Needing Each Other

All They Needed Was Each Other

And so Kang Daesung just wrapped up his Japanese Activities and he is back in Korea for a much needed rest before starting on new projects. 

For two months, he distracted himself with activities in Japan and is excited for the upcoming Bigbang World Tour. The reason? He needed to distract himself.

 

Its been more than a year since the car accident that almost destroyed him. For he was never the same. 

Even though he was slowly returning to the same jovial and smiling angel, it is safe to say that he was still struggling. When he is alone, he still cries at night. He still have anxieties and worries. And even more so, he still have to contend with it everyday. It was very difficult for him to forget even though he received so much support from his loved ones and his fans. 

 

And this fact is affecting Bigbang as a whole. The once 'mood maker' of the team was now its biggest burden.

 

When he arrived at the dorm, Daesung saw Youngbae a.k.a. Taeyang lying on the couch listening to his Iphone's Music Player. He didn't bother disturbing him as he went to his room. Before he could it though, Youngbae has noticed him.

 

"Daesung-ah, you finally came home!" Youngbae stood up and gave Daesung a hug

 

"Hello Youngbae hyung. How's your album coming along?" Daesung was forcing a smile.

 

"It's fine. There is still some finishing touches on it. So, how's Michiko?"

 

Daesung sigh "Hyung, I broke up with her three weeks ago"

 

"What?! How?! Why?!" 

 

"It was inevitable I guess. We started drifting apart that's all"

 

"Aigoo Daesung-ah, this is the third girl in just two months"

 

Daesung just bowed his head. Usually he'll be saying any random excuses or just shrug it with a joke. But not today. 

 

Nor any day since his accident.

 

"I guess, she expected more from me than I expected more from her. We just don't click." 

 

"Then I guess, its onto the next girl, eh?" Youngbae beams a childish smile.

 

"Anni, hyung. No more relationships until I sort myself out."

 

"But Daesung-ah, you need someone in your life now. In fact, more than ever, you need to get out of that dark shell of yours. Get a girl, man. Look at me, I was just like you back then. I too have fallen into depression once but I met this wonderful girl and...."

 

"Aissh, hyung let's just stop here alright?!!" Daesung interrupted with a lash to his hyung. "Just because you have a grilfriend, don't think you're better than me!".

 

Youngbae was suddenly quiet. Daesung never once treated his hyung like that. 

 

This is getting serious. Youngbae thought.

 

"I'm sorry hyung." Daesung suddenly was quick to apologize,

 

"Its alright. I shouldn't have been pushy. I'm sorry as well." 

 

"I guess I'm still not ready to have a relationship. I guess I just draw the line here, eh?"  

 

Daesung just quietly went into his room without saying another word afterwards.

 

Youngbae just stared at him. He saw that Daesung needed help as he is again on the verge of depression once more. He took his phone out and pressed speed dial number two. 

 

Youngbae is calling someone.

 

***

 

At the same time at SNSD's dormitory, Sunny just got back home from her work schedule. Expecting to come home to an empty dorm, she noticed that Yuri is sitting at the living room couch, watching TV. She silently was on her way to her room as she was not in a good mood to talk to her. 

 

Nor to anyone for that matter.

 

The reason? Sunny has been down lately. Ever since some of her fellow members have successful romantic relationships, she was pressured to pursue one as well. Being the cheery and fun-loving (and not to mention cute member) of SNSD, she can't understand why she could not get a boyfriend. Even though there a lot of male idols who have befriended her, she was quickly unfavored due to the fact that there are more desirable members of her group. 

This made her feel so bad that she is on the verge of depression. And it is rubbing in on the other SNSD members. The supposed "energy pill" of the group always frowns and ponders in loneliness and its affecting SNSD's work.

 

Ignoring Yuri, Sunny reached her room. However, someone was creeping up behind her.

 

"YAH, LEE SOONKYU!!"

 

"EEEEKKKKKKK!!!!" Sunny yelped a loud scream before turning around to give a scowling face. "Yah Yuri-ah!" 

 

"Aigooo, Sunny-ah, you should see your surprised face!" Yuri was laughing hysterically.

 

"Yeah, well what do you want Kwon Yuri?!" Sunny has been hating on a now very playful Yuri ever since he hooked up with Bigbang's Taeyang.

 

"Aww, I'm sorry." Yuri pouted cutely and hugged Sunny. She then asked Sunny to come sit with her in the living room couch. 

 

"Sunny-ah, are you alright? What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing." Sunny sadly replied. "Still lonely I guess."

