o1

Written Word

When I woke up on the day of the news, I was happy. Excited, for some reason, actually. I didn't know why. All I did was the same daily routine as I always followed.

The start of my routine was done by instinctcheck my cell phone for a good morning text from SeHun. He didn't send one that morning. That's odd, I thought. Maybe he's just a little late.

I put my cell phone back on my bedside dresser, next to my photos taken when we had first started dating. It always helped me start my day in a bright mood, remembering everything we've experienced since then.

I sat up, cracking my neck on both sides and extending my arms while yawning, making a baby dinosaur sound. The weather, unlike my mood, was dreary and dark. It didn't prevent me from being happy, though. I thought nothing would.

 


 

After my breakfast of thick blueberry pancakes and bacon, I heard a knock on my door. Who would come here during a storm? I wondered. I slowly walked to the door, still wearing my pajamas and plaid robe. When I opened the door, I saw SeHun standing there, and before I even got a look at his face, he jumped and hugged me.

He looked like a messhe didn't bring an umbrella so he was soaking wet, but I could tell that he wasn't in the best shape when he was dry, either. I don't think he even tidied himself up when he got out of bed. When he removed his face from my shoulder, I could see from his red eyes that he was crying. "L-lu..." he mumbled, "Grandfather... he, he-" he couldn't even get the words out, but he didn't have to. I didn't even have to hear him to know that his Grandfather had passed away. When my mind functioned properly again, I was the one who needed to cry.

 


 

"Grandfather!" the 10-year-old me shouted. "Can we get a drink?" I asked him, referring to SeHun and myself.

"We're really tired," SeHun added. Grandfather laughed.

"Sure," he said, "I'll get some fresh water, but make sure you don't hurt yourselves while I'm gone." Grandfather went back into the house to get us both some water, with some for himself, too, since the weather was very hot.

"You're it!" SeHun said as he lightly punched my back. He immediately ran away from me and I tried to chase after, but I tripped and fell on a medium-sized rock in the backyard.

SeHun came back to me and helped me up, and so did Grandfather when he came back. He isn't my real grandpa, he's SeHun's. He treated me as his grandson, though, since I never even met my real grandparents, any of them. My mom's parents died in a car accident before I was born, when my mom was 18 years old. My dad's mother died of cancer only a month after I was born, but before I met her. My dad's father died of a heart attack only a week after. When SeHun's grandpa found out, he immediately told me he would be my grandpa.

When Grandfather picked me up, he set me down on the stairs leading to the backyard. "Are you okay?" SeHun and Grandfather said at the same time. I nodded since I actually didn't feel the pain, despite the fact that my knee was torn open, gushing blood in dark red pearls. Grandfather went back inside and brought out paper towels along with their first-aid kit.

Grandfather took the first aid kit and sprayed something on my knee, I was too distracted by the pretty birds to read what it said. The spray shot me with pain for a split second and then it felt good, like I was tasting mint from new taste buds on my knee. "Can I stay over tonight?" I asked, giving him not puppy, but deer eyes, since that's what everyone said they looked like. "My parents are fighting again." They were actually getting a divorce soon, but when they're in the same room, all they did was fight.

"Sure," Grandfather said. "I don't mind at all."  SeHun was my only friend at the time. I wasn't very social even if I tried to be. The only reason he was my friend was because, despite that he has always been taller than me, we always thought we looked alike, since we were only six years old, which was when I moved to South Korea from China.

"Thank you for coming over to SeHun's house, you know he doesn't have any other friends, either." Grandfather said. That was when I knew SeHun and I were more alike than just on the outside. We both weren't very social, apparently.

"It's not a big deal, I don't have any other friends so you don't have to feel thankful for anything, I didn't do much." I said cheerfully. I don't think I knew what I was saying, and I don't think Grandfather did, either, because he just started laughing and changed the subject a little bit. "You can never give up on SeHun, you hear me, boy?" I nodded with a playful attitude and smiled from ear to ear. Grandfather patted my head and said, "That's my Little LuLu."

 

I visited SeHun's house at least once a week after that. By the middle of high school we both came out of the closet and eventually found out that we like each other. Grandfather always supported us and whatever we did, he always treated me like I was his grandson, but even better than that.

 


 

But now that was over. Grandfather would no longer comfort me when I was sad or give us his homemade banana cream pie. He would no longer play games with us or try to speak to me in Chinese. It was all over, and without warning, too. Grandfather didn't die of a sickness, so there were no clues that anything would happen any time soon.

