Hakyeon

See You Online

The beat rocked through his body, taking him along with it as his feet tapped along the wooden floor. One step. Two Step. If it wasn’t for the mirrored covered wall right in front of him for him to monitor himself, he would have let go long ago. But no, the choreography had to be finished by tonight and he hadn’t a moment to spare. So he replayed the music and danced, and danced again, letting his body move the best way he knew, making it flow with the music and create new moves.

But that all ended quickly as Hakyeon fell into a frustrated heap onto the floor, groaning and laying his exhausted body against the polished floor, listening to his own pants. He to his side to mirror from where he lay, scrutinising over the lack of good choreography he had produced in the past 3 hours. Closing his eyes to rethink them over, he secretly thanked the silence that would allow him to critique himself in peace--

“HAKYEON – HYUUNNNGGGG~ AAhh! You’re sleeping on the floor again!” And, the sweet silence was gone.

“What do you want Jaehwan? Can’t you see that I’m busy sulking here.” Hakyeon stated, rather than a question not bothering to turn around to face his friend or even bothering moving at all for that matter.

“Now now hyung, that’s no way to talk. Imagine if one of your students saw you like this.” Jaehwan cooed jokingly and Hakyeon glared at him. “Now come on, let’s go home. It’s 10 at night and I doubt you’ve eaten yet.” Ignoring his hyung’s glare, Jaehwan crouched behind him and tapped his head a few times in what could only be described as ‘annoying’.

“You haven’t either.” Hakyeon retorted, finally finding the will to sit up. 

The younger gasped and fell back ungracefully onto his , the back of his hand covering his mouth as if he’d reached a shocking realisation. Which he had; as Jaehwan had realised that he himself had forgotten to eat as well. He quickly picked himself off the floor when he saw Hakyeon heading to his sports bag, packing his sports bag and waiting for Jaehwan to leave with him.

“Hyyunggg~~ Drive this round~? I’ll pick a good place to eat on my phone while you focus on the road!!” Hakyeon instinctively pulled a stank face at the younger’s aegyo, but didn’t deny him as he took the car keys from the younger’s hands, more interested in the green light from his phone that notified him that he had a message to check.
“Ohh~ Is that Ravi? Looks like he’s having a fun time huh?” Jaehwan commented, peeking over Hakyeon’s shoulder to look at the message he had opened, containing a selca of what looks like Ravi crying over university final exams. He hears Hakyeon snort and he could just see the small smile forming on his lips. Ravi sure was entertaining. Jaehwan wonders if this ‘Ravi’ knew he had a half stalker that knows as much about him as Hakyeon does. It wasn’t his fault though, it was his hyung who kept bombarding him with everything new he finds out about his friend. Which, Jaehwan notes, haven’t even met before. That’s all they were, friends separated by a long distance.

------------------

It was past midnight by the time that Hakyeon retreated back to his room, body and mind retiring for the day, but stomach happy from the food he and Jaehwan had picked up from a local restaurant on the way home. ‘Thank Korea for its seemingly 24/7 food services’ Hakyeon thinks as he plugs his phone into the charger.

‘I should probably sleep…’ His internal debate had begun as he stares at his laptop on the other side of the room and he wonders if he’ll have enough energy to work tomorrow. But what kind of young adult would he be if he wasn’t fully experiencing life and surfing the internet at ungodly hours.

So losing once again to his unorganised and not to mention, unproductive side, he drags the laptop with him into bed and turns it on, making himself comfortable in his blankets and resting his laptop on his thighs.

 

Ravi: Oh good evening hyung

NNNNN: OMG WHYRE YOU ONLINE

Ravi: woaahh- Hold on there princess
         I was only taking a break from studying

NNNNN: lol. I saw the text. You sure were having fun

Ravi: I’m going to die soon

NNNNN: ok. Make sure to leave me something in your will

Ravi: I feel slightly betrayed now. Anyway. You don’t have work tomorrow?

NNNNN: yeah, but I only have 1 class in the afternoon and cafe later so meh.
                Besides, there’s always the caffeine option u bu.

Ravi: oh man. Talk about caffeine. I had a can of coffee earlier and now I can’t sleep.
          And my brain died, so I can’t study either

NNNNN: welp. Good luck with that. You’re not stressing over having to hold a job too right?

Ravi: I’m an unemployed and stressed uni student living with his parents, I’m too cool to get a job.
          check all mah sweg.

NNNNN: well.

Ravi: . . . .

NNNNN: …………………………………….

Ravi: .

NNNNN: Have you thought about what you want to do after you graduate?

Ravi: hhmm. Well I was thinking about going travelling a bit, since I’ve always just been around Seoul
          you might even have the honor to meet me irl. Kkk. You live in Changwon yes?

NNNNN: Yup! Oohh that’d be fun! I can show you all the clubs and stuff here yup and I’m sure if I
                 kick my friend out, then we’d have a spare bed for you

Ravi: lmao. Yes. Go do that. Anyway. It’s like. 1 now. So. Wow. Yeah. Late.

NNNNN: ok. You’re definitely not ok anymore. Go sleep
                shoo! I don’t want to see your face online for the rest of the night.

Ravi: alrighty hyung. You have a good sleep as well.

Hakyeon couldn’t contain his smile as he turned off his laptop, setting it softly on his bedside table so he wouldn’t accidently step on it in the morning. That chat sure was fun tonight.

 

 

 

 

---------- 

Well, I went and re-evaluated the story, and I think I have a better grip on it now. 

//fingers crossed// hopefully. Comments would be much appreciated ;7;)/ what do you guys think? 
I think that this way, I can progress the story faster, and better ^^