Too Long of a Final

Rose

This is it... That is so going down.

Ever since that day I was going to buy groceries. I saw my boyfriend flirting with another girl. From my point of view, she was just another girl who would be classified as better looking than me. He is mine. Period. End of discussion. I may seem like an overprotective girl, but just in case he was only trying to be friendly; I let it pass. Though the more often I go there; the more I tend to see them together. Then that one unfaithful day, I actually forgot about them and I decide to go to that grocery store. I entered and went to go grab some eggs. I walked there. Right afterwards the moment I turned the corner, my eyes saw Sunggyu smile at her then gave her a peck on the lips. I couldn't believe it. Something inside me twisted other shattered into a million shards. I grabbed everything, paid then rushed out the door.

I felt pity for him since he only had one girlfriend and that was me. Every date I went on, I became less and less intimate and patiently waited for the moment where he would tell me that we had to break up. Unfortunately, the world has to always prove me wrong. He never did that; neither did I.

Now, let's fast forward to the present..

I was at my favourite underground dance club, when I saw Sunggyu with the rest of his group: Infinite. They danced in perfect synchronization. Afterwards, I decided to pull up the courage to congratulate them, though the girl that kissed Sunggyu had beat me to it. The members looked at Sunggyu warily, but suppressed  their frowns to greet her politely. That's it. I walked up the DJ and told him to play Electric by Shawn Desmond. Usually many people would have to pay to get, but since I come every week I became a VIP without even paying. Once I stepped on stage I could feel the stares. I almost crashed under the pressure, though the music saved me. My heart and the beat pounded as one, while my body moved as if it contained a brain of its own. All my tension was release as my body started popping, locking and doing multiple body waves.

Once it was halfway through the song,the DJ decided to put on some house music and dubstep, my eyes focused on that girl and with a crooked finger I signaled her to get on stage. She loosened her arm around Sunggyu and he gave me a stupefied stare. She walked onto the stage radiating with confidence, but once her eyes met with mine, her body froze. It was fear that i saw in her eyes. I let the music take over my body and performed exquisite and precise footwork to the best of my ability.

A few minutes later, I gestured her to show what she can do. SHe took a few deep breaths and then her body moved in sync with the beat. The audience cheered just as loud for her, though she messed up a bit on her footwork.

This is it; that is going down!

The music was about to finish so I performed the secret routine that I perfected for weeks and once I was done dancing the entire audience was in pure awe of how flawless the routine was. They screamed and cheered my name for an encore, though satisfied with my win, I decided to bow and leave the stage after blowing them a kiss. I turned to meet the face of Kim Sunggyu, watching me stalk off with his mouth hung agape. I slipped off the stage with a bunch of guys following as if I was some amazing idol that decided to go to the club. I was happy and triumphant with my success against that girl until I walked past the scene where Sunggyu was comforting the girl.

He only comforted me like that!

I ran out of the club as a tear slid down my cheek. I briskly walked to my car. As I started the engine. I knew it by B2ST blared through the radio. The lyrics are completely true. Somewhere, inside my head; I saw this coming. Automatically I shut off the radio and silence overwhelmed me. I drove home slowly.With the effects of the loud music destroying my ears and brain cells, I unlocked the door and piled inside. I was drained from the overwhelming amount of drama. My phone started buzzing with messages, but i just shut it down as the soft cotton sheets of my bed called out to me. The darkness encircled me.

 

I woke up with my head pounding from the loud music. Flashbacks of last night materializes in my mind. Not that I wanted to remember them. I trudged to the washroom after I accepted the fact that I smell horrible because I was still in my clothes from last night. I stepped into the shower as I let the hot water rain down and wash away all the grit. The water relaxed all my non-existent muscles and carried away my tears. As I turned off the shower, my brain was finally cleared from any thoughts about him. I strolled out of the bathroom with only my large bath towel wrapped around my body; barely covering my . I walked into my bedroom, opened my closet and changed into a T-shirt and shorts. Sunlight poured through the window as I opened the curtains. I did my daily routine. Ah~ It’s a beautiful Sunday! Hehe. Sun day, you get it?

My head was slightly better than when I first woke up, so I walked downstairs and grabbed a cup of tea. I settled down into the couch and started to flip through the channels until suddenly, the doorbell rang. NOt having any second thoughts, i rushed to the door finding a distressed sunggyu standing at my doorstep. I slammed the door into his face, though he stuck his foot in, just in the nick of time. “OW!” he cried in pain. I felt a tinge of guilt as I heard the pained cry. He was clenching his teeth trying to endure the torture. I warily opened the door allowing him in, sympathetically. Sunggyu stumbled to watch the couch and sat down. I recomposed myself after I closed the door, then calmly strolled and sat down on the couch that was across from his. We sat in awkward silence, The only sound heard was the monotonous rhythm of the clock ticking.

