Jealousy was his one-day friend { Sunggyu x Hana }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: keemsunggyu

Song Used: Infinite's REAL STORY { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U-0CZ82vDw }


 

The rays of the sun brightly shined against the leaves of the mango tree as the wind softly blew, causing it dance to the rhythm. It was already 2 hours past noon time and the school grounds are quiet at the moment as most students were having classes.

A lady with petite figure appeared from behind the tree, holding a purse in her right hand. The cream-colored blouse hugged her slender body perfectly and the short pencil skirt only made her long legs look longer. Her black, shoulder-length hair flowed naturally and brushed against her cheek lightly as she slowly walked towards one of the classrooms near the main corridor.

Taking a peek inside the room, she poked the arm of the person who was seated the nearest. The person, however, did not seem to notice so she poked again and this time, she was acknowledged.

Smiling her brightest smile, she whispered, "Sunggyu oppa, can we go have ice cream today? And maybe a little stroll in the garden too?" She asked as she hugged her boyfriend's arm but unfortunately, he refused because he still has a class ongoing. She tried convincing him a little more but still failed. Sighing in defeat, she left the classroom and decided to stroll by herself.

Getting lost in her little world, she did not realize that a man was approaching her way. The other person was also busy looking at the notebook he was holding so he did not see her coming as well. Taking few more steps forward, the two finally bumped into each other.

"Awwie~" the lady hissed while holding her left shoulder.

"Omo, did it hurt? I am sorry, I should have looked ahead." The person helped her stand up properly and when he saw her face, his lips curved into a smile. "Hey Hana! What are you doing here?"

"Oh! Woohyunnie annyeong~ Well, I have been to Sunggyu oppa's classroom. I asked him to hang out a bit but he still has class so he declined." Replied Hana, feeling slightly disappointed.

"Do you want to go together instead? I have nothing to do right now anyway." He offered and Hana brightened up again.

Woohyun and Hana belonged to the same year level and same class. Since it was their break and there was nothing to do at the moment, they agreed to go together. They went to the canteen first to buy ice cream on cones like what Hana wanted. After spending some minutes there, they proceeded to the garden and took a nice walk around.

The weather was fine and the sun was up, making the birds happily chirp around.  They stopped walking after some time and sat on the bench in the middle of the garden. Being able to finally sit, Hana took her shoes off and wiggled her toes then brushed it against the ground. The wind felt so calming and relaxing it made her forget her little disappointment from earlier.

"Let's stay for a bit more~" She declared. And so they stayed there for some more hours, talking and enjoying each other's company.

 

-oOo-

 

'Ringgg' The bell rang, signaling the end of another boring class. Sunggyu quickly stood up and packed his bag then went out of the room. He suddenly remembered about Hana's little request earlier so he went straight to the canteen to order some ice cream.

Falling in line, he looked at the menu board, carefully thinking of what to order and when it was his turn, he decided to order two cones of cookies n' cream. While waiting for it, he took his phone out and called Hana to ask where she is and told her that he would go there. He took his order and paid for it then walked out of the canteen, heading straight to the garden.

He thought he would see Hana there alone but it surprised him when she was with someone else. He did not clearly see the person at first because Hana was covering the person but soon he identified that it was his best friend. So he approached them and unintentionally cut their fun conversation by calling Hana's attention.

"Hi jagi, hi Woo." He greeted and waved with the cone in this right hand then bent a little to peck Hana's cheek. "I bought ice ceram for you.. because I remember you asking for it earlier." He smiled and handed the ice cream to her but she rejected it saying she already had some. Sunggyu tried to hide the disappointment and said it was alright and he will just eat those two ice cream cones that he bought.

"Oppa~" Hana turned to him. "Did you know that Woohyun and I have some things in common? You should have told me about it before. I'm sure we will really get along." Woohyun is also Hana's friend who was introduced to him after she and Sunggyu got together but they were just almost like acquaintances and never really got close. Today was a first that they were able to bond like this and surpisingly, they easily got comfortable with each other and clicked right away.

Sunggyu, on the other hand, tried his best to remain cool. Although alraedy feeling a bit jealous inside, he still have managed to smile while talking to them. He is not the type to get jealous over something so easily but today is different for him because just seeing his best friend and girl friend together kind of stabbed his heart already. He tried to understand the situation though. He considered the fact that Hana asked him to accompany her earlier but he was not able to that is why she got to go with Woohyun instead.

It was already 5:00 in the afternoon and students started to appear from everywhere because the teachers have already dismissed them. Hana ran back to her classroom to get her bag as well. Sunggyu suddenly felt relieved thinking that he will finally be able to spend time alone with Hana.. but he thought wrong. Hana came back bringing her bag together with Woohyun's. "Woohyun-ah, you forgot this~" Then she threw the bag to him making him catch it.

"Oppa, can Woohyun and I walk home together? He will pass by our house anyway on the way to theirs." Hana asked while she tucked some hair strands behind her ear.

"Y-you'll go together? Okay, sure. I still have a choir practice anyway and I do not what time we will finish.. so it is better you have someone accompany you." Why he did that, he was not sure of but maybe it is also one way to negate the idea that he was feeling jealous over his friend.

The three of them parterd ways and Woohyun walked Hana home while Sunggyu was left in school. Truth is they do not have a practice, just a short meeting. But since he is the leader of the club, he needs to give instuctions to the other members. Woohyun and Hana on the other hand continued talking as they walked the long road, trying to know more fun facts about each other.

 

-oOo-

 

The next day, Hana arrived early in school and as soon as she did, she directly went to Sunggyu's first class but saw almost no one yet except for few of his classmates. She spent the time waiting while walking along the corridor, enjoying the cool breeze as the trees danced to the wind.

