You are my beautiful lady { Kai x Kimberly }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: xcreamypockii

Song Used: Exo's MY LADY { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcnM2r8PQqs }


 

Kimberly's POV:

~ Chinguga aniya
Namjaigo shipeo noegen
Eotteon sarami aniya
Ojik dan han saram
Neol jikyeojul ~

 

My cellphone started ringing non-stop. It had been that way for like 5 times now, I guess. Feeling a bit annoyed and still half-sleepy, I stretched my right hand out and tried to feel where I had left it last night. After a series of failed attempts, I was finally able to grasp it. Putting it on my ear, I whispered sleepily as I yawned, "Yoboseyo? I still wanna sleep so if you have nothing important to say then stop calling me." The next two seconds, I was already rubbing my ear as a loud voice greeted me on the other line. "Kimmie~!" Oh my gosh, I clearly know who the owner of this voice is.. my best friend, Soo Ri. I wonder why she called me at this hour of the day. I turned a bit to my right to glance at the clock and was surprised to see that it was still 5 o'clock in the morning. "What's the matter?" I asked her, seemingly uninterested at the moment.

She told me that her parents would not be around for a week so she is inviting me to their beach resort. "I assure you it will be fun! Plus, all our other friends will be there as well." Oh right, she can totally afford it even if the whole university stays in their resort for free.. and if they go bankrupt? Well her parents can blame it on her.

I slowly stood up and stretched a bit before walking towards the window pane and I pulled the curtains to the side. "And what will I get if I go?" I asked her as I leaned against the wall. "Hmm the only thing I can tell you is that.. I'm sure you'll like it!" I heard her giggle from the other line before she suddenly ended the call. "Y-yah! Aish.. this girl~" I nearly threw my phone but I didn't because I don't want it broken. I grabbed my towel and stepped into the bathroom right away. I took a cool shower to calm my senses down. As soon as I was finished, I changed into comfortable clothes that would perfectly match the weather.

 

 

After changing, I grabbed my bag and packed a bit more since she told me we'll be staying there for about a week. I put everything that I could inside the bag -- clothes, accessories, toiletries, and more personal belongings. When I finished, I took my phone and headed out the door, totally ready to welcome what was waiting for me.

"I just hope Soo isn't lying when she said I'm gonna like it there this time."

I hailed a taxi and headed to their resort right away.

-end of POV-

 

It took 2 and a half hours before Kimberly reached Soo Ri's beach resort. She stepped out of the cab right away after paying and walked into the resort, looking around for her friends. The white-sand beach was still calm at the moment and there was not much around yet. Looking around further, she saw a little platform set and a group of guys was readying musical instruments. Perhaps they were going to have a live performance for the guests and tourists there.

Kimberly did not really pay attention to the group and continued wandering around, not caring about the fact that she was wearing heels while walking on the sand. She went left and right looking for her friends, with her cellphone in her right hand. Soon she had passed the group of guys and unknown to her, a pair of eyes had been instantly glued to her, as if she was magnet. Could it be because he was attracted to what she was wearing? Or maybe her pretty face or nice hair.. No one knows.

 

 

Kai's POV:

I was busy preparing with the rest of my group mates. Today, we have been invited by one of the famous persons who owned a beach resort here in Seoul. I would say this is a perfect timing.. being able to be in an open space after the several tours here and there. As I was stetching my arms for a bit and warming up, I saw this one lady who was walking along the beach, probably looking for something.. or someone. I don't know why but the moment I saw her, I felt an instant connection to her. My eyes were fixated on her and it wouldn't leave even for a minute. I'm not sure if it was the fact that she was wearing heels on sand, or the clothes she was wearing, her brown, wavy hair, or mainly her simple beauty that attracted me. I was already about to approach her when I was distracted by a huge crowd of girls that suddenly flocked in front of the mini-stage that we set ealier. When I once again looked ahead to find her, she was already out of sight. I merely sighed to myself and whispered "I definitely have to find a way to get to know her."

-end of POV-

 

 

Kimberly's POV:

After a couple of minutes of trying, I was finally able to contact Soo Ri. Sometimes, I really wonder where this girl leaves her phone. She can just leave it anywhere without really caring about it. Soon enough she answered her phone but just as I was about to speak, I heard loud noise and screams from behind me. Great! Now how I'm supposed to hear what my friend will say? I swiftly turned around, feeling mad about the situation but when I did, the crowd started chanting something.. I guess it was the group's name and some cheer for them. I slowly walked towards the crowd and I was surprised with what I saw.. and I told myself, my eyes must be deceiving me. No way! Am I really seeing Exo in front of me? Well it could actually be another group of people. If it was my favorite group, I'm sure my best friend would tell me right away... unless, it's really them and she planned to hide it from me.

