-

please don't stop the rain

Please don't stop the rain. 

 

Jongin hopes that the huge downpour that occurs precisely at 13.42 PM, Seoul Time, with an addition of a blaze of thunders, on Thursday afternoon wouldn't stop for the whole day until he was done with what he's doing.

 

He hears some Legend about Chen and Suho, two Gods from the Korean Drama that he watches that these both are the one who controls the water and the thunder, he imagines how easy life would be if these two are alive and he can requested for that to happened. 

 

He shakes his head, he thinks that he looks dumb for imagining those, maybe he watches TV too much. But what's in front of him right now is something that he wouldn't expect to be back again. 

 

It was a long time ago when he was having his summer holiday at his uncle's home in Gwangju countryside area where he met Do Kyungsoo for the first time. He's still 16 and Kyungsoo lives next to his uncle's place and they got introduced together because of their similar ages. He remembers the first glance that he has on Kyungsoo, and the rest of the 7 days that they spent together, from fishing to having dinner together, watching shows, and late night talks, just a simple thing that he did as a teenage boy during the holiday but turns out as an unforgettable experience because of Kyungsoo. 

 

And then summer holiday ends, he had to say goodbye to Kyungsoo. Too bad he was too shy to even asked about Kyungsoo's number or cyworld page, because everything seems to be like a perfect bromance and he couldn't tell if Kyungsoo is even interested in boys too. But once thing he could tell, in the heat of the weather, his hearts beats faster and there's a warm and fuzzy-feels every time he could spend time together with Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Jongin was back to Seoul, aware that once the summer ends, his first love also ends miserably like that.

 

"If he's the one, then he'll came back eventually, serendipity." Chanyeol, his buddy from high school advises. But Jongin wasn't sure if he could accept such statement because how many chances are there for him to get to see Kyungsoo again for the second time? Going back to his uncle's house in Gwangju? But he has no money, and it would be weird if he asked his parents to coming to Gwangju again because his family knows that Jongin actually hates going to the countryside area, and it would develops to some strange thoughts from his parents about him - and maybe Jongin overthinks too much, but he's only a confused teenager, whom in the end decides that it must be a normal summer fling that wouldn't last that long. The feeling would be sunken just like the autumn leaves that falls down to the ground.

 

 

And now back to the age of 21. Jongin can't believe his eyes, there's Do Kyungsoo, he couldn't forget those pair of doe-eyes, and petite figure, and never-changed haircut (still dark brown with a fringe), sitting quietly at the cafes where he ordered his favourite banana milkshake. All by himself. He assures himself that this would be a once in a lifetime chance. He thought he had move on from Kyungsoo, but a glance of his appearance in Jongin's eyes had brought back all the feels and his heart goes pitter patter again for the second time.

 

 

 

 

He couldn't believe himself that her could act as coward as this, the same Jongin who always confidently speaks and jokes comfortably in his group of friends, the same Jongin who isn't even shy camera (once he did some part time job as a model to get extra money for fun), the same Jongin who dances at his school's art stage without being having any stage-fright, is now trembling and nervous.

 

 

He dares himself to walk a little towards Kyungsoo after grabbing his banana milkshake. 

 

 

"Excuse me…" he says softly, almost unheard if Kyungsoo is not really that sensitive. But then Kyungsoo looks up after being concentrated enough with the newspaper that he reads. 

"J-Jongin?" he looks like he is startled with Jongin who still stands there awkwardly, "What a coincidence! It's been a long time!" 

"Um, yeah-" Jongin replies, 

"Sit here! Are you in a rush or something?"

He suppose accompany Chanyeol to his doctor's appointment, but at this moment, he could ignore Chanyeol and not feeling sinful at all.

"Not at all, I was just- ordering this,"

"You never changed! Okay, a bit taller- But except that, you still looked the same! Still liking the banana milkshake and I remember when you protested that no one in my city sells banana milkshake!"

Jongin remembers that pretty well, but it's not something that he wants to remember because of how immature he was back then.