 

"But I thought you should be happy right now? You know, after that set-up we made for you and Chansung-ssi?"

 

"Oh sure, I guess you set-up the wrong SNSD member." Sunny scoffed. "All night all he only talk about was Yoona. How pretty she is. How tall she is, how beautiful her smile is, blah, blah, blah."

 

"Mwuh? But I thought you guys would click for sure?" Yuri was puzzled by this revelation. "You said you wanted a manly men. We gave you a a manly man."

 

"I don't know." Sunny sigh. "I guess I'm not the girlfriend type for these manly men."

 

"Aissh, you're definitely the girlfriend type, Lee Soonkyu. You are pretty and cute rolled into one. You are dependable, witty and funny. Any man would want to have you." 

 

Yuri then continued. "If only you just lowered your standards on guys, you wouldn't be having these problems."

 

"My standards are lower than you think Yuri."

 

"Oh sure like 2PM's Taecyeon and Nickhun?" Yuri is being sarcastic. "Real low standards, for sure."

 

"You're not helping here Yuri!" Sunny gave an annoyed scowl.

 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." Yuri hugged her again

 

Soon, Yuri and Sunny saw a music video on TV and it was Bigbang's Fantastic Baby. Yuri and Sunny's faces suddenly became bright and cheerful.

 

"You know, I still have a crush on him." Sunny stared intenly on the TV screen.

 

"You mean, you still have a crush on Bigbang's Daesung?"

 

Sunny nodded. 

 

If only I have someone like him. Sunny thought as she continues.

 

"He may not be handsome as oppose to the other male idols out there but he definitely has charms that even I find attractive." Sunny said dreamily. 

"In fact, a lot of girl idols mentioned that he was their ideal type.  There is After School's Uee, Kara's Kang Jiyoung and Goo Hara, T-ara's Hyomin, Brown Eyed Girl's Miryo-unnie. Even our members Yoona and Sooyoung like Daesung." Sunny then gave a heavy sigh. "I guess the competition is a rather leggy-one. He can easily fall in love with any of them."

 

"Aissh, don't be ridiculous." Yuri replied. "Except for our members, I can tell that they only like him because they can't say who they really like on TV. We like him because he is genuinely charming. My boyfriend was quite jealous when he found out that we like him."

 

"Hey, Yuri-ah stop mentioning your 'boyfriend!'" the last statement agitated Sunny and made her feel worst. 

 

"You know what, who am I kidding!" Sunny suddenly stood-up "I'm going down in history as the only SNSD member without a boyfriend! I'm going to my room!"

 

"Sunny-ah, wait....." Yuri was about to give chase when Sunny just stormed her way to her room. After slamming it shut, she locked the door and silence now engulfs the living room of SNSD.

 

This won't do, Yuri thought. 

 

Suddenly, she received a call on her phone....

 

***

Two days later.

 

Sunny was still very angry. 

 

Off all the things that she would do, why agree to tag along on Yuri's date with Bigbang's Taeyang. She was already depressed by the fact that she doesn't have a boyfriend of her own and was now acting as a third wheel on their date. Yuri's playful insistance forced her to come and was promised that it will be among friends.

 

Their meeting place was a coffee shop about a bit far from their dorm. After being dropped by their manager, she soon finds her way to the coffee shop.

 

The coffee shop is very private. There are not a lot of people and it catered more patrons like her who wanted to be away from prying eyes. Plus, it was a bit expensive compared to the other regular coffee.

 

Sunny arrived a bit late. She wanted to irritate Yuri because she knows the black pearl beauty hated people it. But when she went inside the coffee shop, there was nobody there. It was deserted actually.

 

Save for a lone figure sitting at the far end of the shop. 

 

Sunny was surprised at whom she saw. It was Bigbang's Daesung. He was sitting there, dressed in casual shirt and jeans, topped by a leather jacket, looking plain but fashionable as befitting a Bigbang member.

 

And this made Sunny's heart pound. She always had a crush on him ever since Bigbang debuted. She first fancied other Bigbang members like TOP and G-Dragon, but her heart melted at Daesung's angelic and husky singing voice. Since then she became a fan.

 

Perhaps he might be one of the friends that Yuri was talking about. Sunny thought as she debated to stay or leave. But as a courtesy, she decided to greet him.

 

"Anneyeong haseyo, Daesung-ssi" Sunny bowed.

 

"Oh, anneyeong haseyo, Sunny-ssi." Daesung bowed back.