I dug my head under SeHun's shoulder and he placed his head firmly back over mine. After a few minutes of silence and tears, I stopped crying enough to ask, "W-what happened?" SeHun wiped his eyes.

"C-can I get a s-shower first?" he asked. I nodded and patted his back.

"Yeah, you know where it is."

 


 

"Really?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer was yes. Grandfather was killed in his sleep. No, he did not die naturally of old age. Someone killed him, but cops said it would take longer than usual to find out who it was.

I didn't think anyone would hold a grudge against that sweet old man. Maybe it was an accident... I thought, not believing that Grandfather would have done something so bad that someone would want to end his life.

 


 

A week later, I was called by the cops to update me on Grandfather's situation. They told me they didn't have a single clue of who it would be, even after SeHun and I were questioned along with possible suspects. Nothing?! I shouted in my head. They couldn't even find a single clue?! I sat on my bed, only to lean my head against my pillow lifelessly as tears shed sideways down my face.

That meant whoever killed Grandfather would get away with it, there were no fingerprints or DNA traces left behind. I still wonder what Grandfather would have done for someone to kill him out of the blue like that.

I picked up my phone and immediately dialed SeHun's number. I needed someone else to comfort me. SeHun was the only one I had left, so I tried to spend more time with him.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hm? Lu, I'm on my way over." Good. I thought. He's already on his way.

"I was just about to tell you to come over."

SeHun laughed and added, "I've always told you I'm a mind reader."

I laughed, too, and replied, "Alright, I'll see you in a few minutes then."

 


 

"Have you heard anything from the cops about Grandfather?" I asked him as I paid the clerk at the counter for our bubble tea.

"No, have you?" SeHun answered. I shook my head and grabbed two straws, opened them, and stuck them in our cup of chocolate bubble tea.

"We're getting taro next time, not chocolate, okay?" I told SeHun, more of a command than a question. He nods and picks the same seat we always get: by the window, across the mall hallway from GameStop, where I bought SeHun's birthday gift last year. I sat across from him, the same seat we sat in the first time we came here almost 10 years ago.

"Do you think they're ever going to get any clues? Or anything that would help at all?" SeHun asked, practically slamming his chin against the hardwood table we placed our bubble tea on, pouting and giving me his puppy eyes. I shook my head and took a sip of the bubble tea from my thick milky white straw.

I swallowed. "No. I don't. Those cops are a bunch of bastards, they have cases like this every hour of every day. They don't really care that someone just died, they just think that they do. They don't have any real empathy for us." I let out a deep sigh. "It's not like we could do anything, though, inexperienced kids like us." I added.

SeHun didn't reply after that. For the rest of our time at the bubble tea shop we sat in a silent pool of thoughts wondering what we could do. Neither of us thought of anything.

 


 

 

Both of us wanted to spend the night together, so we decided to rewatch some dramas. I could tell SeHun was paying attention just about as well as I was, which wasn't well at all. On the third episode we watched together, SeHun sat up in the blanket we were snuggling in together. "LuHan?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow and turned my head towards him. "I was thinking for a while.. and I think it would be good for the both of us if we moved in together."

To be honest I thought it was a good idea, too, even before he suggested it. We both lived alone now, and we'd been dating for almost five years. But one thing came into my mind...

"Does that mean..." I started, but SeHun silently stopped me by nodding.

"Yes, I think we should get married."

I barely had to think when I answered, "When's the ceremony?" I held the back of his head and kissed his forehead, then his nose, his cheek, and finally his lips.

 


 

"I like this one!" SeHun ran across the shop pointing to two matching rings that I also found attractive.

"Are you sure these are the ones you want?" I asked SeHun. They're a bit pricey, I thought. But I'm sure it'll be worth it for SeHun. I asked the woman at the counter to give the rings to us for a closer look. I handed one to SeHun as I examined the other closely.

"I like them," We confirmed simultaneously before a few seconds of laughter.

"I have to go to the bathroom," SeHun stated. He ran off before I could even respond to him in words.

While he was gone, I asked the woman who gave us the rings to give us another pair, identical to the pair I held in my hand, only with "SH + LH" carved into both of them. Luckily, she already had a pair. She gave them to me in a cute little box with a black and white bow on top. I payed her and SeHun came back from the bathroom. When he saw the box, his face immediately brightened up. He grabbed the box and hugged me tightly. Thank you, I mouthed to the woman behind the counter.