I remained standing there while staring ahead of me, with my right hand down, and my cellphone almost slipping out of my hand because I was spacing out at the moment. After some minutes of daydreaming, I finally got back to my senses. I brought the phone back to my ear and scolded Soo Ri who was on the other line. I could tell she was holding the phone away from her ear because my voice was little loud than the usual. "Yah! Are you planning to break my ear drum?" She asked me after I yelled through the phone. "No, I don't." I simply said. "But you have to explain to me why you didn't tell me that Exo would be here." And I got an affirmation from her. "Alright, but meet me at the small coffee stall later, just near that mini-stage" then she ended the call right awaay without giving me the chance to speak. Aish! This girl, really. She probably didn't want to hear me talk anymore.

-end of POV-

 

 

That afternoon, just some minutes before the concert was scheduled to start, Kimberly went to the small stall that Soo Ri told her about. She sat on an empty chair and sipped on her ice coffee while waiting for her friend who arrived not so long after her. "Finally you came! I thought you wouldn't." She told her friend the moment she saw her. Soo Ri quickly took a seat beside Kimberly and told her the little surprise. "Look, I didn't tell you that your favorite group will be here because I wanted to surprise you. I know you frist stay here didn't really turn out nice so I've thought about how I will be able to make it up to you.. and thus this." She was grinning like a kid as Kimberly only looked at her.

"So you're telling me you invited them here just to surprise me? Wow, you're really that influential!" Kim, who was still trying to grasp the current situation, asked her friend.

"Ani, my parents did. But it's just such a great coincidence, right? And what's even more is that they will have an autograph session after the mini-concert. It means we're gonna have their signatures!" Soo Ri squealed as she hugged Kim's arm.

"J-jinja? Then I'm definitely gonna line for Kai's signature!"

"Yes, you better. I know he's your favorite." Soo Ra giggled.

Minutes later, they heard a someone speak over the microphone. "Please be settled as we wait for the program to start." Then another one was heard after some seconds passed. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's all welcome... EXO!"

Shouts and screams can clearly be heard from the crowd. Cameras and cellphones were already up in the air as some fans wanted to take pictures and videos of the once-in-a-lifetime moment.

There stood Kimberly and Soo Ri in the middle of the crowd as the first song ( Peter Pan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSqQrNj8Q4 ) started playing. At that moment, Kimberly felt like time stopped and that everything except her and that mini-stage in front of her froze. One of the things she has been hoping for was to see her favorite group up-close and personal and maybe she never thought it could ever come true, and it's happening right now before her eyes.

At one point, when the rap part of the song came, she wasn't so sure anymore but she thought she saw Kai smile at her. Was she dreaming? It could be another person he was smiling at. But it felt so real to her, as if he was trying to have eye contact with her. Soon the song ended, and when Soo Ri nudged her elbow, that's the time she was brought back to reality.

"Are you alright? I think you were spacing out just now." Soo Ri asked out of concern. "N-ne, I was.. just really listening to the song. I guess I got carried away." She laughed a bit, still thinking about that smile just now.

It wasn't so long before the second song played.. and this time, it was a bit more lively ( 365: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhkSH8l0UQ ) which made the crowd sing and dance along, waving their hands in the air and jumping. 

 

Kimberly's POV:

This day is really great! I still couldn't believe that I will be surprised like what Soo Ri said. Exo is here performing and singing in front of us but I still can't bring myself to it. It was already their second song and I could tell the people's energy was really up.. and same goes to me. Indeed this is a wonderful way to celebrate summer vacation. I don't regret it one bit.. and I'm sure there's still more to come later. At that moment, I didn't care anymore if I was wearing heels even if we're on sand. I was just jumping and singing along with the crowd while waving our hands around.

After the song came to and end, I quickly looked around for a bench and made my way there. Phew! I never thought it could be that tiring dancing and singing along to a song. I saw Soo Ri making her way towards the bench as well and plopped down beside me. "Whoa.. that was tiring yet fun!" She exclaimed as she handed me a bottled water.

As I was drinking the water, we heard another voice over the microhpone but this one was different from the one earlier. When I looked to the direction of the voice, I saw Park Chanyeol, another one of the talented members of Exo. He told us that they were supposed to perform more songs for us but since their manager told us that they have another sudden schedule, they could not finish it until the day ends so in effect, they will be singing one last song for the day.

One last song? Aww.. I couldn't help but feel sad about it. Even the supposed autograph signing wouldn't be pushed through. But at least, 3 songs are way way better than nothing. I pulled Soo Ri and we walked back to the middle of the audience after we have rested for a bit. "I'm ready for more so bring it on!" I told her and we both laughed.

-end of POV-

 

 

Kai's POV:

After performing two songs, we had a short break. I went to the back of the mini-stage and grabbed my bottle of water for a drink. I'm still thinking of that lady I saw earlier. When Peter Pan was playing, I saw her together with her friend.. they were in the middle of the crowd. What's more is that I noticed her smile at me.. or.. was I imagining? Well I could be, right? But with all those looking our way, she caught my eyes again.. just like how she did this morning. I shook her image off my head and went to place the bottle on the table, ready to go back to the stage. But as I was on my way, I heard Chanyeol hyung speak through the microphone, "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chanyeol imnida. Uhm, as you all know we are here to perform for the rest of the day, right? But just now we got a call from the manager saying we have something urgent to attend to.. so, I'm afraid to say we won't be able to do much anymore.. and the autograph signing wouldn't happen as well. My apologies for that. But don't worry! We will still perform one last song for you guys, so please stay until we finish. Thank you." Then he left the stage and I saw him walk towards my direction. How nice of a timing! Now how will I be able to know that lady earlier? I still have to think of a way.

