Good bye, friend..

Friendship or Love (ONESHOT SHORT STORY)

 

Jonghyun was having a new girlfriend and Key, his best friend, wanted the girl to be a perfect one for Jonghyun. So Key kept on 'upgrading' the girl with new fashion. They became really close, brother & sister love, Key really likes the girl and kept saying that Jonghyun was lucky to have her as a girlfriend. But the closeness of Key and his girlfriend made Jonghyun jealous, and by that, he also thought that Key was going to take his grilfriend away from him. Jonghyun told Key to stay away and don't bother them or they could just break the friendship.

 

Key was totally down to the ground. Hurt by Jonghyun's not so clever thinking. He could never do that but if that what Jonghyun wanted, so he had to listen. As Key was crossing the zebra line, a bus ran toward him, flung Key up in the air and hit the ground second later. Jonghyun, who happened to be there with his girlfriend, saw everything and ran to get Key.......continue.....::

 

Blood.

 

It's everywhere. Soaking the soft, white fabric into deathly red, nousious smell lingering through his nostrill..but he didn't attempt to move away. His hand was still wrapping around the shivering body, trembled from the pain he had to bear. Jonghyun held the other's hand tightly, didn't want to let it go. His breath hitched as Key coughed out blood then hissed in pure pain. Shooting and throbbing his whole body. 

 

Jonghyun's tears never stopped flowing, he leaned down and planted a kiss on Key's forehead. He didn't want to lose his best friend. His comforter. His listener. And his one and only Key in the world. He reached Key's limping hand and placed in on his chest, "Stay longer, Key. The ambulance is almost here.." he whispered. Key forced a smile on his face. His trembling hand caressed his best friend's pale cheek. Key shook his head weakly.

 

"What kind of friend am I if my own best friend can't trust me?" Key replied. He had lost a lot of blood from his body and also his head, which he happened to have after he realized a bas was running towards him, causing him to fly up in the air before landing down harshly on the tar road. Key was now facing his own death with Jonghyun by his side. Luckily, he had a chance to spend his finally hour with his best friend. Whom he cares alot. Jonghyun cried harder, apologizing non-stop. Cursing himself for blaming Key who he thought wanted to steal his girlfriend away from him.

 

"Don't say that, Key! You're my best friend! I'm sorry for acting like a jerk and accusing you something so stupid, I don't want to lose my best friend, Key. I don't want to lose you.. I know you're strong Key. You're almighty Key.." Jonghyun sobbed. Brushing away the bangs covering Key's eyes. The face that used to give him a beautiful smile was now covered with blood and tears. 

 

"Jonghyun-ah..I'm not so strong, if I can't have my best friend on my side." Key's words hit him right in the face. As Jonghyun kept on crying, Key whispered.. "Don't cry, Jonggie-ah. I did this for our friendship, I don't want it to end. I love to see you with your girlfriend. Don't be sorry, maybe my time have come and she comes right on time. She will take a good care of you, like I did or even better. I love you, Jonghyun-ah. My special friend, I know I've hurt your feeling for going out with your girl but now I deserve to be like this. So you can live happily with her without have to worry about me ing you again."

 

"But..Key! She's different! You're different! You're my best friend while she is just a girl whom I don't think would last forever. I need my best friend too.." Jonghyun exclaimed. If Key's gone..who will listen to his troubles again? Who will give him a hug while he needs? Who will tell him it's okay to cry? 

 

"Jong..I can't live forever with you. I-I'm sorry for making you cry, Jong..but...I......I...........~~~" Key's hand slide down from Jonghyun's grib. Plopped on his side. His breath stopped. Eyes closed. Lips parted. Jonghyun's eyes widen, he tried to shake Key. Wishing him to wake up. Nothing in reply. Jonghyun patted Key's cheek. Wondering if Key was just collapsed, but then he brought his trembling fingers to check on Key's pulse. Nothing. Silence. No beating sound. Jonghyun started to panic. 

