol jikil teni. 

            Seeing Minah’s whole body relaxing, he knew what was happening. Falling to the ground in defeat, he held back his tears violently. The very last moment with Minah. I’m not going to shed any tears in front of her.  Her last wish…

            Maybe we are not destined to get together after all. Perhaps car accidents have a grudge with me… Let’s get together then… in our next life.

 

            Sehun closed his eyes and gave Minah 1 last kiss on her cheek.

            Goodbye.


Hey guys! :) Hope you enjoyed "Baby Don't Cry"! Pls comment your thoughts or feedback below! :) Thank you!

So sorry for wrting something so sad >.< I feel so sad for Sehun in here too as I write. I'm so sorry!! ;___; But hope you liked reading it. hehe. 

If you stayed with me and read the whole fanfic, KAMSAHAMNIDA! :D

~Camgyu  ^_^        

 

 

Btw, here's a cute SeKai gif I thought should share with you guys haha! xD 

(Tbh, I don't really ship any members tgt :P But I just thought they are pretty funny/cute tgt. Haha! :))

BYE! :)