Without having to think much, an idea suddenly came to mind. I went to the rest of my group mates and asked them if we could sing 'My Lady' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcnM2r8PQqs ) for the last song and they all agreed to it though they were curious why I requested for it.

Few more minutes passed and we're done setting up for the final performance. I went to the center of the stage and grabbed the microhpone stand that was situated there.

Then the music started. I could hear all screams from the ladies in the crowd as I started doing body waves and snapped my fingers to the beat of the song.

 

~ She's my baby, on the tip of her white hands
is a melted chocolate, you're walking into my door, oh
She's my lady, in your dazzling lips

I'm a slave for it, I'm running into your heart, oh yeah ~

 

My eyes searched over the place as I was looking for her.. her name, though I don't know yet, I'm definitely going to ask for it later. We continued with the next verse of the song as I kept looking around for her.

 

~ Show me more of yourself (don't lie)
If you are honest with me (it's gonna be easy)
A sweet harmony that couldn't be felt before
Don't be too late!
~

 

And there she was! In the same place where she was before. As we reached the chorus of the song, I clearly saw her singing along to it, as if she had already memorized our song.


~ I'm not a friend
I want to be a man to you
I'm not just some person
I'm the only one person to protect you
~

 

And I kept looking.. more like staring.. at her with a sweet smile plastered on my face as the song continued.

 

~ I'm not a friend
Already from the moment I first saw you
I'm not just saying this
Lady, it's only you ~



And suddenly, as if my feet have life, I found myself walking away from the stage as I got down and slowly walked towards the center of the crowd, making the girls squeal as they stepped aside to make way for me, wondering where I was going.

Right there I stopped, as soon as I was in front her. Those mesmerizing eyes.. and those inviting lips.. Is she an angel? She's really lovely. Holding the microhpone in my left hand, I took the single red rose that was in my pocket not long ago using my right. I asked one of the staff to give me one during the break and luckily he found one. I handed the rose to the pretty lady in front of me and it was a relief that she gladly accepted it. As the rap of the song came, I held her right hand in mine and kissed the back of it lightly. Loud screams were heard and I felt flashes of camera as some of them took pictures. How I wish time will just stop right at this moment!

-end of POV-

 

 

Kimberly's POV:

W-what's happening right now? Is it a dream? Because if it is, then I would still want to sleep longer. Someone must really pinch or even slap me by now to wake me up from this fantasy. I nudged Soo Ri's shoulder and she looked at me with a grin.. and then she walked away. Whoa! What? My best friend just walked away from me. What was that about? Then I looked ahead of me and Kai was still there, holding my hand. So this is not a dream? Then what kind of prank is this?

He continued singing in front of me while looking into my eyes and I felt like I would really melt right there at that very moment.

 

~ I'm not a friend
I want to be a man to you
I'm not just some person
I'm the only person to protect you

I'm not a friend
Already from the moment I first saw you
I'm not just saying this
Lady, it's only you

I'm not a friend
My lady
I'm not just saying this
Lady, I give you my love

She's my baby, on the tip of her white hands
~

 

If only I could freeze time, I would right now. The moment the song ended, loud claps and cheers elicited from everywhere. I looked around as I furiously blushed, still not believing the situation. Of all people, why me? Is this some kind of a plan from my friends or soemthing? My trail of thoughs was broken when someone coughed, and when I turned my attention back in front of me, I saw Kai smiling at me.

"Annyeong." he greeted. "If you think you're dreaming righ now then you're not." He chuckled and I blushed even more. How did he know I was thinking about that? Already feeling embarrassed, I slowly slipped my hand out of his. "U-uh.." I began, stuettering. "T-thank you for the rose." I shly smiled and bowed at him slightly. "It's an honor to have been picked among us all." I continued. In my head, I was already sending deathly glares to Soo Ri. I wanted to yell at her for leaving me alone in such a situation.

"I suppose you already know me but I would still want to introduce myself." He smiled and stetched his right arm out. "Jongin imnida."

"Ah, n-ne." I took his hand and shook it. Suddenly, we heard Chanyeol call out, "Kai, we need to go now." Wow, just how long have we been standing here and smiling at each other? We didn't even realize his group mates have finished packing up and it was only he who was left... and of course, the people around who were mostly fan girls and they were still busy taking pictures and squealing at the scene. "Arasseo! I'll be there in a while." I heard him answer before he looked back at me once again. "I have to go now.. but before that, I need to ask.. what's your name?"

"K-Kim.. Kimberly's my name" I answered with a shy smile.

"Kimberly.." He repeated. "I will surely remember that name." Then taking a few steps backward, he winked at me before finally walking away.

"It's definitely a dream... a dream come true.." I whispered to myself as I watched them sped off. Then smelling the rose, I held it close to me and said with a smile, "We are definitely going to meet again. I just know we will."