Torn- oneshot

Torn

You and Taec have been married for 3 years. You've known each other for longer. In high school nobody would have thought you guys will be together. He's the loud kind. The one always surrounded by friends. May it be a man or woman he attracted them to him as If a magnet is attached to his hip. Ever ready smile and a never ending source of energy. He made people laugh, though not the brightest of the bunch he always made it up with effort and persistence.

You on the other hand may seem like the opposite end of the spectrum. You were not introverted you just treasure your alone time. It gives you time to think. You may be a nerd but not more awkward than any other high school student. Pretty but you would rather study than have your hair done. 

Opposite poles you may seem so when Taec approached you for the senior dance, let's just say you were not the only one surprised. You were aware of his existence and also of how popular he is with the ladies. You had your own share of suitors but you know that most of the boys talk about you lacking the ability to smile. He came to you at lunch by the bleachers where you prefer to take the hour that's supposed to be free time. Reading your book, he produced a fake cough trying to get your attention. You're the only one there. Your friend Karen was in the cafeteria getting both of you guys a bite. As soon as you lifted your head you not only saw Taec , but all the eyes staring at you. He was standing there with his dorky smile as usual but his eyes were not as confident. Is Ok Taecyeon shy? This observation got you off tract and it took a couple of moments for it to sink in that he was holding a big bouquet of roses on his left hand. "Will you go out to the dance with me?" Bullets of sweat visible in his forehead, you could hear his breathing was shallow. You've never seen him in this state and you don't know if you are speechless on the fact you're witnessing this or that he IS asking you out. Karen appeared suddenly beside you "yes, yes she will go to the dance with you". Not a moment sooner as she probably noticed he's starting to turn blue from holding his breath as he awaits your reply, you just nodded unaware of exactly what happened. His toothy grin returned "I'll call you" and  the walked off. You went to the dance with him you hit it off, apart from the expectation of the people around you, especially the girls of his unofficial fanclub. He was rash as they come but you could feel that he genuinely likes you. He's adorable giving you surprises all the time. There may be some missing connection but you found that he completes you. He presents what you lack. The spontaneity, the excitement that's what he presented. You were aware of the fact that you may never have experienced things you did if it wasn't for him. When you would rather read about places and plan your every step. He took you on an almost back- packing trip to Thailand. He cheered you when you're down and have clearly voiced that he hated it when you frowned. He took it upon himself that this should never happen.

On the other hand, it made you uncomfortable at times. And no matter how long you've been together you still prefer to have days to yourself. It irks him you know. But he's slowly accepting that. Still stubborn he won't budge on things like spending your days off out.

This man who is the total opposite of you yet seem to match you so well. You could never finish each other's statements but could always give a new side to things. You ask him why he loves you, he just says "because I love you" he doesn't make up cheesy lines or promise you stars but you know when you look in his eyes, it is not a lie.

You both went to college and he really did his best to get accepted to the one you wanted to go to. He went into Business
Management as he is poised to follow his father's footsteps. It was a small business but like him his patents knew how to treat people well. You always loved Biology and have plans on joining research someday. 

On graduation day in front of all the graduates. He went on his knees and asked for your hand. Leave it to Ok Taecyeon to do things with a bang! You were happy. You loved him and you know you cannot imagine life without him. You said yes, and the crowd cheered for both of you.

It's now been 3 years, you have your fights but still find each other holding hands at the end of the day. You've gotten used to more things, how unorganized his things are and the way he leaves dirty clothes around the hamper but never inside it still leaves you to wonder if he realizes that it should be inside and not around. Things were comfortable. Things couldn't be better.

You just got promoted to the position you have been eyeing for the longest time. With this a new team under you. There is a new guy, his name was Junsu. At first the other members of the team dis nothing but badmouth him. He was quiet, just did his job. They keep on saying that he just got the position because his aunt was one of the lead scientist, and this was not a lie.

During one of our trials we were placed on a halt and if it wasn't for the new guy's ingenious idea we could have thrown months worth of labor down the drain. He apparently was top of his class, this fact just surfaced while we were referencing one other trial done by young scientist that was a contender for TOSP of my Batch. So sad that I didn't even reference that when I was the one who shared a room with her for weeks. She was so eager about it that I could recite even the subject's defining characteristics as they were all she talked about. Junsu was a member of the year next. Just a couple of months younger. 

This changed a lot of people's perception of him. Not that he cared. He came there because he loved to do this and gain enough experience that maybe someday he can spearhead a research because ideas he does not lack.

We ended up spending breaks together, we apparently had a lot of common interest. We had the same taste in music. A lot of the same authors. We started spending time together in some days off too. I found myself lying to Teac. Something I've never done before. 

We're just friends plus he knows I'm married, we just really enjoyed each other's company. Taec trusted me and let me go to these excursions as long as I get home safe he tells me that's all he cares about.