Finally, he decided to break the silence. “I’m sorry…” was the only sentence that came out; however, it was the only sentence that brimmed my eyes with tears. I forced myself to stay strong. “Sorry, doesn’t fixed anything that you have done. I’ll give you this last chance to explain yourself,” I simply stated. He seemed hesitant, unsure of what he is supposed to say. “Why are you even giving me a chance? Oh who cares. Look, I’m sorry. I was wrong to cheat, but at first I thought she was innocent. Ah jeez, what am I saying,” he was so nervous he began to ramble, “I bumped into her while I was buying groceries to make you your favourite dish. We crashed into each other and the ingredients from the basket spilled all over the floor, so did hers.  I, as the gentleman I am, helped her pick up her groceries. She thanked me and started to ask why I bought all those groceries and if I knew how to cook. I answered each and every one of her questions diligently, without knowing her true intentions.I started to go there more often and at the same time because I guess I felt some sort of attraction towards her.”

With every sentence he spoke, my heart rose up to my neck. I felt suffocated and it was extremely hard for me to maintain a straight face. His chest heaved in and out, as he took deep breaths and continued with his explanation.

“I convinced myself many times to not do anything stupid and go against your back, but I deceive myself every time. The guilt built up as I left through my door to go there every time. Somehow, I was able to ignore it. I started telling her more about myself and became attracted. Finally, i gave in to my emotions and stop caring about my actions. The guilt did tear me apart once I realized, but it was already too late. I had already cheated on you. I’m sorry. Slap me all you want. I deserve it.”

I took deep breaths. I was suffocating. Tears filled my eyes and made the world around me blurry. I struggled to get the words out of my mouth.

“I don’t need to harm you since you have already learned your lesson. For now, just leave.”

I slowly raised my hand towards the door, hoping he would understand and hurry up before I burst into tears. His figure stood there, immobile.

“Please leave.” I repeated and my voice cracked. Still no movement.

“Leave!” I became impatient. Tears slipped onto my cheeks, my breath became uneven, it was even harder for me to breath.

With my teeth clenched I repeated those words for the last time: “LEAVE! NOW!”

With one look in my eye, he left gently closing the door behind him. I fell to the ground  as tears flooded down my cheek. Silently crying, silently breaking down, silently falling into pieces. I let my heart shatter and allow the fact that things were over sink in.

My mind is blank with the only thoughts of him. His voice lingering in my head and repeating incessantly. My shoulder was burden with the longing of him. I still couldn’t leave him after all we’ve been through. I just couldn’t bear this fact, but I couldn't do anything about it. My heart shattered into pieces that was uncountable. I tried to ignore all the pain, but more I tried the more I fell into the darkness. Soon, all the light drained from the darkness that surrounded me. I was blind with my eyes open; unsure of what to do and what will happen. I laid there on the ground, still and immobile.

Eyes closed. Heavy breathing. Tears sliding down my cheeks. Head pounding.

I raised my trembling hand up to push myself up and plopping back down onto the couch out of breath. I stare helplessly at the television. What was there to say now? My heart ached for his warm and light.

 

 

That was how the rest of the day past. Cold and lonely.

I woke up with the same attitude. The morning rays of sunshine poured through the window. I looked next to me, but no laid there. I was alone and I remained there.

Finally it was around noon and I forced myself to move on with my life. I brushed my teeth, took a bath, and went downstairs for a cup of tea. Walking across the hall, I noticed a red object slid under my door. I set down my cup of tea and drifted towards the door. It was a rose with a light blue note tied to it.

It read:

I love you. With all my heart.

I should have never let you go.

This rose represents my love for you. The stem where you hold is very detailed and you must be cautious when handling it. And you were. So you were able to pick up the rose, bring it up to your nose and inhale the luxurious scent. But with time and ungrateful thinking, as a consequence I spoiled myself and withered away. But the scent will be forever one to remember, until it is replaced with another fresh rose.

Until you find another rose, I will forever linger with you.

- Kim Sunggyu

The next day, I woke up and immediately rushed to the door without thinking. There was no rose. I relaxed and withdrew a breath.

I found no rose beneath my door after that day.

60 Years Later

I wake up to the sound of my husband snoring. A smile appeared on my lips as I watch him sleep so well. Even though I’m already 80, I still enjoy the look of someone sleeping well. I did the usual routine. The clouds were blocking the sky today, and there was only a small drizzle of rain.

Walking downstairs, I looked at the calendar. Today was the day I found the rose. I ran to the door and checked. There was nothing. There had been nothing after that day.

The day passed on as I just cooked, cleaned and went grocery shopping.

Little did I know, when I went grocery shopping today, someone was following me and watching me. His eyes longed for my presence around him, but he just sighed and walked away knowing that it was already too late. He yearned for the past 60 years and he will forever yearn.

 

 


 

Did you guys enjoy it?

I hope you did :P If you do please leave a comment or any responses so I can improve or try to please you, the reader. 

GOMAWO FOR READING~~ SUNGGYU LOVES YOU <3

NADO SARANGHAE