And then suddenly the rain started to pours hard, he could tell from the glass window at the cafe, Kyungsoo panics, he said that he didn't bring any umbrella. So does Jongin. Which is why he wishes that the rain wouldn't stop so that Kyungsoo wouldn't leave at any time soon and they could have the whole day by themselves, sounds very selfish but he doesn't care. 

 

As the conversations flows through the time, Jongin learns a lot of thing. Jongin learns that Kyungsoo has been living in Seoul for 2 years, studying at a national university where he's majoring in Agriculture and Life Sciences, he excitedly tells Jongin about his dream to cultivated a better farm productions and plants with the knowledge that he learns, he sounded passionate and it makes Jongin feels bad because majoring in Economy right now, he is not even sure about what to do in his future, he hates office work ,he hates routines, and he's only there because his father told him to. 

 

Jongin also learns about the small things, like where Kyungsoo is currently living, he lives together with a guy called Joonmyeon in a small rented space in Sicheon area. Kyungsoo tells him about how similar looking Joonmyeon is with the main actor from the Gods of Nature drama, the Suho guy, and Jongin ironically jokes about how about them calling Joonmyeon to make the rain stops. Kyungsoo laughs on his joke and that was like Kim Jongin's biggest accomplishment that he would remember right inside his head.

 

Kyungsoo tells him about his days at the school too, about his lab-partner Baekhyun that always been annoying but also a genius in his class too. He says that they both are like the most ambitious one in the class, but Baekhyun is even more crazier than him sometimes in experiment and opinions. Jongin told him that he has a friend that might become a good friends with Baekhyun based on Kyungsoo's story, and Kyungsoo promised him that he'll bring  Baekhyun some time and Jongin could bring his friend too and they could go together to hang out. Jongin can't help to blushed- That means, they gonna meet again in the other occasion?

 

 

3 hours has passed, and despite Jongin's wishes. The hard rain started to changed to be a steady patches drizzle. But it seems like the topic is being never-ending for both of them, they haven't meet for 5 years and there's just a lot that they need to share together, the missing stories between the gap. 

 

"Urgh, my throat feels so dry, I haven't talk to someone for a long time like this," Kyungsoo says, "I really need more water," he continues, chuckles lightly, Jongin feels like he's melting under those smile. At the same time he also feels the same way with Kyungsoo throat, he's not this talkative in general (because when you have a friend like Chanyeol, all you could do is only response shortly and listens more because Chanyeol is so full of himself), but with Kyungsoo, it seems like he could go on and on without hesitating, he transforms himself into a open book towards Kyungsoo voluntarily.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin gulps on their 6th glass of water. The rain has stopped completely. 

 

"I'm sorry that I've dragged you to talk to me until this long-" Kyungsoo bows a bit, but Jongin shakes his head quickly.

"No, I'm fine with it. It feels good to meet an old friend again!" 

"Hey, let me tell you something," Kyungsoo tries to suppress his laugh as they walk outside the cafe. 

"Yes?" Jongin glance back to Kyungsoo.

"I actually missed you a lot ever since we met during that summer holiday. I don't know- there's just a phase where I could recall all of my memories together with you, late at night. Wishing that you could go back again, and we could meet again,"

"Why don't you asked my uncle about me? Like my phone number or something?" Jongin asks furiously, he couldn't believe it. 

"I don't want to be so obvious, and I was acting like some confused teenager- so in the end I did nothing."

"Confused about what?" 

"I don't know, I just want to hug you and interlaces our hand together that time, is it even normal? You could escape in count of 3 if I kinda freaked you out right now, Kim Jongin." he grins weakly on Jongin.

But Jongin doesn't replies, instead he comes an inch closer to Kyungsoo and begins to wraps both of his arms on Kyungsoo's frame, "Like this?" it's not a question although it sounds like one, and Kyungsoo doesn't need to answer. When Jongin drifted his arms from Kyungsoo, the arms moved to hold on Kyungsoo's hand, "Like this?" he asks again. 

 

 

 

Jongin is relieved that what he has is not entirely a one sided feeling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And after 10.000th times of nonsense talking, a guy like Park Chanyeol is being right this time. 

 

Serendipity, he hums on the word.