"Babe don't you think it's time for us to try conceiving" this came out of the blue. You both agreed to wait and he knows this project you're working on  has  you covered neck deep.without warning you snapped at him " you don't understand, I have dreams too and that doesn't go away just because I married you". You wanted to shoot yourself after hearing this come out of your mouth. Taec did not deserve this. He has always been so supportive. No matter how many times your in-laws pressed the issue with him being the only boy to carry on the Ok name, he always shielded you stating it's for you two to decide when is the right time. You could see the hurt in his eyes. When did you become such a person. Your husband have been the same loving person. It seems it's you that changed. The conversation ended with him not saying a word more. 


Junsu was in the hallway waiting for you. You smiled as soon as you saw him you were going to see the Picasso exhibit that just came in town. You mentioned it to him and he was thrilled to see it as much as you. "Taec never liked these things", you reasoned to yourself, despite the fact that he was not the first person that came to mind when you found out about it. You had dinner in the new sushi place in town, you were unsettled, you're not doing anything wrong, you reminded yourself. But you were scared. Are you having too much fun apart from your husband's company. When you got home Taec hugged you said he was sorry, he knew you were busy and he asked so suddenly, that he was just happy to be with you and that having children should be what you both want. He insist that it was selfish of him. Hearing those words were like daggers in your soul, is it really because you're busy or afraid that once that happens, that's it you'll be with him. But why, pressing yourself at even having such heinous thoughts. You are married of course you are to spend together forever. That's what the ring in your left finger signified. There's a war inside your head, Taec pulled to see your face kissed you deeply and caressed your hair. "I think we're both stressed, I know this is pushing it but can you please spend the day with me tomorrow my lovely wife" it was both your day off and you nodded in reply. You woke up to the smell of breakfast and fresh coffee, this was followed by a day in the beach, he even did the preparation all you had to do was get on the passenger side of your suv. But your mind was somewhere else. You got home and received a message it was Junsu informing you of some trouble they found with the project. You informed your husband he hugged you and even presented to bring you to work and just pick you up after. You said it might be one of those all nighters as you are really close to your deadline. " I'll make you coffee while you change" you don't know why but this got you really irritated. 

You got in the facility surprised that nobody was there. On your way our you were furiously dialing Junsu's number. He picked up after 3 rings and was surprised  when someone hugged you from the back you were about to scream when an echoing voice both from the receiver and behind you resonated. "I missed you". You closed your eyes and listened to your heartbeat faster, the heat where his arms are around your waist. "I know you spent the day with him, it took every single bit of me from following you. I have no right I know that, but please let me hold you, just a little while. Please".
You followed him to his car as he guided you holding to your Hand lightly. As if telling you that you can run, run away if you chose to, but you didn't. He took you to his apartment, a small space and in a corner a keyboard in place. It was dimly lit. He lighted some candles and poured wine that was chilling in the corner. You exchanges glances, fully aware of his presence  but afraid to really look. You still don't know wHat you're doing here, it's just it felt right. He sat in front of his keyboard and started singing you a song. Mr. Kim Junsu was not only the most interesting man you've met but he has an angelic voice as well. Once again your heart raced, the lyrics,  one you've never heard before. "I made that for you" he  confessed. 

He sat beside you, some of the alcohol getting you a little dizzy, you're really a light drinker. At that moment he was so beautiful. The flickering of the candles in the background makes you wonder if you are dreaming,he hugged you, apologized for putting you in the position. He said he will never let you choose, but please allow him to love you. It had been s long day he held you tight,and you fell asleep. 

You woke up with a banging on the door. You know you shouldn't be there but you didn't know what to do. He must have lifted you to be bed and as you peeked he was lying with just his pajama bottoms on the sofa. You had all your clothes on. And was positive nothing of that sort happened last night. The door clicked and she barged in, your senior from work, a.k.a his aunt. In your previous conversations you found out that even though there is just 10 years between them he grew up with her being almost a mother to him ever since his parents died. She helped him through school and it took a lot for her to agree with him moving out and for that he had to provide her a copy of  his keys. Your heart was racing even though you hid yourself as soon as she opened the door. Both your arms was sweaty, you felt sick to your stomach. She knew your husband, even commented what a beautiful couple you are. You could hear her, "did you have a visitor, you should have told me , I hope she's still asleep". He always mentioned how cool she was but does a 180 when it's a matter of protecting him. Then suddenly your phone rang, sending a loud noise behind the door. She turned around and noticed your bag, you have your id just clipped to the side because you thought you needed it for access last night. "who is in there!" she yelled. Her steps heavy and deliberate and you could sense it getting closer to your direction. You could hear Junsu pleading, "Please auntie let me handle this". As she opened the door her face laden with disgust, she turned her head and looked at her barely clothed nephew. "It's not what you think he continued". "Is she the one you were talking about, she's married Junsu! married!". "You" she turned "You should be ashamed of yourself". She stormed off, Junsu covered his face and said sorry. Both in opposite corners of the room you opened your mouth to speak "I can't do this". He faced you looking intently in your eyes, and as he drew near your biggest hope was for him to tell you you were wrong.
Sent from my iPhone