Love From Afar

First Love

 

 

              I was rushing through the hallways as I make my way to the rooftop. Students aren’t allowed up there but I would do anything just to get a glimpse of him.

 

              I watched as students from below, all walking towards the school building. I looked at my wrist watch and look at the time; 7:10. I quickly whipped my head towards the gate, finally getting to see him.

 

              A huge smile was plastered on his gorgeous face as he head-lock Ryeowook while his other friends laughed. I smiled at the sight as I could feel my head beat fast. I placed my fist at my chest feeling my heart as I watched him get in the building with his friends.

 

              My heart suddenly sunk when I saw a beautiful long black haired girl came running towards them and stopped exactly at him. I frowned when I saw his face lit up at the sight of the girl, but I can’t help but smile as well seeing him happy despite I was feeling hurt that it wasn’t me he was smiling about.

 

              I walked down the stairs but stay put in my place as I waited for him and his friends to walk by towards their club room. I saw his back and happily watched him. But this would be the time when Sungmin; his close friend turns to look at my direction but I quickly hid back about four seconds before resume looking at him again with a soft smile.

 

              I kept smiling as I head down to the 2nd to get to my class. That’s my everyday routine since I started here as a freshmen. It’s been my everyday task, to watch Cho Kyuhyun; a senior early in the morning and later when classes end.

 

              I slumped down on my desk and rested my chin on my hand as I just stared blankly at the board.

 

              “You met up with your prince?” My friend Seo Yoon jokingly asked as she giggled.

 

              I looked at her and smiled, “He becomes more handsome everyday~” My mind suddenly pops out an image of him while smiling.

 

              “Seriously, it’s been 2 years and he’s the first guy you ever like. Why not confess to him? You know he’s graduating this year.” She rolled her eyes but looked at me with sift expression.

 

              That’s true; Kyuhyun is the 1st guy I ever liked in my entire life. Never have I felt like this; it was foreign to me. Not even with my neighbor Donghae; who’s even more perfect than Kyuhyun but still its Kyuhyun my heart beats for.

 

              “No! I-I-I-I can’t… No, not, no,” I blushed really hard as I shyly but vigorously shook my head.

 

              I heard her sigh and just give up on persuading me. Even though I really, really like him… correction, I love him for almost 2 years now, I can’t confess… I don’t have the guts. He doesn’t even know I exist.

 

              My first love and all I can do is watching him from a far in silence.

 

 

              Next day came and for once I was running a little late for my routine. I over slept and I was literally rushing out of my house and running towards school and quickly head to the rooftop. I was panting really hard as I leaned at the railing as I start to look down towards all the students.

 

              I checked my watch; 7:20. I looked surprised and quickly scanned the gates and all the students down below.

 

              “Did he already arrive?” I asked myself and head down the stairs and walked by their club room window if he’s inside. To my dismay, he wasn’t there but his friends were. Where is he? He never miss a club meeting before? I thought worriedly.

 

              I walked back up the stairs to the rooftop with heavy heart. I leaned back to the railing and sighed loudly and felt anxious.

 

              “Where are you? I hope you’re not sick.” I mumbled loudly while staring down below just in case he was running late.

 

 

              “Nice view… You could see everything up here.” I heard the most melodic voice I’ve ever heard. It was like music to my ears whilst my heart started thumping as it filled my ears and my cheeks burning up.

 

              I slowly turned and saw, not other than the guy I’ve been secretly watching from afar; my first love. I tried blinking multiple as I saw him stand in front of me like it was a dream.

 

              “I’m Cho Kyuhyun,” He offered his hand. I just started at it and I ever so wanted to say ‘Yes, I know’ but I prevented myself from doing that; I’ll only sound creepy if I did that.

 

              “Oh… I’m Park Min Jae,” I nervously said as I shook his hand. He looked at me with those soft brown eyes of his. I felt his big gentle hand gently squeezed mine.

 

              “I know.”

 

              I looked at him stunned to what I just heard. Am I dreaming? He knows me? I thought as I just watch him smile at me.

 

              “I always had that feeling that an angel was watching me from above.” He looked at me; right into my eyes. If I was ice I would have melted in seconds.

 

              “Y-you knew?” I squeaked.

 

              “I’ve always liked you from the day you bumped into me, on your first day.” With those words I was left speechless and unconsciously smiled.

 

              Best feeling of being in love for the first time?

 

              The very first person you ever love loves you back. A perfect first love story.

 

====================================================================

FIN~

 

My first One-Shot Story is DONE. :D