Moonlight Attraction [ Jaebum x Eun Mi ]

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Inspiration in writing this: GOT7's Moonlight [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UANCQLhvyMw ]


 

" Valentine's Day Ball

170218, 20:00 @ Seoul Uni Open Field

Dress Code: Formal/Semi-formal

Registration closes in two days.

Inquire inside if intrested! "

 

A tall girl with long, black hair whose bangs are covering her eyes looked up as she read the announcement on the wall outside their classroom. She wore a black, thick-framed pair of glasses, a simply striped black top, semi-ripped black jeans (for fashion) and blue high-cut sneakers. She also had several rings and bracelets on her right hand and she had her bag swung over her right shoulder. Judging from her physical image, students who saw her glancing at the announcement would surely say things and start whispering to one another such that it is better if she will not join events like that ball because she would only be an outcast. She was aware of the whispers around her but she does not want to care a bit. With long strides, she entered the classroom and sat at the far end seat near the window, and that is where she saw this guy she had been admiring again. Watching him as he talked to his friends, a little smile crept up on her lips but her trail of thought was interrupted when someone suddenly called her attention.

 

"Ya, Misty! I heard you were looking at the event post earlier. Are you gonna attend?" Another female asked with a loud voice as she rushed to sit beside the tall girl and linked arms with her. Her voice was a little loud that it caught the attention of the guy, making him look over to their direction.

 

It was not the first time the guy caught sight of her. The fact that they are in the same class makes them see each other most of the time but something in this girl is making her appear mysterious in the guy's eyes and mind, making him want to unveil it sooner. On top of that, he does not know how she really looks like because of those glasses and bangs covering her eyes, neither does he hear her speak that much. This made him somewhat a little interested in finding things out.

 

Misty, or what she prefers to be called by friends, noticed that the guy was looking their way so she lightly slapped her friends arm before whispering, "Ya, can you keep your voice down? You are disturbing everyone in class.."

 

Her friend suddenly noticed something else and started to . "Ohhhh he is looking our way, eh?" Then she poked Misty's arm, "Well, isn't 'J' your crush? Then if you attend the ball, for sure you will see him there!" She quoted the air as she mentioned 'J'. If anyone else would hear, it will probably be obvious who they were talking about. Misty had been admiring this J guy since a year ago already but could only keep herself in a distance since she was "different" from everyone else. Misty nudged her friend's elbow to hush her and just in time, the professor for their last class walked into the room, indirectly saving her from further possible exposure.

 

After the class went on for the next two hours, students were obviously drained so each went into separate groups to do their own thing. Misty, on the other hand, went to stare at the announcement on the wall once again while her friend, Wendy, tagged along. 'Should I really go? Would he see me there? Would he recognize me?' Misty bit her bottom lip as she pondered those thoughts. She blinked her eyes twice and with a deep sigh, averted her gaze from the announcement and tugged Wendy's arm before they left the corridor to walk home. What she did not notice was that 'J' saw them along and curiosity only grew more inside him as time passed.

 

'Will you be there at the ball? Will I be able to finally see your face and get to know you?' He asked himself as he stared at Misty's retreating figure for some seconds before he left the school grounds as well.

 

-----------

 

It's the weekend! The time for the awaited event finally came. The post-valentine celebration of their campus is about to be held that night and students only grew wihh more anticipation and excitement.

 

Misty was alone in her room that day. She had just taken a shower not long ago and was sitting on the vanity dresser, facing the mirror to stare at her reflection. A smile suddenly crept up when she realized that she is once again pretty at that time.

 

It's been a while since she had stared at her own 'real' reflection in the mirror. She could not quite recall exactly when but she remembers that incident about ten years ago when she was 15 years old which led her to the decision of changing her physical image, as well as name, in front of other people. It pained her a lot even just to recall that day when her brother risked his life in order to save her from a violent attempt to her life. She thought that her being pretty would only bring back painful memories so she decided never to be the old her ever again. This is also the reason why she never gave herself a chance to fall in love or let anyone develop such emotion for her. Misty would occasionally recall as some scenes flash into her mind but she would abruptly stop herself from recalling any further before anything bad could happen. Clutching the hand rail of her chair, she tried to stay composed as she wiped her eye in attempt to stop the threatening tear from falling.