 


 

I stared at the rings in the palm of my hand as SeHun walked in. He was wearing only a towel around his waist, and he was messily drying his hair with a towel. "I need to talk about this, one last time." He stated as he sat next to me on the couch. He took one of the rings out of my hand and put it on his ring finger, and I did the same. He chuckled. "They look good, don't you think?" That put a smirk on my face.

"Anyway, here's what I wanted to say. About Grandfather. It's been over a month, and normally, when something lasts this long and no clues are found, nothing happens and the case ends up being thrown away like a piece of garbage. I think we should just forget about it. He was going to die sooner or later anyhow, right?"

"What?" I asked. SeHun was speaking so.. plainly. His voice was so monotonous. I've almost never seen him as emotionless as he was that day. He stated that we should forget about it like it was a fact. Like he was telling me what a word meant or how much of something in the house we have left before I go shopping. "How could you say that? Grandfather was in great condition, and he was young to be a grandparent of someone your age."

"I'm just saying. I know he was young, but he was also lucky to have lived that long. Your parents, my parents, your grandparents, and all of my other grandparents besides him—they all died at such a young age, we could have considered Grandfather a legend." That was when my eyes started to tear.

"What the hell do you mean?!" I almost shouted. "He would have lived until he was a hundred and ten years old with our support. Well, my support, since it doesn't seem like you're showing any. Why would you think that?"

"Because you can't escape death. It's like a possessing shadow that sweeps over you. I think death feels like sleeping, but no dreams and you just never wake up. No matter what it feels like, though, you can't escape it. It happens to everyone, whether you see it coming or not. It's just how life goes. If you think about it, we only exist to reproduce. Then our bodies start to gradually disable until it gets bad enough to cause death. Or maybe some lives end early due to accidents, or, in this case, murder."

How could he say that, I thought. When he's speaking about his own family member, not to mention the one who has taken care of him for most of his life? I wiped my left eye with my wrist to prevent my tears from showing. Now I was thinking out loud, only louder than I wanted. "How could you even think that, let alone say it out loud?!" My fingernails were so dug into my hand that I could feel them leaving dents in my skin. I stopped myself when I realized this would not turn out well.

I cleared my throat, shielding my eyes away from SeHun, looking almost in the complete opposite direction. SeHun probably read my expression because after a few seconds of us both being drenched in silence, he spoke up. "Sorry," he started. "I just thought you should know." I didn't respond.

 


 

"About what you said.." I said. SeHun looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. "What you said about not being able to escape death.. do you really think it's impossible?" He shrugged his shoulders in response.

"Unless scientists find a way to prevent it soon, yeah, I do." SeHun cleared his throat quietly and lifted his head as he took a deep breath. "But I want to change that. Somehow, I want to revive when I die."

"You mean like a zombie?" I asked with wide eyes.

SeHun chuckled. "No, just.. to come back normally again. Like I am now." He coughed loudly.

"Well you aren't in that great condition right now so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to come back like that." I brought him over to his bed and made sure he was comfortable. "Stay there," I ordered. "I'm making you some food."

"You can't cook."

"I'm getting KyungSoo to make you some food, okay?" SeHun laughed at my correction. I kissed his head and sat in a chair I brought next to his bed. On my phone, I texted KyungSoo to come over and help cook something to help SeHun get better.

LuHan: Are you doing anything right now? If not, could you come over and help me cook for SeHun? He's coughing pretty badly. I don't care if it isn't much, it may get worse.

As I waited for his response, I looked at our recent messages. They weren't all that recent, though. Our last message was over four months ago.

KyungSoo: I'm learning how to make traditional croque en bouche today, wish me luck!

LuHan: Can you make one for my wedding with SeHun when we have it?

KyungSoo: No problem, hyung~!

In the middle of reading our messages, I got a reply from KyungSoo.

KyungSoo: Nah, I'm free. Sure, I'll come over and help ~^O^~ I'm on my way~

KyungSoo's style of texting has never changed. He was always so happy in his texts, like SeHun's good morning messages to me.

Before I placed my phone down, I received another message.

Uncle: Your cousins and I were thinking you could come over and visit for your birthday soon! We haven't seen you in so long! How old are you now, 14?

He liked to joke around like that, my uncle. He actually hasn't seen me since I was eight. I actually forgot about those cousins back in China for a long time. I only saw my cousins once and my uncle four or five times, tops. It would be nice to see how they all turned out.

