My Life

Elapsed (Rome Fanfic)

Rome and Hana met each other by chance. Yet, they believe it was destiny that brought them together. They love one another, more than their own selves. They we’re always there for each other when another is in need. At last, they found out the one piece they have been missing all along: Love.

The simple girl received lots from the rich boy. But, there is one thing that Hana treats as the most precious. It was a heart shaped locket that Rome gave to her at the day Rome first said those three words. The latter remembers it like it was yesterday and it is still dripping with sweet memories of them together. That’s why she never takes off that locket.

One day, Hana and Rome was going out on a date. They were happy being together. Because when their hearts are near, all they see is one another. Such strong bonds link the couple together. It seemed like nothing can separate the two apart. Until one tragic day…

It was a beautiful morning and Rome was off to get Hana from her house. He rode his expensive Mercedes all the way to the latter’s house. She was waiting for him by the door. Both of them looking elegant.

They drove together to somewhere. Rome won’t tell Hana where they’re going. He kept a wide grin not saying a word which left the latter curious.

But, a sudden turn to the left of the car in front of them caught them both in shock. The car rammed on another car beside it and, in turn, banged on the Mercedes the two were riding.

Both were left unconscious and we’re taken to the hospital.

Hana regained consciousness after a couple of hours.

 

“R-rome…” that was the first words that came out of .

 

“Sshh... don’t worry about him until you fully recover” a soft voice told her.

 

Hana recovered fully after a week. The first thing she asked is “Where is Rome?” as always. She never minded anything else but that man.

 

“Rome is fine. Don’t worry about him” a deep voice coming from behind said.

 

Hana turned around. She recognised the voice. It was Rome’s uncle talking to her.

 

“Where is he?” she asked. She seemed really worried still.

 

“Rome had to be taken to Korea for some treatment” Rome’s uncle replied.

 

“Is he okay? How is his condition?”

 

“He is fine, he recovered right after the incident. He is okay now I can assure you”

 

“Thank you so much”

 

Rome’s uncle left with a cold expression. Something is still bothering Hana’s mind though. Why did they have to send Rome to Korea if he had already recovered?

 

Days turned months and Hana hasn’t heard anything about Rome. No calls, no texts, no e-mails, no nothing. She couldn’t even contact Rome’s family. She was getting drowned in thoughts. What if Rome doesn’t want to be with me? Why else would he cut off all our means of communication? Hana was getting drenched with tears. She never had missed someone so bad in her life. She knew she could not take any more so she decided she would have to go to Korea herself.

She got to a plane, travelled by herself. She arrived there safely. But where she’s going? She wasn’t sure at all. She knows she just had to trust her heart to take her to the right place.

 

For some reason, Hana had remembered everything about Seoul. The memories of the two of them strolling down the busy streets are still fresh in her memories like it was yesterday. But for some reason, she couldn’t put to mind the exact address she used to know like it was written at the back of her hand.

 

Yet, sure enough, after a week of searching, she found Rome. He was just sitting there in his new car, in front of a house. As Hana was about to call out to Rome, Rome honked the car’s horn. And a girl suddenly went out the house. Rome called out to her. Hana was stopped in her tracks.

The girl seems to be an acquaintance of Rome. She went in his car. And…and kissed?! In the lips?! Hana couldn’t believe what she saw. All the memories they had flashed back in an instant. Suddenly her heart feels heavy, as she sobbed.

Later that day, she found out that that girl was Rome’s new girlfriend. She cried her heart out to the point where her eyes looked barren, dried out from all the emotions.

She mustered her courage and went to talk to Rome. Rome looked at her blankly. Which made her feel even worse. A warm welcome was what she expected. All she got is coldness.

 

Hana’s POV

 

“Rome I…” I was trying her best not to get myself too emotional. “I never thought you could do this to me”

 

Rome, still looked at me blankly, as if he doesn’t know me

 

“Still…I” I knew I couldn’t take any more of this. He doesn’t care about me any longer anyways. He’s happy with his new life – with his new girlfriend.

 

“Here…” I reached out my hand, holding out some pictures.

 

I gave him the photos. And then I left with my head down.

He didn’t even go after me…

 

Rome’s POV

I met this woman. She was calling my name. I looked at her. She seemed so familiar though. I don’t know but I think I’ve met her before. She was calling out to me, calling my name…

But, why was she crying??? I stared at her. I didn’t know what to say. She handed me out something…something that I knew was so precious for her. Yet…she gave it to me. Right after, she left without another word.

The things now in my hand never crossed my mind after that. And, I set it aside.

 

Bora, my girlfriend called me from behind. Her voice somewhat seemed so cold. She shouted my name.

I looked behind me. I observed the noticeable anger in her face as she glared at me.

 

“We’re over…” she said.

 

Those words echoed in my head. We’re over…Why would she say this? Maybe she thought I have a relationship with the other girl.

As I was left in thought, she left without a word. She turned around and there she was – with another guy.

She was with another guy…She was cheating me all along. I was blankly looking at the ground as tears went flowing out my eyes, these eyes which are now filled with melancholy.

 

I didn’t know what to do now. I looked down at my hands. There, I was holding the thing the girl gave me.

Photos…photos of us?! The two of us were together.

This girl…I…I know her.

Memories now started to flash back. I remembered how I loved her and how she loved me…how I cared about her more than my own life…

Then, I remembered the tragedy. That catastrophe that made us separate…Us, who once were inseparable.

“H-hana…” those soft words managed to come out of my mouth as tears flowed down my cheeks.

 

No One’s POV

Hana couldn’t have let Rome go. She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone in her life. She realized that there’s nothing left to live for. She couldn’t take it anymore. The weight of all the emotions is dragging her down on the ground. 

A flash of light flashed on Hana’s eyes. She looked at the direction where the light is coming from. A knife in the kitchen is reflecting the dim light from the outside.

She was walking slowly towards it. Thinking of nothing but easing her pain, she sees no other way. She grabbed the sharp knife and put it by her wrist.

Her face became dark and so did her heart. The last tear fell down her cheeks as she…

 

Rome’s POV

I have got to find Hana. I need to tell her I’m sorry. How could I forget everything?

I made her wait for so long…How could I???

I have no idea where to find her. I just know by hear that I will.

Right there, I saw her face in the small window of this house. I can tell that she’s crying from the distance.

I got out of my car and ran outside. My heart is dying to see her again. I’ve missed her so much.

She left the door open. So, I went in.

I saw her – still weeping.

 

“Hana…” I called out

 

Shocked with what I see…thick red liquid went pouring out of her as she turned around.

 

Hana’s POV

I did it...I was looking at the slit by my wrist. I’m just waiting for my last breath.

But…

 

“Hana…” a soft voice called out from my back.

 

Heh! I’m getting delirious. I turned around. I saw Rome.

NO! Rome…I…I couldn’t say anything.

My vision out…as I felt my whole body fall down on the red-stained ground.

 

Rome’s POV

“No! No…Hana” I wept as I witnessed the last breaths of my one true love.

I could only watch as she falls down on the ground…her blood slowly puddled on the floor.

I sat down by her side. I was carrying her and getting stained by the red liquid.

 

“I’m not going to leave you again”

 

With the little strength she got left. She raised her hands – cupped one side of my face.

She said the last words she could say with the countable breaths she has left.

 

“I thought…we’ll never be together…Thank you…”

 

Her eyes closed. Her heart stopped beating. Her left hand felt cold as it fell down from my cheeks.

Her other hand was grasping on something.

I opened her hand and found a heart shaped locket. I opened it

“내 생활” was written in a very small font…