Final

I'm Here For You

uhm. no comment. oh wait. brothership is just a word that i created. i dont think it's real...but i liked how it sounded. 

 


Everyone has favorites.

 

Whether it’s a favorite book, a favorite friend, a favorite teacher, a favorite song, a favorite band, and so on and so forth.

 

Of course there’s no difference when it comes to Yoongi.

 

Although he’d never blatantly admit it to the others, Yoongi has a favorite member. And that member happens to be none other than Jung Hoseok. Now, it’s not because they’re close in age, or because they’re both rappers, but Hoseok shows how much he cares for Yoongi in more ways than the rest of the group. He displays his affection for the elder through little actions that shouldn’t make that much of a difference.

 

But they do. Those little actions make all the difference.

 

Sometimes Yoongi likes to stay late at the recording studio. Usually Namjoon and Hoseok tag along, but on some occasions, they leave the elder to himself and that’s fine by him. He enjoys putting all his effort into making that one perfect song just for his ARMYs. But it does take a toll.

 

All those hours spent perfecting those beats and those lyrics keep him locked up in the studio until the early hours of the morning. Later than midnight, but earlier than dawn. And when he comes home, he always finds a little Tupperware of that night’s leftovers on the counter specifically for him. With it, there’s always a note attached with handwriting that reminds him so much of a certain, hopeful dongsaeng and he can never help the smile that creeps onto his face.

 

There are also other times when Yoongi can’t seem to make it to his bed and ends up falling asleep on the couch. But whenever he wakes up, there’s a blanket that belongs to Jung Hoseok placed neatly on top of his body and a glass of water next to him on the coffee table. As he snuggles deeper into the younger’s blanket, his heart flutters and beats just a bit faster, though he doesn’t quite know why.

 

And of course, Hoseok is just always there for him. He’s the one Yoongi is able to talk to and vent his worries and frustrations to. Sure, he has Namjoon and Jin too, but Hoseok is different. He really listens and he really tries to help the elder in a way that the other two don’t know how.

 

Hoseok gets him.

 

He goes deeper and tries to relate to the situation.

 

He understands.

 

He’s stands out from the rest.

 

Yoongi doesn’t know what it is about the younger that makes him so comforting, but there’s something there. Unlike anyone else, Hoseok can make him laugh without even really trying. He can make Yoongi feel at home and at ease whenever they’re together. They fit perfectly. They match each other’s personalities well and for the most part, they can be together 24/7 without so much as an awkward silence.

 

Yoongi likes to think that maybe they’re soul mates but not in a romantic way because that’s his band mate and only his band mate. Or at least so he thinks. He considers Hoseok as his true, one and only best friend. Not only is he his best friend, but the dancer is his haven, his sanctuary, his home, his rock. Hoseok is always there to keep Yoongi grounded and calm. So that’s why he is not expecting to come home and see a distraught Hoseok pacing around the living room, looking as though he would break down into tears right then and there.

 

Immediately, Yoongi’s instincts kick in as he hastily makes his way to the younger, placing his hands gently on his shoulders.

 

“Hoseok-ah, what’s wrong?”

 

Hoseok’s eyes go wide and his expression falters for a little. “Ah, hyung, I didn’t hear you come in,” A small smile quickly appears on his face and his eyes form soft crescents. “How was your recording session?”

 

But Yoongi is not someone who gets distracted easily.

 

“Yah, it doesn’t matter how it went. What’s wrong? You’re never usually awake when I come home…”

 

“I don’t feel really good right now. I think the chicken was undercooked; you probably shouldn’t eat the leftovers, just saying. Come on, let’s go to bed.” Hoseok casually tries to brush it off and grabs the elder’s hand to lead him to their bedroom, but Yoongi is persistent and stays rooted to his spot, frowning at the other.

 

“You’re lying.”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“Stop lying to me right now, Jung Hoseok.”

 

Hoseok’s mouth instantly shuts because Yoongi never says his full name, no matter what.

 

“Hyung-“

 

Yoongi holds up a finger to keep him quiet and gently steers the younger to take a seat on the couch so they could have a proper conversation. Even though he’s older, he rarely gets the chance to comfort Hoseok because he’s never had many problems. Hoseok has always been the one to take care of him and not the opposite way around. So now he’s making sure he does this right.

 

“Okay. Talk to me.”

 

The rapper closes his eyes and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits for the answer that should be coming but isn’t. He cracks his eye open and sees Hoseok twiddling his fingers with a saddened look on his face. It breaks Yoongi’s heart because this is his hopeful and always smiley dongsaeng; it’s eccentric seeing him without a dumb look on his face.