I would have to ask for SeHun's permission, of course.

Our birthdays were close together, so we always had one huge celebration together. SeHun's birthday is April 12th and mine is April 20th. We would always celebrate on my birthday since we believed it to be bad luck if we celebrate someone's birthday before it actually happened. If I left, it would be the first year we had our birthdays apart from each other since we were 15.

LuHan: Nah, I'm not turning 14 until next year. I'll have to talk to SeHun about leaving, but if he says it's okay, I'll be sure to tell you.

I got another text after I put my phone down, but I was too soaked in thoughts to look at who it was from or what it said.

Will SeHun be okay if I leave? I thought. Well, as long as he gets better by then it shouldn't be a problem.

Even though I wanted to ask SeHun if I could go right then and there, I felt like it would upset him if I did.

 


 

I heard a knock at the door. SeHun sat up out of his bed to get it, but I signaled for him to stay down. "I'll get it." I said as I stood up and walked out of the room, leaving the door slightly cracked.

When I reached the door, the one who I expected to show up was there, KyungSoo. I looked down at his bags of food ingredients he would use to make SeHun's 'get well' meal. He walked in without me verbally inviting him, and walked towards the kitchen. He must really think this is serious business.

 


 

"How does it taste?" KyungSoo asked the half-asleep SeHun lying down in front of us. He didn't say anything, he just nodded in approval. Did he lose his voice? I wondered. I guess now would be a good time to ask if I can leave. Then he couldn't yell at me if he got mad. As if on cue, KyungSoo stood up. "I guess my work here is done." And with that, he left the room to clean up the kitchen. He brought out his almost-empty bags and went back to his house. "Thanks, KyungSoo." I told him. He gave me a face that said 'You're welcome'.

I went back to SeHun's room to ask him about my birthday trip.

 


 

"Are you sure? Will you be okay?" I ask.

SeHun nodded. He probably wants to say something to me, I thought. I searched for a sheet of paper in his desk. After I found one, I snatched a pen out of its holder and gave it to SeHun, along with a folder to lean on. He started writing.

"Ne, hyung, gwenchanhayo.. As long as you come back safely, I'll be fine." Is what he wrote. I smiled because I thought his handwriting was cute. He writes really small, so when I tried teaching him Mandarin, it didn't work out well when we got to the more complicated characters. I could barely tell the difference between each character. It took me a long time to figure out what each character was, but it was still readable. Eventually, he gave up on learning how to write it, but he recently started to try again.

"Do you think you'll be better by then? It's the end of March, so if I go, I'll be leaving in about three weeks." To be honest, I felt really bad. I haven't seen my uncle and cousins in so long though, so it would be nice to pay them a visit.

SeHun started writing on the paper again. When he was finished, there was another note perfectly aligned under the last one. "I'll be better by then, don't worry about me. I know you haven't seen them in a while, so you should go. I don't want to stop you."

"Alrighty, then. I'll tell my uncle I'm going, in that case." And so I did.

LuHan: SeHun said it was okay, so I'll probably be going. If his condition gets worse, though, I'll have to cancel the trip.

I waited for a reply.

Uncle: That's fine, I know you need to help your little boyfriend when he's ill. I'll understand if you decide not to come.

I hope he doesn't get mad at me if I don't come.

LuHan: He isn't /that/ little.

 


 

Almost two weeks passed, SeHun's condition did not improve. If anything, it got worse. He still had no voice. Our way of communication was through text or paper. I kept every sheet of paper SeHun wrote on in an empty drawer in his desk way on the bottom-left. He still insisted I go on my trip with my family, despite his state of illness. He wouldn't let me stay back because of him.

Every morning, I would make SeHun's favorite breakfast for him---red velvet pancakes. I would serve it to him in bed. I would pick up his missed work from school every morning before he woke up (not that he woke up early). I would stay by his side all day every day and talk to him while he writes to me. By the end of each day, we would have a few dozen more papers stuck into the drawer. Occasionally, I would even sleep with him.

Okay, I would sleep with him every night.

 


 

A day before my plane flight, I kept on asking SeHun if it was really okay if I left. "I promise when you get back I'll be all better, okay?" He wrote. I nodded in response. I probably sounded like I wanted to stay because of how many times I asked.

"I'm going to go finish packing my bags, I'll come back in when I'm done."

SeHun took the sheet of paper he was writing on. "And I'll be asleep."

