Hamster and Destiny

My LOVE, My Destiny (Short Story)

 

Sunggyu and Nishi have been married for 5 years now with 2 babies. They were happily living together.

 

One Sunday morning Nishi decided to fix their house since her son daughter would be staying on Sunggyu’s mother for the mean time. Sunggyu was also at home so he helped her.

 

Sunggyu was fixing things needed for repair while Nishi was busy cleaning and disposing unneeded items.

 

While Nishi was cleaning inside her shared bedroom with Sunggyu she saw a familiar old box under their bed.

 

“I haven’t seen this in ages” Nishi said with a smile.

 

She carefully opened the box and there he saw a familiar old photo of a child and a withered baby breath flower.

 

While she was busy examining the old things. Sunggyu went inside the room and saw her gazing at an old photo.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat for Nishi to acknowledge him. Nishi looked up to him and smiled at her handsome husband.

 

“Hey” Sunggyu said with a smiled as she pecked Nishi’s lips. They were still to sweet even though they were already married for 5 years.

 

“Hey” Nishi smiled back.

 

“What are you doing baby? What is that you’re holding?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“Oh? You mean this?” Sunggyu nodded.

 

“This is an old picture of someone I have waited for so long, and this baby breath is also a memory of someone I have loved when I was a child. Silly right? I know. I was still 2 years old that time” Nishi smiled while reminiscing the memories of her cute childhood.

 

“Care to tell me the story then baby? I have a lot of time” Sunggyu said as she held her wife’s hand.

 

 

 


FLASHBACK…#1 (NISHI’s POV)

 

“I was 2 and a half years old that time when my nanny and I went to the park near our house. I wanted ice cream so much so my nanny went somewhere to buy me a cone of ice cream. I was left there alone playing. I was really shocked when I saw a caterpillar crawling towards me. I did not know what to do, so being a little girl I am I just cried and cried.

 

When I peeked on where I saw the caterpillar I saw a small boy he was older than me I think. He was holding a stick and he flicked the caterpillar away from me. I stopped crying after that.

 

The little boy approached me. I still remember that smile of his. He was so cute and his little eyes reminds me of you so much baby” I smiled at Sunggyu who was listening to me with a lot of interest. Then I continued.

 

“He faced me and wiped my tears. I asked him who he was. He said just call me “Hamster”. When he was about to play with me her mom came and fetched him but before he went he handed me this baby breathe.

 

I was so young that time and I really believed that Hamster was my first love. He was so cute and he saved me from that disgusting caterpillar. But that was it, we never met again” I ended my story with a smile.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK…


 

“So you loved that hamster of yours more than me baby?” Sunggyu said with a pout.

 

“Awww, is my baby jealous now? Hamster was my first love. But you are my first love, my first real love baby” I said and kissed him.

 

“Of course you do, what about that babe?” Sunggyu pointed to the old photo left inside the box.

 

“That is another story baby” Nishi smiled.

 

“I’m all ears” Sunggyu said.

 


FLASHBACK #2…

 

 

“This time I was 5 years old, I had never seen hamster since that day but I was still waiting for that time that I would see him again.

 

I was at the same park again. Playing with my new doll my mom gave to me. Actually we are not living here anymore but my mom had to talk to our old neighbor so I asked her if I can go with her. When we arrived I asked my nanny to come with me to the park.

 

While I was busy playing I saw a photo hidden on the bushes. Maybe someone dropped it. It was a photo of a baby boy much older than me who looks like hamster so much.

 

I picked up the photo and looked at it. He really looks like hamster because of his eyes, though the boy from the picture is older than hamster.

 

I flipped the photo and a letter was written in it.

 

 

It says…

 

 

 

 

 

LOVE,

Yes, whoever would get this picture of mine would be my destiny.

I left it here waiting for you…

I hope we will find each other someday…

 

FROM: Your destiny

 

 

 

I hid the photo inside my bag and believed that my Destiny would really be him. I’ve waited for him, but of course that was just a joke. Who would believe that I will find that boy in the photo who says that he was my destiny, when I do not even know him or even his name.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK…


 

 

“Hmmm, so I was your third love then?” Sunggyu joked.

 

“Well, yes… I waited for hamster and destiny to comeback but they never did show up again.” Nishi joked back.

 

“Come to think of it, where did we first meet again?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“OWWW! How can I forget that we met at the same park 5 years ago” Nishi said surprised.

 

“I was too late then; Hamster and Destiny came to you first. But they are weak, I did became your husband and not any of them” Sunggyu said and hugged Nishi tighter.

 

“I know baby, they were just a part of my beautiful childhood” Nish said as she nuzzled on Sunggyu’s neck.

 

“Do I really look like Hamster?” Sunggyu asked.

 

 

Nishi looked up at Sunggyu’s face and traced his face with her hands.

 

“You do have the same cute eyes baby, that’s what I remember about him” Nishi said.

 

Sunggyu just nodded.

 

“I will show you something once we fetch our babies to mom’s house tomorrow” Sunggyu said as they continued with their house cleaning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY… ON SUNGGYU’S MOM’S HOUSE…

“So what are you going to show me baby?” Nishi asked.

 

“Come with me” Sunggyu said as he led Nishi to her old room.

 

“I wanted to show you my old baby pictures” Sunggyu smiled widely. Nishi was clueless. She did not know why Sunggyu wanted to suddenly show her, her childhood pictures.

 

“Here is my photo when I was 3 and this when I was 6” Sunggyu said as he handed 2 old photos to Nishi.

 

“Wait” Nishi said sounding surprised.

 

“why?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“You… You are hamster and destiny????” Nishi whispered. She cannot believe what she is seeing now.

 

“Yes, I guess so” Sunggyu said shyly. He rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“How? How? How can this happen? OH MY GOD!” Nishi said flabbergasted.

 

Sunggyu hugged Nishi from behind.

 

“You know I never thought that I would ever see you again baby, the baby breath… I remember that day clearly when I saw a cute little girl crying and I made her stop. I call myself hamster that time because that is what they tease me. They said that I look like a hamster because of my eyes. I have been secretly watching you in the park since that day… Guess, you were my little crush back then. But after how many days I never did see you again” Sunggyu said still back hugging Nishi. Who was already crying?

 

“Shhh, don’t cry. After 3 years. I came back to the same park holding my photo. How silly of me. I wrote something at the back of the photo with my sloppy handwriting. I know I was silly back there but I was really hoping to see you again, but you were not there anymore. So I just dropped the photo hoping that you will be the one to pick it up”

 

Nishi still cannot believe this. She thought that she would never find Destiny and Hamster but who would think that he most beloved husband was actually her first and second love.

 

“When I saw you holding the baby breathe and photo the other day, I cannot believe what I have just seen so I let you tell me the story. I was trying to hide my happiness and amusement until today”

 

“Gosh KIM SUNGGYU you really are the one for me” Nishi smiled.

 

“Yes My Nishi you are the only one for me”

 

“You were MY SAVIOR, MY HAMSTER, MY DESTINY, MY KIM SUNGGYU and my most handsome HUSBAND”

 

Nishi said as the shared a sweet, romantic kiss.

 

 

THE END