She took a glance on her wrist watch and saw that it is still early so she decided to stay for a little more while. She skipped to one of the steel chairs that is right across the classroom and sat there when all the sudden, a pair of hands covered her eyes from the back which at first startled her. But soon she soften, thinking that it is Sunggyu's.

"Oppa?" She asked but the owner of the voice denied and uncovered her eyes then went to sit beside her.

"Oh Woohyun-ah, what are you doing here this early? And how did you know I am here?"

"Here! You want some?" He showed her his left hand that was holding some cotton candy.

"Aigoo.. are we still kids to enjoy this? But never mind, I will eat." She laughed and then got some of it. 

They ate and continued talking as they waited for the bell to ring for the first period. At one point, Hana told a joke that made them both laugh really loudly. They were still laughing when Sunggyu arrived and spotted them.

"Oh oppa, you're finally here! Come and sit with us." Hana stood up and pulled him towards them. Sunggyu was about to sit beside Woohyun when Hana sat in between, separating the two. Jealousy seemed to struck him again as he saw them close to each other.. physically. To divert his attention, he asked and talked about things related to school but avoided matters that would touch Hana or Woohyun.

And soon the bell rang so he went to attend his first class but while he was there, all he could think of was Hana and how close she has been with Woohyun in a just a day. Suddenly, he felt worried about it. He feared that she might lose her feelings just because she is starting to get close with someone else.. so easily.

 

-oOo-

 

Break time came and Woohyun accompanied Hana to the canteen once again. When they got there, almost all the seats have already been filled so Woohyun just suggested they buy food and eat it somewhere else.

Taking the sandwich and juice Woohyun bought, Hana sat down on the same bench as yesterday. She started taking little bites of it while looking around. "Hmm.. I wonder what time oppa will finish his class."

"Are you sure it is okay with him that we hang out together?" Woohyun asked and she blinked her eyes and smiled. "I am sure. And besides, we are friends now too." She confidently answered.

10 more minutes later and Sunggyu's class already ended. He took his phone out and dialed Hana's number, about to ask where she is but while walking, he spotted the two on the same place they were as yesterday so he did not continue with the call.

"Really? You did not tell me that you can cook." Hana asked Woohyung in a little louder voice as she was surprised with what she had just found out.

"Yeah.. he really can cook well." A voice interrupted her and when she turned her head, she saw Sunggyu walking towards them. He had both hands inside his pants' pockets and he took small steps as he approached them. The first encounter was accidental but the second one is intentional.. the thought that he will probably see them bonding everyday like this is disturbing him badly like he could not concentrate on anything because he just keeps thinking of it.

"Oppa, you're here!" Hana smiled and hugged Sunggyu.

"You know, if you want to know more about Woohyun, you can ask me. I will surely tell you anything even the embarrassing facts about him." He delivered in a serious tone and another one which seems to sound like that of jealousy, but still he tried to show a convincing smile. Then he continued, "Do you have another 'hangout' today? Maybe I am disturbing you. Please do not hesitate to tell me." He grabbed the bag of chips from his bag and started eating some when suddenly, he choked at Woohyun's remark.

"Hyung, are you jealous?"

"Jealous? Oppa, I thought you do not ever get jealous?" Hana asked as she tilted her head towards his direction.

Putting the bag of chips on the bench, he finally admitted that he was indeed jealous. He told them how he can not stand seeing Hana get so close with Woohyun even though he knows that they are just simply friends and nothing more.

"It is true that I was never jealous before but I do not know why I am suddenly like this. Well maybe because lately, I feel like you are slowly drifting away." He told Hana as he looked into her eyes and Hana did the same.. but something in him made her want to laugh.. it is probably the fact that he looked cute to her when he is jealous like this.

"Aigoo oppa" She stood up and walked to the otehr side of the bench, then facing him up close, she cupped his cheeks.. "Are you seriously feeling jealous and insecure over Woohyun? Well you should not be.. because there is only you for me and no one else." And she held his hands before continuing, "And about everything you saw yesterday and this morning.. I am just really happy I am able to have a close guy friend other than you and my cousins.. like someone really close. But oppa, you need not worry, we are just friends and nothing more."

"Really?" Sunggyu softly smiled at her.

"Yes, really. And also, about my behavior lately.. you said I am slowly drifting away from you? Why? Was there ever a time you felt like I am losing interest in you? Oppa, I may not express it with words everyday but you know how I feel through my actions. As long as I am here by your side, I promise you, my feelings will not change." Ending her speech, she gave him a tight embrace, which he gladly returned.

"Alright then.. I will no longer be jealous. I pro-- no, I can not promise that."

"Ya oppa!"

"No, I won't promise that."

'Cough' Their little sweet moment was broken when Woohyun interrupted. "You guys are so sweet, I think the ants are going to attack you soon." He whistled as he looked at the birds up the tree.

Sunggyu laughed at his best friend. "Ya, you know what.. you should just find a girl friend for yourself so can be sweet to her too."

"Wae, hyung? Can it not be you instead?" Woohyun joked as he held Sunggyu's hand and intertwined their fingers but the latter yanked his hand and ruffled his hair.

"Don't be silly, bro. I love Hana and I will not exchange her for anyone else so do not even attempt."

"Aigoo now how about let us go get some really really cold ice cream in the canteen? It is going to be my treat." Sunggyu placed an arm around Woohyun's shoulder as his other hand held Hana's tightly, keeping her close to him and the three of them walked to the canteen, talking and laughing on the way.