 


 

It was later than expected when I finished packing my bags. It was around 1 AM when I did. I snuck into SeHun's room, careful not to make any noise (even though SeHun's a heavy sleeper) and crawled into his bed. I propped myself up on one elbow and ran the fingers of my opposite hand through strands of SeHun's hair. His hair was dyed, and it wasn't recent, so his roots were darker than his slightly-darker-than-caramel-brown hair. His eyes were shut gently, unlike the way he almost squeezes them shut when he's awake. His lips were slightly parted since, in his sleep, he's a mouth-breather. I could see the bottoms of his front teeth from the slight part. I leaned over a little and gave him a kiss.

When I pulled my lips off of his, SeHun breathed heavily in his sleep, and I drifted off into mine.

 


 

When I woke up, I felt someone's arm around my waist, obviously SeHun's. I flipped around to face him, since I guess I turned in my sleep and ended up facing the opposite direction. That would have been hard, though, since it's a one-person bed. I found him with his eyes shut, but he was obviously awake.

"Yah, babo. I know you're awake." I hit SeHun's head. He scratched it, but smiled afterwards. His smile faded and almost turned into a frown when he realized.

SeHun searched around for a sheet of paper, leaving me kind of upset that his arm wasn't any longer around my waist. He found a sheet and started writing. "What time is your flight?"

I forgot about it until he reminded me.

"It's at 10 PM, so we have some time." I said, thankful that I'd have at least another few hours with him before my exit from the country. "Do you want to do something special?" I asked.

"I would, but I have to stay in bed." I felt my heart drop when I was reminded of the fact that SeHun was still very sick.

I didn't want to leave him, especially in his condition, but he wouldn't let me stay back because of that. He insisted I go.

And so I did.

 


 

The entire day for us was spent in SeHun's bed, doing everything I could think of that would make SeHun happy. Or, at least, as happy as he could be while being so ill.

When the day was over, I'd done everything I possibly could, but I still didn't feel as if it were enough.

 


 

"Are you sure you don't want me to call someone over to take care of you when you're gone?"

"It's fine, really."

"You're always so selfless. Being around you, I always feel selfish in comparison. Be a little selfish for once, I'm letting you."

"I said it's fine. You should go, you're going to be late."

I started shedding tears, I didn't want to leave SeHun. Not at all. "Text me if anything happens or if you need anything. If you need me to come back early, just tell me and I'll come. I'll tell someone to come visit you if you want. Anything. Anything at all, just tell me." I practically jumped onto SeHun when I hugged him. "And when I get back," I continued, "And you get better, we're having the wedding as soon as possible." SeHun shed a tear at that.

"I love you, SeHun."

"I love you, too."

Every circle was replaced with a heart.

I dived in to kiss him. It was long and passionate, I didn't care if I got sicker than SeHun from doing this. I savored it like it was our last.

When our lips separated, I wiped my tears away, even though they were immediately replaced my newer, heavier ones that sent even more pain through my aching body.

"I should go now. It's later than when I wanted to leave."

I couldn't bare leaving. When I exited the room, I sat down next to it for what felt like a century, not being able to move.

Eventually, when I lied to myself, being sure that SeHun would be completely fine while I was gone, I left. I went back home, grabbed my bags, and left for the airport.

 


 

The flight was short, even though for most with nothing to do, it would have been long. I sat there, fondling the ring on my left ring finger.

My engagement ring with SeHun.

I was imagining what he was doing now, whether someone had come to visit or if he was watching television alone.

It's too late to turn back now.

 


 

My birthday came and went, and so did my week-long stay at my uncle's. My cousins were surprised at how old I really am with what they called my 'baby face'. I guess I could take that as a compliment since they're saying I look young.

I didn't bother going to my house, I went straight to SeHun's using my set of keys he gave me. Like one day I remembered from months ago, the weather, unlike my mood, was dreary and dark. I remembered being so happy on the morning SeHun came crying at my door, until it actually happened.

Once again, despite the weather, my mood was happy and excited, being able to see SeHun. He didn't text me or write to me at all during my trip, so I was full of suspense. Uncountable thoughts ran through my head.

Is he better?

Did anyone come over?

Is his voice back?

Did he plan anything with the wedding?

Did he look at any houses?

Maybe he has a surprise for me...

And sure enough, there was a surprise.

 


 

I walked into SeHun's room, which was empty when I found it.