 

Slowly, Yoongi reaches his hands out to grab the younger’s and at that action, their eyes meet. “Hoseok, please, tell me what’s wrong.” The latter looks away and uncharacteristically whispers, “I don’t wanna talk about it right now, hyung. Please respect that.”

 

Yoongi is thoroughly confused because even when Hoseok had occasional problems in the past, he never shied away from talking to him about it. If anything, he was more than willing to tell everything to the elder.

 

It’s frustrating.

 

He wants to know why his best friend seems so heartbroken, but at the same time, he wants to respect the other’s wishes. He purses his lips and his eyebrows furrow.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it? I mean, I won’t force you if you don’t want to, but I really want to help you.” The elder observes his face, looking for any indication that he’ll give up and just start talking, but to his dismay, Hoseok nods his head lightly and leans back into the couch.

 

Yoongi heaves out a heavy sigh and leans back with him as well. “Alright, well, let’s just sleep then.”

As he shifts into a more comfortable position, he turns and sees Hoseok’s innocent and tear-filled eyes. A pain strikes his heart as he gives the younger a soft and, hopefully, comforting smile. The dancer smiles back, settling even deeper into the couch. Yoongi looks down at their hands, Hoseok’s are still underneath his, and he separates them only to intertwine the two properly. He then gently pushes Hoseok’s head onto his right shoulder so that he becomes a makeshift pillow for him. Hesitantly, Yoongi rests his head on top of the younger’s and closes the distance between them just a little more.

 

He can feel the fatigue slowly creeping up on him as his eyes start to flutter shut, body relaxing and breath slowing down to a steady pace. As he’s falling deeper into his subconscious, he feels fingers caressing the back of his hand. He likes it. It feels real nice. He can barely register that they’ve stopped when his mind starts to go blank and he gives into that overpowering slumber. Soon enough, he’s off and enters his dreamland, but just before he completely slips under, he swears he feels a soft pair of lips touch his right jaw line.

 

Or perhaps that’s just part of his dream.

 

 

 

Sun shines brightly through the semi-closed curtains and onto the face of poor Yoongi. Disturbed from his sleep, he inhales deeply through his nose, eyes fluttering open while doing so, and turns his face to the right. Immediately, his sight is filled with an angel. Well, it’s only Hoseok, but with the way the sun is shining, Yoongi things that maybe Hoseok could’ve been an angel in a past life.

 

The younger grins at him with a grin that’s specifically for the elder. It’s gentle and comforting and full of those pearly white teeth.

 

And in this moment, Yoongi realizes that his smile is truly a gift from the gods.

 

It’s perfection.

 

He doesn’t know what leads him to make this decision. Maybe it’s something in the air or maybe it’s something that should’ve happened a long time ago. But soon enough, Yoongi is leaning closer to the other, breaking the barrier between them, and continues leaning until a familiar pair of soft lips meet his own.

 

He half expects the younger to pull away because his lips are still unmoving against his and his body remains tense; however, slowly but surely, those lips begin to mesh with his and suddenly it’s like watching fireworks on the fourth of July. Their kiss isn’t rough, nor is it passionate, but it’s the kind of kiss that has butterflies flying frantically in both of their stomachs. It’s the kind of kiss that is used when no words can be said. It’s the kind of kiss that has Yoongi realize how much he’s been waiting for this exact moment. And how he wants more moments like it for the rest of his life.

 

Yoongi really wants this- no.

 

Yoongi really wants Hoseok and he’s hoping this is the younger saying he wants him too.

 

The elder is the first to pull away, his lack of oxygen was beginning to make the room spin- or maybe it was just another affect from their shared kiss.

 

He’s panting softly and when he opens his eyes, he sees that Hoseok is panting too, a dazed look gracing his face. Yoongi can’t help but laugh because everything just feels so much lighter than before. It feels as though a weight has been lifted off his shoulder. He wonders if Hoseok feels the same way.

 

“So. Are you gonna tell me what was wrong with you last night now or what?”

 

Hoseok bites his lip shyly whilst looking down and Yoongi thinks it’s the third cutest thing he’s seen in his entire lifespan- the first is Hoseok’s face after their previous kiss, the second would be Hoseok’s face while he’s asleep and now that he thinks about it, everything he thinks is cute has something to do with Hoseok.

 

The younger looks up and stares directly into the elder’s eyes, “Hyung, do you love me?”

 

The question is so unexpected that Yoongi nearly bursts out laughing, but no Yoongi, no laughing when he’s finally opening up to you.

