1st Wave

Flashes
No one has to know, really. We can just stay here in the recesses of your most delicate dreams. 
I don't need anyone to look at me like I'm the luckiest person for having you, I don't need kissing or touching in public. I don't need to be called Baby, Honey, or Boyfriend or Love infront of other people.
I don't need bragging rights.
I just need you wrapped around me, me wrapped around you, under the sheets, safe. FOREVER.
 
The whispers, the fleeting touches, the silent smiles, and the lingering stares that are all for me...they're all I need.
You don't need to give me the world; I've already got it in my arms right now.
 
It's the way your voice lowers to a whisper, almost pulling (at) me to drown with you.
Not asking for rescue, never asking for rescue.
 
When your breath tickles the underside of my ear as you lean in to promise me stolen forevers, I almost always give in.
I belong there...in the mumblings in between clearing of throats, and inside jokes.
 
I never really saw myself  until I saw me in your eyes. Even passing glances tickle my soul, and I know who I am; I am introduced to myself.
In your eyes, I see all my dreams come true, all my secrets unfold...and I am no longer afraid.
 
When you pull me closer like that, like you don't realize that you are, because you don't--everything is by instinct with you--I find my place in this world.
The only place where I truly belong. I finally understand what "fitting in" means.
 
It's those butterfly fingers that float and dance across my skin when you're having trouble controlling yourself.
Fluid and graceful , like my body is your canvas, you touch me and I burst in color and brilliance.
I ignite.
 
I am beautiful under your fingertips.