 

"Key..? Key..?! Key! Wake up! Don't go! Don't leave me like this! Wake up, Key! Stay longer! Please.....please wake up. I-I love you, Key.. I don't want this friendship to end..! I don't want you to go! Please, wake up for me Key. Listen to me.....I'm sorry..." Jonghyun kept on shaking Key's lifelss body. He's gone. Together with the pain he had to suffer. Jonghyun reached for Key's pale hand and gave it one last kiss. A love of best friend ended just because....he was jealous.. He trusted his head other than his heart who told him Key was planning something good for him. But the demon had risen within him... He made Key suffered and now he lost his best friend. "Wake up, Key. You promised you will stay with me and comfort me when I need you. I need you now, Key. Don't leave me....... My life is nothing without my best friend."

 

'Good-bye, Jjong.. Live happily with the one you love. I love you, best friend...' Jonghyun's head sprang up as he heard a whisper. He swore he just heard Key's voice whispering into his ears but then it vanished with the wind. Jonghyun looked down on Key's pale face. A face that used to give him spirit for tomorrow. 

 

"Key, it took me seconds to know you....and we have been friends for years..what makes you think I'll be happy without you, Key? What...? Friendship brings me to heaven but I don't know how long will this love will stay and if this love disappeared...who will hug me and tell me it's okay to live alone, Key?" Jonghyun cried as he planted the last kiss on his best friend's bruised cheek. A kiss of good-bye forever. 

 

The ambulance arrived too late. Jonghyun didn't budge but he hissed as one of the specialist tried to take Key away from him. Jonghyun growled like a hungry beast and tightened his embrace around Key. He almost lost his sanity when he knew they were trying to separate him with his best friend again. He shouted at them and warned the other to stay away, but one of the police officer calmed him down. Telling him they would try to save Key, though it was already too late for that. Then, another policeman approached both of them while handing Key's beg. 

 

Jonghyun took it quickly while the other took Key carefully into the ambulance, Jonghyun screamed and wanted to attack them. Luckily the police officer thwarted him to do so and told Jonghyun, Key needs to rest. Jonghyun obeyed, his eyes captured a piece of paper laying on the tar road where Key had landed. He picked it up and unfolded the soaking red paper.

 

'Jonghyun-ah, 

you might think me as the er between you and your girlfriend but, Jongie, I'll never do that. Your happiness is what I was born to see. Your smile is what I die for. Your laughter is the perfect melody for a best friend. I won't steal away your happiness, dear. I just want her to be the perfect girl for you, also a perfect wife and mother for your children in the future.

 

Jonghyun......listen.... I'll give up my whole life if that what makes you happy. I'll give up my life if that's the only way to see my best friend's smile again. And if my time come, I wish to have you by my side for the last time.. I love you, best friend :) What makes this friendship a special relation is to have you as my best friend, Jongie.

 

I wished for you to have your happiness after I'm gone. I wished to see you smiling again after this..and this might be the last letter I wanted to give to you, after this..I won't be bothering you and your girl again, Jongie ahh.. I promise :) 

 

Love, Almighty Key

 

 

Jonghyun slumped down on his knees. He lost his balance and immediately fell down, the letter was still in his hands. He screamed Key's name in the night sky. Didn't bother about the people who was standing there, confused by Jonghyun's action. He regreted everything he had done..he punched the road and he didn't feel any pain at all. Of course, Key had the most pain. He cursed himself for being so stupid. He knew Key since he was just a boy and he knew his girlfriend for just 10 minutes. Key's love lost by the girl's love? He had disappointed his best friend and he would never forgive himself. 

 

The rain started to pour, washing away the blood-covered road. Pouring Jonghyun with his own guiltiness. Key will never come back. No matter how hard he cries...Key's gone..

 

 

'Love might be the first thing in your list of life...but remember, friendship is your shelter before the embrace of the love.'

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, is it good? Please respone :) Kamsahamnida..! Love Sorrotasy. Sorry for the error! :D