 

Taking one deep breath, she started doing her own hair. She swiped her long bangs to the right side of her face and applied a little gel on it so it stays away from her forehead before putting a nice, studded clip on it. Next thing was she applied a little makeup and a little tint to her lips to make her at least presentable. She faintly smiled upon seeing the partial result of the ''change'' or more like the ''restoration'' of herself only for that one special day.

 

'Maybe it woudn't hurt... if only for tonight, I can look like this again. They wouldn't know anyway... he wouldn't know it's me. But at least I will look pretty, I might catch his attention,' Misty thought as she started putting on a bit of jewelry on her, wearing the moon necklace which her brother had given to her on her 14th birthday as well as her mother's pair of white gold earrings. Then she slipped the silver ring which she had bought for herself onto her left ring finger, letting it be the only thing that adorned her beautiful hand at the moment. If only for tonight, she can be a little happy again, she would risk becoming her old self once again... that's what she thought.

 

After finishing the last few touches of her makeup and accessories, she stood up and turned around to glance at the dress which was laid on her bed. A few seconds later and she fit herself into it, letting the dress embrace her body and emphasize her real shape. It was a white, one-strapped gown which effortlessly flowed to the floor, making it look outstanding even though it was just a simple dress. Last but not the least, she slipped her feet into the silver studded pair of heels that has long been forgotten. The shoes was a gift to herself when she graduated from highschool but she lost motivation to use it ever since the painful incident happened.

 

At last everything is done! As she stared into the mirror once again, she emitted a soft sigh of satisfaction while fixing her long hair to curl up and flow down her right shoulder. Taking a deep breath, she managed a smile and tried to convince herself to be confident again.

 

"Park Eun Mi... tonight you are Park Eun Mi once again.... even just for a night..." she whispered to her reflection while touching the sides of her gown. Eun Mi is her real name... the beautiful name which she also avoided for the past years but is now willing to use it again. Tonight is different. Eun Mi just risked a few things she had avoided for years just for this one special night. Maybe there was something really special about it... perhaps it was the thrill of the event itself... perhaps it was because of 'J'... or perhaps both, she could not even quite tell.

 

Deciding that she was all set and ready, she grabbed her little purse from her vanity table then made her way out of her room before contacting Wendy to go together.

 

------------------

 

'7:30 PM' the guy's digital watch read. For quite a while now, some students have been so eager, excited, and even impatient for the ball to already start. A lot of them were early while some are probably going to be late for sure. At one corner of the open field where some snacks and drinks were served at a small bar, a group of guys are hanging out... 'J' and his friends. They were actually the earliest to arrive, probably it's mainly because one of their friends, the loudest of them, practically dragged them to the venue as soon as possible.

 

"Ya, Jaebum hyung... you have been staring at your watch for about ten minutes now and you seem to be in deep thought. What's wrong?" the loudest one asked as settled himself down on a high chair and nudged the older guy's elbow.

 

"Nothing is wrong, Jackson. I was just wondering if that mysterious girl in our class would attend..." 'J' or Jaebum as his real name is, uttered the later part of the statement in a whisper.

 

"Ah you mean Misty? That girl who likes a punk?" Jackson laughed as he tried to recall and describe Misty. "What about it? Are you curious about how she is gonna be the only unique one if she shows up here?" he continued.

 

"Ani... it's just that something in her is quite interesting, I don't know." Jaebum shook his head and tried to just shrug the idea off.

 

It did not take long for time to pass and soon enough, the host of the event announced the official start of the ball. Music blasted off the speakers and the entire venue sparked with life. Everyone almost leaped in excitement and scurried over to look for their dates and friends. Meanwhile, Jaebum found himself once again looking around the place in search for Misty. 'Perhaps she would not show up,' he thought before getting up to walk over across the room. But just as he did, a pretty and tall lady in long, white gown came into the scene. With one hand lightly brushing her long, black hair, she slowly walked into the quadrangle while taking glances at the people there. The first ones to notice her were Jackson and the youngest one among their friends.

 

They whispered to each other and this caught Jaebum's attention, making him look over to them to see what it is about and that's when he saw Misty, or Eun Mi, in her real form. The moment he laid her eyes on her, a familiar yet quite strange feeling surged through his body, as if he already felt the same reaction before but could not point it out. He watched as Eun Mi made her way into the crowd while looking around as if trying to find familiar faces and he could not keep his eyes off her.

