01

Lost Memories

the past

It has been many years since Aria has been here. It's been exactly fourteen years since she had woken up in the snowy mountain that wasn't from her world. In fact, Aria had no memories of her past, of how she got here, her age and she doesn't know how many years it has been since she has been here. The only thing she remembers is that her name is Aria Evangeline Athanasia Seightheart.

The snowy mountain that she lives on is like her home but at the same time it isn't her home. Fourteen years ago, when Aria came to, the first thing that she saw was darkness and snow as it was then she realized that she was on some snowy mountain but where? That she doesn't know. Aria doesn't even know how she got there. 

She has no idea whether she's human or not but that didn't really bother her, in fact she was more bothered by the fact she can't remember anything. She was bothered by the fact there was a seal on , to prevent her from speaking. Although not knowing her real identity, she has been living on the mountain for the past fourteen years and learned that the mountain she was living on was called Mountain Frost and is known for its dangerous wild beasts.

Aria isn't the only human (?) that is living on the mountain. Another, is a girl about the age of five years old lives there with her. In fact, she has been living there since the moment Aria was found on the mountain. Her name was Lauren but there was something about her that made Aria's body remember her but her mind doesn't.

Though Aria can't communicate properly because of the seal, she usual communicate with others by body language, writing it on the snow or express it somehow. However there are times she doesn't respond. Even if Aria lives on the mountain herself with Lauren tagging along with her, the villagers at Snow Village which is located 5km south from the mountain are nice enough to come up and give her food.

The sun rose up, indicating a new day as Aria woke up as she rubbed her eyes. Her ears twitched a little when she heard a howl. Looking around, she realized that the fog was quite thick and not much could be seen.

*Where's Lauren?* She thought and looked around, not that she cared since Lauren can protect herself. She heard her own stomach growl and realized that she hadn't eaten anything yesterday and the day before. The howl became louder and much closer. Just as Aria's vision became clearer as she saw a pair of silver eyes staring at her. Aria sat there and just titled her head.

"What's wrong?" Aria asked as the wild creature became clearer to her. It was gray werewolf that approached her.

The werewolf did nothing but to growl at her, baring its teeth at her. Aria did not flinch one bit but did the opposite as she reached out her hands towards the wild werewolf and patted its head.

"Did something happen?" She asked again as the werewolf came closer to her and nudged its head against her hand. "Ari is injured?"

The wolf whined before pulling her by her sleeve. Aria got up and followed the werewolf to it's den, located in a cave were it's family live. More growls were heard as Aria proceeded further into the cave but she wasn't scared at all, not one bit. When Aria arrived at the end of the cave, she could see Ari's hind legs had deep cuts and was stained with blood. Widening her eyes she stared at Ari before coming close to her.

Ari growled at Aria but she took no notice of that and sat down in front of Ari. Her gaze upon Ari made her stop growling as the wolf whimpered as Aria laid her hands slightly on its legs. She closed her eyes as she concentrated her powers to her hand that was laid on Ari's legs.

The wolf whimpered but she soon started to breath normally as the wounds closed up. Aria ripped a bit of her shirt and dipped it in the small pond just behind her. She started to wipe off the blood but at the same time her stomach grumbled, indicating that she was really hungry but Ari's well being was more important to her as she felt slightly warm and happy as she tendered the wolf.

Aria tilted her head and blinked. *What is this feeling?* She thought as she cleaned Ari till there was no blood on her fur. *It feels strangely familiar.* She frowned but didn't dwell on the thought as much as she continued to care for Ari. Just as Ari fell to slumber, Aria made her way out as the other wolves surrounded Ari and snuggled against her. None of the wolves had gone with her, afterall they are wild beasts.

"Where have you been?" Lauren huffed as she glared up at Aria.

Aria looked at the cave but said nothing before she headed back down to where she was before. Lauren huffed but all she did was to gaze at Aria sadly. *Princess...* Her eyes were getting moist but she blinked them away. *I have to stay strong. I'm sure she'll get her memories back. I'm sure of it.* She closed her eyes before she ran after Aria.

Though she took no notice of Lauren who was following closing behind her, her eyes brightens up when she smelled the aroma of food cooking as she was getting near Snow Villiage. Aria immediately ran to one of the stores in the villiage and stumbled into the chairs.

"Aria," The shop keeper, Laura greeted her with a smile. "Are you hungry? Well of course you are." She chuckled. "You had no food for two days. Sit down dear, I'll make you some food for you so wait okay?"

Aria nodded as she sat down at one of the tables set out in front of the stall as Lauren sat across Aria. Aria, who was just staring ahead blankly as she stared at the strange symbols on the buildings. *Huh?*

"Eonnie," The little girl called out with a big smile.

"Aigoo, my pretty little sister." The slightly taller girl beamed at the younger girl. "What were you doing?"

The little girl giggled. "I was just gazing at those symbols on the buildings. Eonnie what do they mean?"

"Those symbols?"

"Ung!" The littler girl gave her sister an eye smile.

"Aigoo, my little sister is so cute." She chuckled. "Those symbols represents many different things; power, meanings and hidden things. You'll understand when you are older."

"Aria!" Lauren called out, startling her as she shifted her gaze upon Lauren and blinked. "Are you okay? Food is ready..." Aria just nodded and started eating.

*What was that?* Lauren sighed. *She was staring at the symbols... has she remembered a bit of her memories? I hope so...* She thought before she too started eating.

Just as the two girls finished eating, a teenage girl who was running away from something or someone bumped right into Aria when she stood up. Stumbling back Aria stared at the girl, annoyed.

"Watch where you're going." She snapped but the look of the girl's eye had reminded her of someone. *Cyelena-eonnie?* She then frowned. *Who is that?*

"Cyelena-eonnie!" The girl called out as she started to tear up. "Where are you?" She mumbled as she had gotten lost in the forest.

"Aria, there you are!" Cyelena shouted before running up to Aria and hugged her. "Now don't let go of my hand okay?"

"Cyelena-eonnie?" Aria mumbled to herself but Lauren heard it and widened her eyes.

"Aria, did you just say Cyelena?"

"Do you know her?"

*Yes... but you'll have to remember your sister yourself. You can do it, Princess.* "No." She lied as her gaze was a little sad but Aria didn't not notice it.

*Cyelena-eonnie... that name sounds so familiar and warm. Like I know this person.* Frowning as Aria tried to remember who Cyelena was. Even though she was thinking about all the possibilites, her head started to hurt as if the seal that held her memories acted upon her, not allowing her to remember who Cyelena is.

*Is there a way to break the seal that holds her memories?* Lauren thought with a frown.

"Hey, I was talking to you!" The girl said and tried to shove Aria however Aria's thunder element acted upon its own and zapped the girl's hand before she even touched Aria. Yelping out loud in surprise, the girl shook her hands when she still felt the pain. "What was that for?"

"I'm sorry but if someone tries to harm Aria, her elements will act upon themselves." Lauren explains and bowed as an apology.

A sudden scream was heard as the ground started to come apart. Staggering Aria ran back to the mountain with Lauren following behind. The sudden attack had triggered something in Aria's mind. Standing near the cave of the werewolves, the entrance of the cave was blocked by the snow.

Everything seemed so blurry to her when a huge wave of energy was blasted against her. Barely hearing Lauren calling for her, she faints as the fragmented memories that were sealed were played like a slide show.