Final.

Exams

Exams.
  - - shifeng.  

The sound of rustling papers echoed around your room. Sheets of paper were scattered across your table in an untidy fashion and a single cup of coffee stood amidst it all. Your Mathematics final was tomorrow and you were reading through your notes and re-doing worksheets and past year papers as revision. Most people would call you crazy for only revising the day before the test, but that wasn’t the case. You had been practicing for a while now and you had spent the whole weekend locked up in your room just so you could get work done. After all, Math was your weakest subject. You chewed lightly on your bottom lip as you scribbled away furiously, not noticing your phone vibrating on your bed.

‘Chanyeol’ flashed across the screen for a minute or so before the phone lay still.

12 missed calls. 20 unread messages.

You were much too engrossed in your work to realize that you had been ignoring your boyfriend for the whole week, including the weekend. Weekends were the only time you had to see each other physically since he was already in college whereas you were a high school senior.

 

Chanyeol sighed as the call went to the voicemail once again. Tossing his phone onto the desk next to him, he buried his face into his pillow before letting out a huge sigh. A soft snigger came from his roommate.

“She’s still ignoring you, hyung?” he laughed, twirling a pencil between his fingers.

“Shut up, Zitao.” The younger smirked playfully then got up.

“Just go to her house if you want to see her so badly.” He kicked his bed lightly, earning another groan from the giant sprawled across the bed.  He rolled his eyes before grabbing his wallet, phone and keys. “I’m heading out to meet Ling.”

As the door shut, Chanyeol rolled over and glared daggers at it. He knew the boy was merely informing him and not rubbing it in his face but he could not help but feel irritated. Here he was trying to contact his girlfriend who is ignoring him while his friend is going to meet his own girlfriend. Determined, he got up. Zitao was right, he should go to her house.

 

You placed your pencil down, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. Glancing down at your paper, you smiled weakly. Only five more questions to go. You stretched your arms above your head then lifted your coffee cup to your lips. Even the caffeinated drink did not seem to help keep you awake. You needed an energy pill. At the thought of an energy pill, your mind went to Chanyeol. Your lovely boyfriend who’s also a giant dork. You felt guilt wash over as you realized that you had been neglecting him lately. Getting out of your seat, you walked over to your bed and picked up your phone.

17 missed calls. 32 unread messages.

 

A gasp left your lips as you saw all the missed calls and unread messages from him. ‘Stupid! Why did I leave my phone on silent mode?’ you cursed at yourself mentally. Before you could call him back or send a reply, your phone came to life once more as his name filled the screen. This time, you answered without hesitation.

“Babe?” his deep voice sounded surprised, yet relieved. You could not help but smile.

“Chanyeol!” you greeted cheerily. Silence took over for a moment before you heard him shift a bit.

“Thank goodness you answered! Could you open the door? It’s cold out.” Your eyes widened at his statement. Turning around, you almost screamed. He was standing at your balcony, smiling and waving at you. You quickly ended the call then went to open the door for him. He immediately hugged you tightly, swinging you around. You let out a squeal of surprise but laughed softly as he put you down.

“I missed you, baby.” He planted a soft kiss on your forehead then hugged you again. You smiled as you let him hold you for a while before you pulled away. He closed the balcony doors then sat down on your bed. You sat at your desk but faced him.

“What are you doing here so late?” You surely missed him but it was already a quarter past eleven in the night. He frowned with a slight pout.

“Well, you haven’t been returning my calls so I came to see what was keeping my baby from me.” You flashed him a meek smile.

“Sorry…I was busy studying for finals.” You were worried he would throw a childish fit over how you couldn’t even make time for him, but to your surprise, he did not. Instead, he blinked at you with wide eyes.

“Oh! Are you done then? Am I disturbing your revision? Should I leave?” the questions shot out of his mouth like a bullet train, making you giggle. Your eyes went back to the paper you had been working on earlier. Five more questions. You looked back at Chanyeol who had a hopeful look in his eyes despite his words. Making your decision, you got up then pulled Chanyeol over to your desk, sitting him down.

“Why don’t you help me, Mister Valedictorian?” a faint blush made its way onto his cheeks before he picked up the pencil and studied the questions on the page. A smile of admiration came onto your face as you watched your boyfriend begin to work out the problems for you. You stood in silence, admiring his side profile as he worked. Although he was a huge nerd back in middle school, when puberty finally hit him hard, he became absolutely gorgeous. Plus, his intelligence stayed with him. However, his shy and introverted personality remained as well. When you were a freshman, you could remember how he had awkwardly waited for you outside your classroom while your female classmates ogled over the “hot sophomore”. You had been his only friend in middle school and despite the fact that he was now welcomed, he would much rather stick with you. He had confessed when you were junior and you both had been in a steady relationship ever since. You were suddenly snapped out of your thoughts as Chanyeol pulled you down onto his lap. He tapped your nose while flashing you a lopsided grin.

“What were you thinking about so deeply that you didn’t even hear me?” You giggled then lightly bumped shoulders with him.

“I was thinking about the day you confessed.” His face fell almost immediately.

“That was horrible! Don’t remind me.” He whined, burying his face in the crook of your neck. You laughed but didn’t taunt him any further. He lifted his head then gave you a serious look.

“Now pay attention when I explain!” You winked and playfully saluted.

“Yes, Sir!” 

 


Fluff isn't really my thing so I hope this wasn't too bad?

Best of luck for exams, everyone!

 

xoxo

Shifeng.