 

All of a sudden, Wendy's head popped out from nowhere and she gaped at the sight before her eyes. She have never imagined that almost all the guys' attention there would be stolen by Eun Mi with just her presence. As discreetly as she could, she walked over to Eun Mi trying not to be obvious then whispered, "What took you so long? I thought you backed out the last minute," she snickered before Eun Mi lightly elbowed her. " Of course I do not want people to see us together because they might suspect. They know me as Misty, not Eun Mi..." Eun Mi trailed off.

 

Just then, as if fate has dictated, the music changed into a mellow one without most people really realizing and for some reason, it seemed like a force of attraction was leading Jaebum close to Eun Mi. He slowly and hesitantly approached her before asking her something. Clearing his throat, the first thing that came out from his mouth was, "Hi... a-are you perhaps new in the campus? Or are you a guest? Because I don't think I have seen you before... although you look a bit strangely familiar," he lightly rubbed his nape with his right hand as he whispered the last words. Eun Mi on the other hand, could not believe it. Did her love interest really just approach her and attempt to initiate a conversation? But as much as she wanted to jump in excitement, she tried to be composed after remembering who she is that night. And instead of speaking, she just simply nodded in response to his question, obviously being shy.

 

"So assume it is the first one. You are new here? Then you have a great timing to be able to attend this event," Jaebum managed a smile as he spoke and Eun Mi could not contain the nervousness as well as the happiness she felt right at the moment. Clearing once, she finally said something. "N-ne, I just... transferred here," she tried her best to cover up but thankfully, he seemed to believe it.

 

"Did you come here alone?" He asked again and she nodded, giving an excuse that she really does not know anyone well to have someone close with. As the music suddenly changed into another mellow one, he bravely asked her for a dance to which she said yes. "May I? If it's alright..." he smiled in order to hide the nervousness and she returned his gesture with a smile and a nod. With a bit of hesitation, his arms found its way to her waist as her hands placed atop his broad shoulders. Both of them stayed quiet as they followed through the rhythm of the song. But what couldn't be denied was that strong force of attraction that was drawing Jaebum close to Eun Mi, making him unable to tear his gaze off her as if he has been captured and drowned into it. There were few times Eun Mi would also stare into his eyes but would abruptly divert it since perhaps she was afraid that if she stare longer, she would also be trapped in a maze. That moment felt a lot longer that it truly is and at that point, it seemed that nothing else mattered other than just the two of them. After a few more minutes of seemingly long dance, it finally ended and switched into something a little more speedy and groovy. The tension was at least slashed off by a little and Jaebum gathered some courage to speak again and ask something.

 

"Are you gonna do something after this? I mean... if it's alright, I want to get to know you... if that's okay," he trailed off and Eun Mi couldn't help but smile as she found it cute and amusing. Clearing again, she responded, "It's alright I guess. As long as you do not kidnap me or anything..." she joked as to lighten the seemingly awkward atmosphere and Jaebum chuckled at that.

 

"Of course I would not do that. I am not a gangster, just an ordinary student in this campus. My name is Jaebum, by the way. What's yours?" He held his right hand out for a shake and Eun Mi actually stared at it for some good seconds, hesitating to take it but she did anyway. "I am Eun Mi.. Park Eun Mi. And don't worry, I was kidding just now."

 

"Eun Mi... that is a pretty name... just like the owner." Jaebum blurted out without even realizing his words. They've held hands and stayed like that for the next few minutes with his eyes still never leaving hers. He only wished that Eun Mi could look back at him a little longer but she didn't. Eun Mi was about to respond something about their hands when the youngest of Jaebum's friends, Yugyeom, came running while shouting as he grabbed his hyung's arm.

 

"Hyung! Where were you? We have been looking for you all this-" his statement got cut off as he caught sight of Eun Mi in front of them. "Oh, pretty noona annyeong!" he smiled widely at Eun Mi then suddenly coughed the moment his eyes landed on their hands, making them break contact upon realization then Eun Mi cleared , hoping the two guys wouldn't notice her flushed cheeks. Jaebum elbowed Yugyeom and whispered to him, saying that he will be there in a bit, to which the maknae adhered before running back to his other hyungs.

