Running...

Runaway.......

“Hey wake up” a voice said.

I moved around and woke up. I groaned and looked around. It was Kai.

“Hey what’s wrong? It’s too early to be up” I said

“I doesn’t matter right now. Just get ready we have to go somewhere.” Kai said.

Kai and me lived together because we ran away from home. I liked him but I really have no clue if he likes me. I know that right now Kai is serious. I wonder where we are going.

I got up, got dressed, and then went down stairs. Kai was sitting at the table, eating some breakfast, reading the newspaper. Kai rarely reads the newspaper. Something is up.

“I’m done now will you tell me?” I said

“Not yet Aileen. I’m telling you don’t worry” He said smiled a little.

“Don’t hide it from me. Just tell me.” I said

“We have to move away. It won’t be for a long just a little bit. Trust me” he said.

I nodded and looked for breakfast. I ate breakfast and went to pack some things I might need. I packed my pink duffle bag and went back down stairs. Kai wasn’t there. I wonder where he went. I looked around for him and found him outside fixing his things. Kai doesn’t sleep outside but he keeps some of his things outside. I waited for him to finish and looked at him. His body language read so many things. I wonder which one out of them was what he meant the most.

Kai smiled at me and went inside, I followed him. I stared at him. He stared back. He sighed and then spoke.

“Look I know you are wondering why we are going away but don’t worry. I promise it will be okay.” he said and smiled. He looked just fine but I knew inside he had a lot he was hiding. I went ate breakfast and sat in the living room. It was the biggest but it was a living room. I wonder where we are heading.. We can’t be going to his parent’s house they would kill him at sight. I saw in the corner of my eye Kai looking out the window ever so often. I knew this wasn't right the feeling in all this is off.

I got up and as soon as I got up Kai motioned for me to come over. I came over to where he was and looked at him. “Time to go get your stuff and go to the car. I’ll be out in a bit” he said. I nodded and did as he told me. I sat in the car for a little bit and watched the view outside. We lived in a small apartment building, close to a small beach. It was pleasant to walk on the sand coast at night when you couldn’t sleep. I snapped out of my daydreaming as soon as I saw Kai get in the car. Kai didn’t say anything and just started to drive away. As he was driving I saw the direction he was taking. He was driving towards the house his grand parents had left him. Why was he going there? We are fine in our small apartment.

I went with it and didn’t ask. I really don’t want to ask, he has his reasons to do this. I don’t mind. The house is at all much bigger than the apartment that we had. It had three bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, and living room. It was a nice house. Kai showed me this house when had first met and ran away. He had it as his first option to go to but it was too risky. His parent’s would know that he went there, so we moved into the small apartment.

As we go closer to the area, I saw the small rose bushes his grandma had planted along the side of the path before she passed away. They were small, bushy, and full of thorns. The roses were all colors, red, yellow, pink, and so on. It was a beautiful sight to see. When we finally arrived at the house, we got out of the car, and went into the house. It was slightly dusty, since no one lived there in a long time, but nothing that can’t be cleaned. I stretched and went to explore the house. Meanwhile all I saw Kai do was look out the window. He had something he was hiding I know it. Could it be that we were being chased by someone? No, I shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Thought the thought of being chased was lingering in my thoughts. Like when fog lingers after it has rained.

Kai suddenly got up and locked the door. Afterwards he went to all the windows and closed them shut, closed the curtains on them and came looking for me. I tilted my head and stared at him.

“What’s wrong? You look worried. I told you not to worry everything is fine.” he said smiling

“Yea sure if you say so, but I’m not buying it. You are lying. I know it. Don’t try to hide it from me I know your smile isn’t sincere, it’s fake.” I said.

“Yes it is. Why are you saying it isn’t? Are you doubting me?” he said

“I’m not doubting you. I just feel like there is something off here. It’s like a cold chill in a horror movie. I can’t shake it off.” I said, he sighed and sat down on the couch.

“If I would tell you why we are moving you’d hate me and wouldn’t even believe me.” he said

“Yes I would. Just tell me I won’t hate you.” I said

“I had borrowed some money from some guys to pay off rent last month and now they want it back. I don’t have it all collected and they are after us because of the money. They said they’ll hunt us down until they get the money in full. Since they knew where we lived at the apartment we had to move out and quick. I know they are on their way here. They know where I’m at” he said

“Kai why didn’t you tell you needed money?” I said

“I didn’t want you to worry about it. You didn’t have to.” he said

“Okay then. I believe you but why are we here then if they know we are here? Let’s go somewhere else.” I said

“Where? We have nowhere to go” he said

“We’ll find somewhere let’s go now before the find us.” I said, Kai nodded and we left out the house into the city.

We drove around looking for a place to stay at, but there was nowhere to go. We kept looking until we got to a rather small house. It was close to the beach like the apartment and it was one storied. As we looked around, I kept feeling the house calling us here. It was as if it was telling us that it was safe to be here. I kept having this feeling so I ended up telling Kai this was the right one.

Once we had the house we settled in we decided to go eat. So we got in the car and went to the city to eat. We were eating when suddenly Kai gave me a shocked look and then suddenly everything went black. I don’t remember what happened. All I hear was Kai telling them to let me go but that was all.