 

Daesung was surprised to see the cute and petite girl who was wearing a casual short dress, black leggings, a simple but elegant coat and yellow scarf.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm here to meet someone." Sunny replied. "How about you?"

 

"Oh, I'm actually meeting Youngbae-hyung. I just came from my schedule and he was adamant that I meet him here because it was urgent."

 

"Really? I'm also here to meet him as well as Yuri. I guess they haven't arrived yet."

 

Both realized that they were set-up by the couple. They were a bit awkward until Daesung decided to break the ice.

 

"Uhm, since we are waiting for them would you mind joining me for a cup of coffee?"

 

"Anniyo, Daesung-ssi." Sunny politely said.  "I don't want to disturb you. I'll wait for Yuri at another table"

 

"Its alright. And please, let us drop the formalities. We are practically the same age anyway. Its more comfortable, don't you think?"

 

Sunny's heart just skipped a beat. She was suddenly nervous as she agreed to Daesung's invitation.

 

Sunny soon sat across Daesung and ordered some coffee and pastries. Daesung helped Sunny to the chair and took her coat. Sunny's cheeks were suddenly warming up.

 

What a gentleman, she thought. 

 

Soon after, the coffee and pastry came and they were discussing a lot of things. And after a while, they were starting to be comfortable with each other. Sunny then started doing jokes. She never understood why she was making jokes to someone she barely knew but felt like doing them with Daesung anyways. 

 

And not a moment to soon, Daesung was cracking jokes and witty remarks as well. He joked about a lot of things which Sunny finds very funny and entertaining. Most of the time, she was laughing her heart out. Likewise, Daesung was laughing his heart out too from Sunny's antics and wisecracks.

 

With all their joking around, Daesung finds himself endearing to Sunny's laugh. He not only finds it cute, he felt it was as if something he have never heard before. Daesung was becoming enamored not only of her cute nature, but her bright and strong personality as well. Daesung never felt like this. Not even before the accident nor ever in his entire life. He was usually shy and does not carry a good conversation with strangers, least of all to a girl. But he finds her different. He felt more comfortable and at ease with her and is genuinely smiling and laughing this night.

 

Sunny was also enamored of Daesung. His sense of humor were enough to floor her with laughter. She never knew how warm and friendly he was. In physical appearance, she knew he was a bit lacking (except for that toned and chiselled body that she finds very attractive), but makes up for it with his charms. Not to mention those crescent eye smiles that she loves so much. Sunny never knew Daesung was so much fun person to be with. She was loving his presence does not feel that creeping loneliness anymore.

 

Soon, five coffees and three pastries later, they noticed that time passed by and the night was getting deeper. They enjoyed each other's company so much that they have forgotten they were suppose to meet somebody today.

 

"Oh my, look at the time." Sunny looked at her watch. "I guess your hilarious stories about the Panda Seungri and the Bingu-TOP made us unaware of it."

 

"Anniyo, it was your stories about the Mushroom Fany and the talkative shiksin Sooyoung that made us forget the time."

 

"I guess it had to end." Sunny gave a sad pout. "I unfortunately have an early schedule tomorrow."

 

Daesung just sigh but an idea popped in his head. "Say, why don't I just walk you home. I don't want our night to end actually and I still have some more stories about the antics of Bingu-TOP"

 

Sunny smiled at the gesture "I don't mind but is it okay for you? My dormitory is a bit far from here. I know your apartment is around these parts and I don't want you to be out of the way."

 

"Don't worry about that." Daesung assures Sunny "I could use the walk anyway. Besides, Its my rest day tomorrow. I can go home late."

 

"Okay, let's go then."  Sunny said excitedly. "I'm sure we can reach our dormitory in twenty minutes, tops"

 

***

After paying the bill, Daesung and Sunny came out of the coffee shop and were walking down the street on their way to SNSD's dorm. That supposedly 'Twenty Minute' walk became a 'Two and a Half Hour' one. They keep on telling funny stories, randomly creating jokes from the top of their heads and even recycle the same jokes over and over again. Sunny was acting like a cute kid most of the way while Daesung was acting hyper and frivolous. Its obvious that both Daesung and Sunny were intentionally buying more time so that they could still spend more time together.

 

Because Daesung does not want to go home and Sunny does not want to go home either. In fact a few days ago, they were on a verge of depression. Now they seem to see the world in a new light. 

 

They see it from each other.

 

But unfortunately they reached SNSD's dorm without them realizing they arrived. Both of them gave a sad sigh as they look at each other.

 

"I guess we're here" Daesung has the sad look on his face.