 

"I'm sorry about that... his name is Yugyeom, by the way. He is really young so I guess he gets excited over anything," Jaebum tried to explained to Eun Mi with light chuckles and occasional rubs on his neck.

 

"It's alright, your friends might need you with them so you can go," Eun Mi smiled again, making his heart only flutter even more. "But how about you? Won't you get lost here alone? I could keep you company or you can join us," he offered but she just smiled and slightly shook her head. "And didn't you agree to-"

 

"...get to know each other?" Eun Mi finished the sentence for him and he nodded. "How about let us meet in front of the big fountain after this event?" She gripped her purse a little hard, feeling a bit embarrassed at what she just said.

 

"Really? I mean... can we?" he could not hide his excitement upon hearing what she just suggested but part of him was suddenly worried so he asked, "You will really show up later, right?"

 

"Of course! I have no reason to deceive people," she assured him with a smile before her eyes discreetly wandered around to look for Wendy. After feeling assured with her words, they parted ways for the meantime as both went back to their friends.

 

Curiosity got the best of Wendy as Eun Mi reunited with her and she almost squealed on top of her lungs as she threw questions at her friend. "Yah, I could see the two of you way back there! You were so sweet, uh? Ants would be jealous..." she grinned as she poked her friend, trying to more but Eun Mi simply chuckled and tried to shrug things off. "It's not like that. He does seem attracted to Eun Mi, I can tell. But you know that Eun Mi only exists tonight, right?" She showed a faint smile as she looked at Wendy and the latter could see the hint of sadness in it.

 

"Still, you never know...." Wendy tried to say something encouraging but Eun Mi tapped her shoulder as an indication to just stop because she might only give her false hopes.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the field, Jaebum's friends continuously threw random questions at him as well. Out of everyone, Jackson and Yugyeom were the loudest as they playfully whined and complained about how they should have been the ones to dance with Eun Mi since they saw her first.

 

"Hyung, how can you just steal the spotlight from me? I practically saw her first... Whoa I cannot believe this!" Jackson exaggerated and pretended to slap his own forehead.

 

"Ya forget about that, let's ask something more interesting! What is her name, hyung?" Another friend, Bambam, leaned closer and nudged the older before sitting down beside him.

 

"Park Eun Mi... I think that is the nicest name I have heard." Jaebum chuckled as his realized that his words came out as cheesy before he continued, "but I don't think I have seen her here before. She said that is a transferee but I am not sure."

 

"Eun Mi? Well I have not heard her name either but don't worry, we will try to help you get more information and we will try to ask around." Yugyeom smiled and lightly tapped his hyung's shoulder. As the program went on for the night, Jaebum could only think about meeting Eun Mi again but a part of him feels worried thinking of all the what if's such as what if she does not show up. In that case, he might never see her again. On the other hand, Eun Mi has been preoccupied with thinking whether to reveal herself or just stay as it is because there might be a lot of complications later on.

 

At last after what seemed like forever, the ball finally ended. Getting filled with excitement, Jaebum quickly bid farewell to his friends before heading over to the big fountain to wait while sitting on the red bench not far across it. He lightly rubbed his hands together to get rid of the cold then glanced at his watch for the time... '11:30 PM.' He started growing worried again as Eun Mi was still not in sight ten minutes past that time but soon, his tension broke off the moment he heard the sound of glass heels against the humid ground, making him looking up. He got greeted with Eun Mi's warm smile with a mix of little nervousness. As she sat down beside him, she placed her purse behind her and tried to maintain the calm composure as they talked. She tried her best as not to reveal much information when Jaebum started to ask her things.

 

"So, tell me about yourself too. I think you have interrogated me enough now," Eun Mi smiled as she tried to look at Jaebum in the eyes but she could not do it for long so she averted her gaze before things are too late.

 

"What do you want to know about me? There is nothing interesting about me though. I was rather more interested about you because you seem... mysterious." Jaebum clasped his hands together and this time, the strange force driving him close to her was starting to becoming clearer. The more they talked, the little more they get to know of each other. Eun Mi felt happy considering that even just at this point, at least she is able to know things she wanted to know about her hidden love as well as being able to stay beside him even just for a limited time. She got to know more of how he is in the family as well as how he is in school although she already know most of it since she actually encounters him everyday.

