Meeting

Soulmate

Despite feeling like a third wheel, Jongdae found himself having fun; he really enjoyed Joonmyun's and Yixing's company. He noticed how their glances would linger and how the smiles got brighter whenever they looked at each other; he wondered when would they notice they were in love. Jongdae would be happy if they got together, in fact, he would be the first to raise his arms to the heaves and scream "FINALLY!" when that happens.

*  ~  *

It was getting kind of late so they decided to part ways. Joonmyun and Yixing happily sharing an ice cream cone with their pinkies linked. Jongdae smiled, he didn't get to raise his arms to the heavens, but at least he got to shout "FINALLY!" when Joonmyun confessed his feelings to Yixing after the latter gave him a kiss...

(later when Jongdae would ask him why, Yixing would smile his dimpled smile and answer with an "I got tired of waiting").

Jongdae laughed out loud at Joonmyun's dumbfounded expression after being kissed.

He was still laughing happily, even when he got to the bus stop to catch the last bus home. He didn't notice the tuft of orange hair getting in the same bus as him.

*  ~  *  ~  *

Jongdae opened the door to his apartment and got in, taking his coat and his shoes off in the process. He heaved a painful sigh when silence greeted him. He yearned for someone to welcome him home with a hug, a kiss and a "How was your day?"; but it seemed that it wouldn't happen in the near future.

Nothing, no one seemed to catch his attention, and when he got to know someone, he discovered they weren't interested in the kind of relationship he wanted, like with that guy, Kyungsoo; he felt content with the wide eyed boy and he thought it was going to work; but when the two of them went to a dance competition

("Just for fun" Kyungsoo had said with that dazzling smile of his and Jongdae couldn't bring himself to say no)

...and Jongdae noticed the gazed look Kyungsoo was giving to a contestant with tanned skin...

(and the looks said boy was giving to Kyungsoo)

Jongdae decided to end their relationship because really, he prefered to end it like this and not end up with a broken heart. Kyungsoo was sad, yes, but he respected his now ex-boyfriend's decision and they parted ways.

Speaking of Kyungsoo, he saw him two months ago on his way to work; he was holding hands with the tanned skin dancer, Jongin, he believed his name was. Kyungsoo semmed happy, so Jongdae felt happy for him.

He sighed again and threw himself in the couch, the day's events finally catching up with him and he felt really tired. He closed his eyes, not wanting to get up nor having the energy to do so; he knew he was going to get up later with his back in pain, but right now he couldn't care less.

He was starting to doze off when the sound of his bell ringing startled him. Grumbling, he got up from the couch and went to open the door, yawning widely and scratching his belly.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by a chubby cheeked boy with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life. His heart started beating faster, his palms were sweaty and his eyes opened wide in surprise (they could give Kyungsoo's eyes a run for his money) when he realized that this was the same boy he had run into at the night market.

Swallowing the sudden lump that had formed in his throat at the sight of the smiling boy, who couldn't take his eyes away from his face (not that he was complaining, but it was a little weird); he cleared his throat and in a croaky voice asked the man:

-"Hello? How may I help you?" - Jongdae facepalmed himself in his mind for sounding so lame.

The man just smiled his adorable smile, his chubby cheeks looking bigger in the process, and opened his mouth to say:

-"Hi! My name is Kim Minseok and I'm your soulmate"

Jongdae just stood there, watching the Minseok guy with a confused expression on his face.

-"I'm sorry, what?"

-"I said... My name is Minseok and I'm your soulmate"

Jongdae blinked and shut the door in Kim Minseok's face.


A/N: Cliffhanger! hahaha ^^ Sorry for the short chapter orz But next one would totally compensate it (I hope OTL)

I got all this planned out, so don't worry. I want the relationship to develop slowly, because it's not like someone turns up at your door saying he/she is your soulmate and you jump at them and... yeah xD

This will not happen here, Jongdae is kind of... more rational and has to think things through and all that stuff.

But, despair not, my lovely readers, this will have a totally fluffy (and probably ty) ending.

I really hope you keep reading and please tell me what you think! I would love to read what you think about this so far.

XiuChen is L.O.V.E ~

~PepperPumpkin