 

"I guess..." Sunny breathe a deep sigh.

 

Not wanting it to end still, Daesung suddenly gave a smile. "By the way, how about showing that famous 'cuteness that calls for a punch' of yours?" 

 

 "You sure you want to see that?" Sunny gave him a silly look. "You might regret it. My members cringes at the sight of my aegyo"

 

"Try me." Daesung dared

 

Soon Sunny gave her cute pouts and said "Daesungie, do I look cute! ~Aingg!"

 

Daesung gave a loud laugh. Deep inside he was loving it as he suddenly grab the collars of Sunny's coat.

 

"Yah, this is really a 'cuteness that calls for a punch'!"

 

Daesung and Sunny's faces were suddenly mere inches from each other. They were suddenly looking at each other's eyes and both of their cheeks are blushing. Soon their bright smiles on their faces turned into nervous looks as their hearts beat fast. They were now staring each other intently and longingly.

 

In Daesung's mind, all he sees is the most wonderful and fantastic woman he has ever met. His dark past, his struggles are all gone. Thanks to this person who is shining brightly as the sun.

 

In Sunny's mind, all she sees is the most wonderful and fantastic man she has ever met. Her loneliness, her depression are all gone. Thanks to this person who dropped on her like an angel in disguise.

 

Daesung gently let go of Sunny's coat. "S..Sorry" Daesung stuttered while bowing his head

 

"I..its okay" Sunny nervously replied bowing her head as well

 

But they were still mere inches from each other.

 

They were silent. Their hearts are still beating fast.

 

Soon they slowly raised their heads and stared at each other again.

 

Their eyes met once more. Slowly Daesung approached Sunny who is now standing still.

 

An inch forward, they both smiled. 

 

An inch later, they closed their eyes. 

 

And finally when there are no more inches left between them, their lips touched.

 

It was a soft but long kiss.

 

Daesung had his hand on Sunny's cheeks while Sunny has her hands on Daesung's shoulders.

 

Soon after they heard squeals and cheers from three different directions.

 

In a nearby tree, Yuri and Taeyang, who have been following the couple all night were cheering wildly. "Took you guys long enough!" both shouted.

 

On the far corner of SNSD's Dormitory were a giddy Taeyeon hugging a cheering G-Dragon, a smiling TOP who is hugging a spazzing Tiffany and a smirking Seungri look on with envy. "Omo, omo!! That Kang Daesung did something right for a change!" Tiffany said.

 

And inside the dormitory, Yoona, Seohyun, Jessica, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were giggling and spazzing like fools while looking out the window.

 

Both Daesung and Sunny are shaking their heads.

 

"I guess they are onto to us now, huh?" Daesung said with his patented smile.

 

"I have an idea." Sunny said with a cute pout. "Why don't we give them a good show, Daesungie?" 

 

"Good idea." Daesung smiled wider as he hugged Sunny tight

 

Afterwards, their lips once again touched.

 

***

Months later, after Daesung and Sunny became a couple, things are never the same for both Bigbang and SNSD.

 

For SNSD, the once lonely and uncheerful Sunny returned to her merry and funny ways. As a matter of fact their dormitory bears witness to Sunny's very frequent annoying aegyos and she was worse than ever before. She started to act like a female version of Daesung by getting more frivolous and often times wisecracks about anything and was causing huge trouble inside the dorm with her silly antics. Tiffany now hates Sunny (in a good way). Sunny's uncle, SM CEO Lee Soo Man was more than happy to see a new and improved niece with her silly antics.

 

Meanwhile, the once depressed Daesung is not only back to his jovial self, he is actually acting cute to everyone. And we mean, everyone. In fact the members were so annoyed with his acts of aegyo, they once chased him out of the dormitory and did not allow him back for a week. Also, he was also chased out of the YG Building because YG CEO Yang Hyun Suk couldn't stand his annoying aegyos. Seungri was envious once again. He was no longer the sole troublemaker of Bigbang.

 

But for both groups and their respective companies, it was a relief. Their "energy pill" members are back and their teamwork could never have been better. In fact if there were problems, Daesung and Sunny always comes to the rescue. It was their job to keep their respective teams intact from both their personal and professional problems.

 

And all it took was the fact they needed help.

 

All that Daesung and Sunny needed was each other.

 

(Author's Notes: Hope you enjoy this rare pairing of Daesung and Sunny.

 

Will try to create more rare pairings. Hope you guys give suggestions in the comments section. In the meantime, thanks for reading. ^_^)