Holding Hands

Holding Hands - Donghae

Insisting on walking to the date instead of being picked up was one of your great ideas; especially in the cold winter air.  A slick black car gradually pulled up to the side of the curb as you looked through the window at the driver as he rolled down the passenger window.

"The boy is supposed to take you on the date right?" He giggled as the car rolled at your walking pace as you nodded.

"But this was my idea." You said as you walked closer to the car.

"Then here is mine." He stopped the car and unlocked the doors as he got out and opened the passengers door for you. Smiling at his adorable action you slid into his toasty, warm car as he walked to the drivers side. Rolling up your window you were happy for the heat coming from his car as you gently swayed to his music as he pulled into the parking lot of the Couples Karaoke Bar.

Parking his car he pulled on his black blazer that covered his white V neck shirt and jeans that complimented his whole outfit with converse to match. The cooler air bit your arms through your partially see through long sleeved that overlaid a white tank top of yours and your jeans that hugged your legs and black high heels to make the whole outfit classy.

Holding your hand in his, he led you into the Karaoke bar. Finding an empty table he led you to it as a couple barely finished their song together. Both of you clapped as another couple took the stage as they got their song and began to sing.

Donghae walked off to get you both a drink as you enjoyed their song. Swaying to their beautiful voices as they both complimented each other so perfectly. He came back with your drinks as he placed yours in front of you on a coaster.

"Would you like you go up there with me and we can sing a song." Donghae offered nicely as he watched your reaction as you shook your head.

"I just think they look so happy together." You said in a dreamy tone as you rested your head on the palm of your hand. You took a sip of the drink that he bought you as you noticed that there wasn’t any alcohol in there.

"Is this non alcoholic?" You asked gesturing towards the drink.

"Yes, I didn’t know if you liked alcohol and I like to get to know someone when they are sober." He chuckled at the last part as you bit your lip gently happy that you finally found a gentleman that wasn’t just up for a one night stand. Listening to a couple more songs that couples have sung he took another chance.

"You sure you don’t want to go sing together?" He asked as he leaned on his arms that rested on the table.

"I’m sure, maybe later." You balanced your glass on its edge as your finger gently stabled the drink. He nodded as he resumed watching the couple. A couple more songs later he asked again but chose to ask you a different way.

"Do you trust me?" Donghae asked as you looked at him with a smile on your face.

"Of course I do." You said as he grabbed your hands and gently pulled you up onto the small raised stage as he chose the song. One song with more boys parts then girl parts as he found Henry’s 1-4-3. He began to sing as you started to hide behind him, not letting go of his hand for your life. Getting the crowd involved he got them clapping as you rapped Amber’s parts with ease as the crowd loved you. You kept your hand in his as you both sang the song together as he gave a big smile to the audience.

The crowd began to chant ‘One More’ as all you could do was but refuse. You chose the song this time as Donghae entertained the crowd. You found Eun Ji and Seo In Guk’s song All for You.

Donghae was surprised at your choice but none the less he loved to sing along as he squeezed your hands together as he sung to you letting all of the stage fright melt away as you happily sung with him with all smiles. At the end of the song the crowd gave you a standing ovation as you both hugged each other bowing happily.

Once you got back to your seats, you both finished your drinks as Donghae led you out of the stuffy Karaoke bar as you both began to walk to his car. As you reached his car he helped you in as he then went to the drivers side, starting the car getting it warm for you. Driving in the direction of your house an awkward silence settled into the car as Donghae began to speak.

"I didn’t know you could sing that beautifully, _______." Donghae said as he looked over at you, just to catch you blushing.

"Thank you, I haven’t sung that much and that was the biggest crowd that I have sang for." You played with your fingers as he pulled up in front of your house. He helped you out of the car again as he walked you to your front door.

"Being on stage is exciting, but I bet you get scared a lot huh?" You asked as you arrived at your door. He smiled and held your hands in his.

"Most of the time but then I just think of the people that love me and the effect that I can have on people and it calms me down just like holding hands."