Fin

My Sweetest Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…if you fall for me by doing so, I can’t be held liable.”

 

I

 

Unsteady strides, unsure steps.

Eyesight starting to blur, but she has to keep on walking until she gets into her own car.

Damn Alcohol.

It is years when she last tasted it, and now it has been a show off its abilities to her.

She naturally has high alcohol tolerance.

But not TONIGHT. She drank real hard that it intoxicated her senses. She felt lightheaded to the point that she needed go out of the bar.

Just a little more, she cheered herself.

She saw her familiar black Audi. Stupid. How the hell would you drive that damned car of yours if you’re too drunk? She scolded herself at the realization.

She changed her mind. She would just sit down at the bench near her car. Yes, yes. I’ll do that. Maybe I’ll get better later.

I’ll never drink again, damn it.

This should be a reminder that it won’t be helpful for me. She thought.

She slumped on the bench. Fortunately, there is no one at that place, just cars. Open Parking.

Again, her eyesight blurred.

Not because of alcohol, she drank earlier, but because of the tears forming in her eyes.

Earlier, she tried stopping it because she’s alone and people might think she’s going crazy drinking alone and crying. Aside from the fact that it will cloud her vision, her eyeglasses will get wet.

She just can’t stop now.

Alcohol temporarily numbed her senses, but the PAIN is still there.

Why it has to be always me? She asked herself.

“Take this,” she suddenly got up when heard that. Why didn’t she feel this man beside her?

I’m sure I am alone.

“Take this,” he repeated, offering a black handkerchief to her. “Tears may be beautiful, but if its pain, I don’t want to see them.”

For a moment, she tried to see his face under the faint moonlight. But it was dark and her eyes are blurry.

“Who are you?” she put on mind what color of his clothes is. Black. I bet he’s handsome, she thought with that voice earlier. Oh my. I’m sure of it.

 The man let out a small laugh. “I’m Kris. How about you?”

“Shou Huan.” She said in daze. “What kind of name is that?”

“A unique one, baby.” Now she can see his face. Like she was thinking. He’s devastatingly handsome!

“You don’t need to praise me baby. I know it.”

Eh, what is he saying? She thought, looking at him weirdly.

“What is that enchanting smell you’re wearing?” he asked.

“You call the scent of alcohol enchanting? Are you nuts?” Why am I even talking to this guy? He’s handsome, okay. But he’s still a stranger.

“No. The one you’re wearing before you went here to drink.”

“Victoria’s Secret,” she replied. I should go home now.

“Oh, so that’s it. Why don’t you rest first? I bet drinking earlier would make it hard for you to drive. And you can confide to me too, you know.” Why does it seem like he knows what I’m thinking?

“Why would I open up to you?”

“Because you need someone to talk to.”

 

 

 

II

 

“Okay, the place looks nice. White everywhere.” Her eyes surveyed the whole room. It was dim-lighted and all windows layered with thick curtains. “But where the heck I am?” Shou Huan loudly spoke to herself as soon as she put on her eyeglasses. “This isn’t my room.”

“Because it’s mine, baby,” a familiar voice startled her, making her clutch the sheets wrapped around her body.

N-? She gulped when she felt the satin sheets directly her skin, which proved her thought.

Her eyes immediately flew to the half- man standing in front of the mirror, wiping his hair with a white towel.

Ohmygod! “Did I, did we—“

“No, we didn’t.” from the mirror, she saw his reflection, looking at her too. His reddish-brown eyes gleaming in amusement. “Well, I wish we did. But I don’t screw an unconscious woman, I prefer you to be awake when we do it, honey.”

She swore she went red from the roots of her hair to her face.

Why?

There was no doubt that he was teasing her with the seductive overtone but she didn’t even found his words malicious in nature, instead, his voice sounded so sensual. She swore in her twenty-three years of existence, she felt wanted with his words whatever it might mean.

But who is he?

Why is she ?

How did she end up with him?

He took his seat at the edge of the bed, not too far away from her. “I’m Kris. We met last night…Oh no, just this midnight at the parking. We are talking, and then you fell asleep. I don’t know where your home is, so I brought you here at my place. You vomited when we came here, ending up dirty. So I took your clothes off and—“

“You took my clothes off?” she cut him off shocked. No one have see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter