Saving You

Saving You - Kris

"Thank you for the wonderful dinner tonight, it made my week." You said as you both walked to the door, Kris helped you with your coat as you slipped on your shoes.

"No problem, I just wanted to repay you for helping me through everything these last couple weeks." Kris looked at you in your eyes as his smile made you forget all of your troubles.

"I should be thanking you, you helped me so much through my break up with Mike that I don’t know how I could repay you." You said as you and Mike broke up at the beginning of the week even though his had tried to contact you every single day since you broke up.

"Just keep smiling and doing what your heart desires." Kris said as he opened the door, you bowed to him and thanked him once again for the beautiful evening.

He hugged you gently as then he watched you walk to your car. Just as about you were getting close to your car, a man grabbed your waist and held his hand over your mouth as he picked you up pinning your wrists in his strong hands. You screamed into his hand as he tried to calm you down. Kris heard a high pitched squeal as he looked up and down the street. He saw a commotion a little further down the street as he quickly slipped on his shoes, grabbing a jacket and racing after the struggling object. Running past your car he looked through the window to see if you were in there, but everything was empty. His hands retracted from the window as he began to run after the thing that he saw before.

"Come on, don’t fight me." The guy pleaded, you shook your head as you continued to fight and scream at the man that was restraining you. He drug you into an alleyway as he dropped you to the cool concrete below. "Well, you leave me no choice." He took out duck tape and wrapped your arms and legs together as he put another piece of tape over your mouth.

Hoisting you up onto his shoulder he ran back out to the main street as Kris ran down. The man ran faster as you lifted your head as you saw Kris in the distance. Tears streamed down your face as you called out his name through the duct tape. The man that was carrying you took a sharp turn and then carried you into his abandoned building. Taking you up to the very center of the building. He placed you against the steel column that seem to hold the whole building up. He tied you tightly to the column as you finally got a good look at his face.

"I wish we could have had more time together." His fingers trailed down where your tears stained your cheeks as you moved your head away from his fingertips. "I gave you everything you wanted, how can you treat me like this?" He said as he slapped your face. "How do you like me now?" He hit and kicked you a couple times until you were too tired and injured to call back to him or straighten up against the column. "Never forget my name, Mike. Remember because you are mine, always." He let out a hair raising chuckle as he began to ready a needle as he held a bottle upside down and pulled the back of the needle the liquid into the needle. Walking over to you Mike grabbed your arm, holding it firmly, your veins bulged out of your arm as he then stuck the needle into you, emptying out the contents into your bloodstream as it stung flowing into your body. Clamping down your eyes, Mike got right to work as boxes were around you as your vision got blurry as he started to exit the room.

"This is your last chance, come back to me or be blown up into a million pieces and then become mine anyways." He folded his arms as you tried to focus on Mike as the room began to spin. You shook your head slowly, "Fine then be that way." He skipped down the stairs as all you could do was hope that Kris was still trying to find you.

Mike went downstairs as Kris was right there to meet him.

"Oh looks like my replacement is here to wish me luck." Mike said as he patted Kris’ cheek as he walked by.

Kris threw a punch and hit him right in the jaw. Mike fell to the ground as he kicked Kris in the leg causing Kris to fall to the ground. Mike abused that leg several times before he remembered the bombs that he set up upstairs. Mike stumbled to his feet as he cleared the building. Kris heard the soft clicking of a timer as he raced up the stairs to find you strapped to the column. Kris rushed over to you as he cupped your face in his hands just to see your eyes try to open as you mumbled his name, your vision was just about gone, due to the strange drug that he injected.

"I’m gonna get you out of here don’t worry." Kris breathed as he started to untie you as your limp body fell against his. The constant ticking of the bomb was on his mind as he put you on his hip after freeing you. He held you close to him as the ticking got faster. He knew that this was it so he pressed you up against the strong structure as he covered you with his body. Rubble fell around you and on top of Kris as he then checked you over to see if you were ok. He checked your eyes as they didn’t look quite normal. Kris quickly picked you up and ran to the hospital.

The bright lights welcomed you as your vision was blurred just for a minute as the beeping of the machines around you sounded like the bombs. You suddenly sat up to see Kris sleeping next to you with his hand in yours. Your heart pounded in your chest as you looked at your surroundings.

”______ it’s ok, you’re safe now.” Kris’ hand rubbed against your back as you tried to catch your breath.

"B-But M-Mike." Your sore throat stuttered out as you looked at Kris as he laid you back down gently.

"He got busted, he is in jail right now. Don’t worry I will protect you." Kris said as his fingers gently massaged your hand. Your eyes scanned his body as his leg was in a brace.

"What happened? Are you ok?" You asked as you sat back up again.

"I just was saving you, don’t worry about it." His gentle lips pressed against your cheek as you nodded softly after.