 

“Idiot, of course I love you.” He ruffles the other’s hair, earning him an annoyed whine and he smirks in success.

 

“I don’t think you know-“

 

“I know what you mean Hoseok-ah. Trust me, I love you. More than you can imagine.” And that’s what it was all those times. It was love. It is love. Everything he feels towards the younger is love. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

Hoseok looks at the elder with uncertain eyes, “Really? Like you really mean it?” The elder nods back at him. “Are you 100% positive?” Again, a nod is given. Then- becoming the fourth cutest thing on Yoongi’s list- a slow smile spreads on the dancer’s face and his eyes twinkle in delight. He releases a disbelieving laugh and falls back, laying down on the rest of the couch.

 

All the while, Yoongi continues smiling and inches his way towards the younger’s legs, parting them slightly so he’s able to crawl between them. Placing both hands on either side of the other’s face, he lifts himself, hovering over his new claimed lover.

 

Yoongi watches Hoseok’s eyes go wide as he leans down closer to his lips but not touching them just yet. He can feel the younger’s uneven breaths fan on his lips and he smirks in response. “You were freaking out because you love me?” Hoseok gulps audibly and nods as much as he can to which Yoongi responds, “I know I’m not the ideal type, Hoseok, but damn, is freaking out really necessary?” Before the other even has a chance to respond, the elder finally kisses him and a relieved sigh is released from the both of them.

 

Uncertain hands come up to tangle themselves in Yoongi’s luscious, brown strands and soon they’re massaging his scalp. It feels heavenly and euphoric and perfect all around, but again, Yoongi has to break away first not only because of his need for oxygen, but also because the other members should be waking up soon.

 

He sits up completely as he tries to regain his breath and Hoseok is quick to follow.

 

The silence is broken when Yoongi speaks up, “You know, all you had to do was tell me. You know me; I’m your best friend. I’m supposed to be there for you, it’s kind of my job. And who am I to judge? You know it’s just…I don’t like not being able to help you, it makes me feel useless. So next time you have a problem, please, just talk to me about it, okay?”

 

The other nods and hesitantly grabs Yoongi’s hands, caressing the backs of them with his thumbs. “So does this mean we’re…you know…”

 

Of course he knows. But just to tease the younger a little more, he decides to play dumb. “What are you talking about?”

 

Hoseok flushes and pouts cutely- that’s the fifth cutest thing now.

 

“Hyung, don’t make me say it out loud.”

 

Yoongi his head to the left and purses his lips. “Say what out loud?”

 

“You know…”

 

“I don’t get what you’re trying to say here, Hoseok-ah.”

 

“Hyungggggg~” The younger whines and the other immediately gives in because damn, Hoseok is really cute when he whines like that.

 

“Ah, I got you now. Hoseok, do you want to be my boyfriend?” He winks a little to more and sure enough, Hoseok’s face flushes bright red.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Good.”

 

Then all too suddenly, Yoongi grabs Hoseok and kisses him for a third time that day, as if there’s no tomorrow. The room spins for the both of them and this time when they part, their pants are a lot louder.

 

When they’re breaths are maintained, they remain staring at each other, small smiles gracing their lips. Without anything being said, they’re able to see how much love is between them. They don’t need to say those three magic words out loud because it’s easily shown through their eyes.

 

I love you.

 

It’s overwhelming. Neither of them would’ve ever thought something like this would happen, and yet now it’s almost like they can’t picture life without one another.

 

Sure, that seems a bit extreme for something that barely started, but even when they didn’t realize it, they’ve felt a strong connection with each other ever since they first met. As time passed, it developed and blossomed into something deeper that most people will never understand. It became more than a friendship, more than a brothership, and even surpassed the barriers of a romantic relationship. They’re soul mates. Yoongi knew they were soul mates all along, but he didn’t think they’d end up being soul mates like this.

 

Without one another, they’re lives are incomplete.  

 

Yoongi realizes all of this as he gazes into the eyes of the man he’s in love with. He realizes that even though their relationship may not work out in the end, they’ll never part separate ways because there is no Hoseok without Yoongi and there is no Yoongi without Hoseok. If something ever happens in their relationship, Yoongi will do everything in his power to make it so that they’re okay. He’ll make sure that he’ll be whatever Hoseok needs him to be. If Hoseok needs a boyfriend, he can be that. If he needs a brother, he can be that too. But if, in the end, Hoseok only needs him as a friend, he can be that as well because that’s the least he can do for the man who has always and will always be there for him.


 

hm. idek. i hope you enjoyed it a little.