 

In the middle of the conversation, Jaebum suddenly mentioned about how Jackson and Yugyeom whined to him about seeing Eun Mi first and all. Hearing this made Eun Mi lightly laughed considering how she found it a bit silly but cute at the same time. But the moment she did, Jaebum noticed her reaction and recalled something. A flashback suddenly appeared at the back of his head telling him about this familiar laughter.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

Two female students were sitting on the corridor outside their classroom with their backs faced to the door as they were having a chitchat and girl talk. As Jaebum walked out from the room with his head down, one of the female students' laughter filled his ears. Even though he was wearing earphones, her voice was still clear. This made him look up and he saw the girl's back view and he was so sure about it... it was Misty.

 

- End -

 

That laughter is the same, he thought. Eun Mi's laughter is the same as that of Misty's, he can't be wrong. This flashback only lead to another thing... earlier before the dance, he was sure that he saw Wendy together with Eun Mi. At first he wondered why, especially after Eun Mi said that she is new in the school but now almost everything makes sense. No wonder why the more he stared at her, the more familiar she looked. Eun Mi is Misty! Even though he has not really seen Misty's facial features, he could somehow tell it is her. He is now sure of it but he needs further confirmation.

 

Before he could even say something again, Eun Mi took the chance to prevent him from doing so as she noticed his rather heavy stares at her. Clearing for the nth time now, she gathered the strength to ask, "W-what time is it already?" She stuttered but she couldn't care anymore just as long as she can avoid any further disclosure of her identity.

 

Yes, she is afraid. She is afraid of what Jaebum's reaction would be in case he finds out about her, about who she "really" is. She is scared how he will react if he finds out that she lied all the while throughout the night and unintentionally led him on. So now she is trying to make an escape by creating an excuse.

 

"It's almost midnight... why?" Jaebum asked after looking up from his watch, a hint of disappointment and sadness in his voice evident.

 

"Oh, I..." Eun Mi started to think of an excuse, "my grandmother told me that I need to be home before twelve Not that I am Cinderella or something." She lightly waved her hand and chuckled. It is true though, right now she is like Cinderella whose spotlight has time limit, and it is now about to end.

 

"Really? Do you really have to go now?" Jaebum hesitantly asked as he glanced down at his watch once again... 'ten minutes left,' he thought.

 

"I would like to stay but the times are calling so I am afraid I cannot." She bit her bottom lip, feeling a little sorry that she has to hide things from him. Jaebum noticed this gesture and recalled another memory. That time when Misty was looking at the announcement, he saw her bit her bottom lip as well, perhaps a sign of her uncertainty or nervousness. This only made his theory stronger.

 

"Then... before you go, can I ask something? It won't take long." He trailed off. "I just need to confirm something... I think."

 

The longer Eun Mi stayed beside Jaebum, the more nervous she got. She thought her cover would be really blown even before she could get past him. But lucky for her, he suddenly took his words back, waving his hand. " Actually... never mind that." Then he took a deep breath before continuing, "Will there still be a next time though? I mean... will I be able to see you again?" He carefully asked, not wanting to startle her.

 

The clock is ticking, her time is running out. There is only five more minutes left.

 

"Next time...?" Eun Mi paused to ponder although she already knows the answer. Even if she wanted to be with him again in this state, she couldn't risk. Instead of responding to him, she threw back a question instead. "Can you... close your eyes first? There is something I want to give you." Once again, she bit her bottom lip.

 

"If I... if I close my eyes, you won't disappear, right?" A hint of worry painted Jaebum's voice as he asked that and he was a bit hesitant but he did as told anyway. But Eun Mi could only smile faintly as she hummed and nodded her head although she actually have to leave soon. "You are not allowed to open your eyes until I say so, alright?"

 

Then with eyes now closed, he asked her again, "I will be able to see you again, right? Like this..." He mumbled the last part, trying to hint that he knows who she is now but he actually did not care whether who he'll meet next time is Eun Mi or Misty. He just wants to see her and spend time with her again.

 

Eun Mi slowly leaned forward and whispered while staring at Jaebum's facial features, "You might see me again... in your dreams," and then she whispered, "please do not forget this moment... please do not forget Eun Mi." With that said, she clenched her fist as she braved herself to press a gentle kiss on his lips for a few seconds then quickly pulled away before grabbing her purse and walking away as quietly as she could, leaving him there alone.

