My Unknown Heart { Baro x Caitlin }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for:  Caitlin360

Song Used: B1A4's CRUSH { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMiQB8lNfdM }


 

(Everything will be from Baro's POV)

 

22nd.. today marks the 22nd day since I first came here. I situated myself near the bigger bookshelves at the back part of the library. I sat down on a chair and placed my bag on another, making sure I could have the table all alone. It is almost noon time and there is not much people today. Every day, I make it a point to come to this big public library located at the heart of the city. I was not born as a bookworm but lately I have grown to like books and read different genres of it.. and it is because of one lady.. the main reason why I always make time to visit here. No, I am not a stalker and definitely not stalking her. I just want to silently watch her from afar.

 

It all started some weeks ago, when we were asked in school to research on something. I was originally going to research in the school library but then I felt lazy, and knowing there is a library not far from our house, I told myself 'I will just do the research there instead.' So the moment I got home, I changed my clothes and went straight to the library. It was my first time going so the place was new to me. The area is big and there are many tables and chairs and there are huge bookshelves in every aisle. I walked through the shelves, looking for the category for our research, and there I found it soon --- literature. I took a piece of paper out from my pocket where I listed the topic and title of the book I was going to find and when I looked up, I saw this pretty lady walk to the front desk. I watched her through the hollow comparment of the shelves as she gracefully took a seat on the gray swivel chair behind the table. Her eyes twinkled as she talked and laughed and I could not help but notice that. She slightly brushed her bangs off her forehead and it only made her facial features more clear to me. Her milky white complexion perfectly matched the color tone of the clothes she wore that day. It is as if she is an angel sent from heaven for a mission here on earth although I do not know what that mission could possibly be. I was still looking at her as she talked to the person who I assume was inquiring something when I was distracted by a body that bumped against me. I turned around and it was a young boy.. he apologized to me and bowed down then walked away. I placed the books that have fallen back to the shelf and looked straight ahead again but she was no longer there. Disappointment was what I felt but I told myself there might still be a next time I see her.

The very next day, I visited the library again because I was hoping I could see her once more. I picked a random book from one of the shelves and took a seat somewhere near the front desk where I fist saw her. I was waiting for her to arrive as I pretended to read the book I am holding, scanning the pages. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was already 30 minutes passed the time I arrived but she is still nowhere to be found.. I started to wonder if she would still come. I looked around trying to see if I can spot her when something caught my eyes -- a pink badge on the table, written on it are the words 'Hi, I'm Caitlin. Have a nice day! :)' So Caitlin is her name. That day I finally knew something about her so I was happy. The next few hours I waited more, but still she did not come. So I told myself again there can still be a next time so I will just come back.

The next few days came and I still stayed in the library as early as I could just to see her. The day after I found out about her name, I also had known that she is the public librarian who volunteered some years ago. I picked a random book again -- a novel book for a change -- and started reading it.. for the first time, I actually read it. Taking glances at her from time to time, I made sure she will not catch me looking at her though there might have been a few times when she had actually caught me doing that. She is really nice and I can tell that with her behavior and movements. I wanted to get to know her better so I definitely had to find a way to become her friend.

Days passed and another week started with me spending the early part of the day in the library again. I did not even notice when but eventually I started to like her -- it was probably attraction at first sight. That day, I have a gathered a little courage and approached her, telling her I was going to borrow a book for some days. So there she was, stamping and recording my information to be encoded in the computer as I handed an ID to her for reference and while she was at it, I grabbed the opportunity to talk to her. "Hi" I began, then I thought of something else to say so it will not be awkward. To my surprise, she replied with a 'hello'. "So for how long are you going to borrow the book?" She initiated the conversation. Her voice.. sure it was not the first time I heard it but hearing it when I was that close to her and knowning she was talking to me made the feeling different. "For uh.. maybe 3 days?" I felt my heart pounding against my chest and had the library been a little more quiet then for sure, she already have heard it. As she finished encoding, she stood up and handed me the book. "Take care of the book and return it in good condition." She said with a smile. "And by the way, I'm Caitlin.." Then she pointed to the pink badge on the left side of her blouse -- the same pink badge I saw a week ago -- and smiled at me again. "You are a regular here, right? I hope you can continue coming here." So she noticed me somehow.. I just smiled at her and left the library, taking the book with me. It could be the start of a friendship, I thought. Since that time, I kept visiting the library with the hope that we will become close friends but that did not happen because shyness overpowered me so I was not able to talk to her again after the few short conversations that we had.

 

It is now 3:00 in the afternoon and I am still here, sitting while holding a book in front of me... but I was not really reading it. I can not believe that time passed by that quickly, I probably did not realize because my mind is preoccupied and she is all that I can think about at the moment. I really want to tell her now how I feel but I guess I am just really a coward for not knowing what to do. I looked at the stem of rose that was in my bag -- the one that I plan to give to her today -- and thought about what to do. I took out a sticky note and pen and wrote a short introduction and message then placed it on the rose's stem. I stood up from my seat, holding the rose in my right hand and slowly walked to her desk but saw her not there so I decided to wait for her. Moments later, I finally saw her walking back. I am already about to approach her when suddenly, nervousness overpowered me again. So as a result, I dropped the rose to the opened book that was on her desk after detaching the sticky note on it and hurriedly walked away. I did not leave yet though, I hid behind one of the shelves to her right side and watched her.. as I want to know what her reaction will be when she sees the rose.

I remained hidden there as I watched her pick up the rose from the book with a smile on her face. Then smelling it, she looked around the place trying to look for the person who could have possibly given that to her. And at that moment, I know I already have the chance to show up but I did not.. I do not event know if it is because I chose not to or I just can not bring myself to. Instead, I crumpled the sticky note that was in my hand, grabbed my bad, and left the library.

 

 

 

'Maybe someday I will have the courage.. maybe someday I can finally tell you in person.. and maybe someday, we can finally be friends.. or become even more.. but until then, I will just remain here, watching you from afar.'