That means he got better, right? I thought, my body filling with joy. If he's able to move now, he must be better and he should have his voice back!

That thought triggered something in my brain that made me even more excited to see SeHun. Oh, his beautiful voice.

A lot of quotes ran through my mind, all SeHun's, from all different ages. From when we first met to our first date to when I last heard him speak.

"You can't cook." He said.

I laughed aloud at that thought. I waited in his room for him to come back. I checked the time, it was 6 PM.

Ugh, I thought, He could be coming back as late as midnight if he wants to.

But I didn't care. I waited until then, not even wanting food.

 


 

Hours passed, and when I checked the time again it was past midnight. Time flies when you're thinking about your lover.

But.. shouldn't SeHun be home by now?

I called his cell phone. Right after, I heard a noise. Not from my phone, from somewhere else.

At first I was scared. Is it a robber? But then my thoughts became happy again. It must be SeHun! But I saddened again when I heard it wasn't him. It was his phone ringtone. His phone was sitting on his desk. I listened to the ringtone. It was the one I made for every time I called him.

Hey, baby~ I know you love listening to my voice, but if you pick up your phone, you'll get to hear it even more! Hurry up, pick up your phone! But I won't blame you if you don't.

I walked over to his desk from the spot on his bed that I took as mine for the past six hours. His phone screen lit up.

One Missed Call: My Beautiful Fiance.

Fourteen Other Missed Calls.

 


 

I decided to turn on the light after I noticed it wasn't already on. I walked back to SeHun's desk and saw the whiteboard behind it with words on it. It was in Chinese, someone's handwriting I could never mistake for anyone else's.

SeHun's.

Although it took a while, I was able to read it. Even though the white board was very big, SeHun obviously barely had enough space to finish his note.

 

My dearest LuLu~

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you, and you have to believe me when I say this, I really am, but I didn't want you to miss out on family time. You said I was being selfless all the time, but in all honesty, I felt like the selfish one, I always wanted you to spend time with me, all day every day, keeping you from everyone else. I decided to be giving for once and let you go somewhere with family for once. But the day after you left, which is the day I'm writing this to you, my doctor called me. It was swine flu. By the time you get back, I probably won't be here, as the doctor told me. But I want you to know a few things.

First, I was the one who used your toothbrush in ninth grade when you got really mad about it.

Second, I hope you had a fun time with your family this past week. I hope you had fun the day you're reading this.

Lastly, I love you, LuHan. I always have, since the day I met you. I got you a birthday gift, though.

 

I stopped reading because I physically couldn't anymore. My eyes were so full of tears that it completely blurred out all my vision.

When my eyes could see enough to decipher what was what, I looked for what he said was a birthday present for me.

I found a necklace that looked handmade, the most attractive necklace I've seen in my life. On the end was a heart-shaped locket that was openable. Inside were photos of us on our first date. He made it look like we were kissing, only the space between the two parts of the locket was separating our lips. It was a bit girly, the heart at the end, but I knew the second I saw it that I would proudly wear it every day.

 

I'm not there right now, but even as a dead body, I won't forget you, your name will constantly run through my mind, and only yours. Happy birthday, hyung.
 


 

The tears were unbearable, I ran to SeHun's bed and let all my tears be soaked up into his pillow. That was the closest thing I could do to feel next to him right now.

There were three things I could do, actually.

 


 

First, to set myself under SeHun's comforter and breathe in the air in his room, which would forever smell like the fresh scent of Oh SeHun.

Second, to look at the locket, containing photos of us together, making it look like we're kissing, me on the left side and SeHun on the right.

Third, and last, to look at SeHun's written word I stashed way on the bottom-left drawer of his desk. To look at everything we talked about since he lost his voice.

And when I did that, I always remembered the last words he said to me.

"You can't cook." SeHun's words forever echoed in my head.

 


 

I never got over my unbearable amount of guilt.

It's my fault, all my fault, if I stayed with him, this might not have happened and even if it did, I would have been there with him until the last minute instead of leaving the country, I'm a disgrace. How could I ever even say I loved him if I left him like that? I abandoned him when he actually needed me most and I was too foolish to understand that.

"SeHun-ah," I said, staring at the message to me left behind, while then shifting my gaze to the papers he wrote on. "You said you wanted to come back, right? To escape death? I'll be waiting to see your beautiful face again." I said, tightening my grip on the locket SeHun gave me. My hopes were never fulfilled, because I knew you couldn't escape death.