 

And as if fate once again planned all of this, the clock struck 00:00 AM as soon as Eun Mi was no longer in sight. Jaebum could feel that something was strange, and then it hit him, Eun Mi finally left. But he was scared to see for himself, to see that when he opens his eyes, he wil no longer find her there. Still, he did... he bit his lip and slowly opened his eyes to look around the surrounding. The only obvious sound he could hear was the water flowing down from the fountain. No more Eun Mi in sight... no more Misty either.

 

Although he does not fully understand, he somehow knows that Misty has a reason for doing what she did so he does not hate her for it. Heaving a heavy sigh, he lightly touched his lips with his right thumb and looked up at the sky, seeing the bright moon peeking from the clouds. He made a silent wish, hoping he would see her again before he finally left the premises as well. He hoped that he will meet her again.... whether as Eun Mi or Misty.

 

-------------

 

The next morning, Jaebum went to the university earlier than usual to find his three friends walking here and there while asking people about things, obviously looking for someone. He quickly walked up to them and asked to gather at the corner of the corridor to talk then the four of them sat down, forming a circle.

 

"M-mwo??" Jackson asked in a bit loud voice as he could not believe his ears at the moment. "So you're saying..." he trailed off as his eyes glanced over to the other two, whose reactions are just as surprised as his.

 

"...that the pretty girl Eun Mi and this punkish Misty are actually the same person?" Bambam finished the sentence for him and earned a slight glare from Jaebum before the latter's gaze softened.

 

"Ani... mian hyung," Bambam apologized the moment he noticed his hyung's quick reaction but it got shrugged off.

 

"I need to find her... I still have a lot of questions and..." Jaebum could not finish his statement and let out a sigh instead.

 

"So do you guys remember when Jaebum hyung said that he finds that girl mysterious? So I guess here is the link..." Yugyeom explained as a matter of fact but before he could say anything else, Jaebum abruptly stood up and rushed into the hall to check in the classrooms if Misty is around but luck was not on his side... there was no sign of her anyway and this made him frustrated. Few moments later, she saw Wendy walking into his direction but she was alone and rather looking sad. A little later, he heard some students inside the classroom murmuring stuff and to get clearer on this, he stepped inside and tried to listen to them.

 

Then he heard the news. Misty sent a letter to the highest office, requesting to drop out. No further reason was given but Misty deeply apologized in the letter for the very sudden decision. "Jaebum-ssi..." Wendy whispered as he approached Jaebum after finding him in the classroom. "Misty left this to me but I think it is better I let you read too. Anyway, I have to go now. You can decide what you want to do with the letter later." She handed the letter over and gave a small smile to him before turning around and walking away.

 

Instead of attending the first class of the day, Jaebum decided to ditch it instead as he climbed onto the rooftop to read Misty's letter there. As he opened the piece of folded paper, it read:

 

'Wendy-ya, the moment you read this letter, I am already at my gradma's village. You know where it is but please, please do not find me! I just need some time. I need to find myself. After what happened last night, I felt so happy but I know that I cannot allow myself to drown in the emotion or things will be difficult. You know that I am still haunted by the past, right? And I cannot help but blame myself for what happened to oppa. But I will not go into detail with this or I might ruin this letter with my tears. Just you know how I think that I don't want to be pretty anymore if it would only cost one's life. I do not think that I deserve to be loved. I am not even worth fighting for but why did oppa risk his life for me? The Eun Mi whom you saw last night was a one-time thing, it won't happen again. And Jaebum... I guess you already know why I stayed behind, it's because he asked me to, saying he want to get to know me more. To be honest, I felt scared that he will find out but I think he actually figured out as time passed so I had to find an excuse to escape before my cover fully gets blown. When you see him again, please tell him that Eun Mi is really, really sorry for lying to him and that she did not mean to. Please tell him too that she likes him a lot or no, actually for all this time, Misty eventually fell for him and last night only made that feeling stronger since they got to know each other more. But let him know that Eun Mi no longer exists, only this punkish girl named Misty, whose face and voice he does not even know. But tell him that he can still see Eun Mi in his dreams if he wants. And tell him again that for each time I will stare at the moon, I will think of him. I guess that's it. I will contact you soon when I feel at least a bit better. Bye bye.

- Misty'

 

Jaebum could not even explain the mix of emotions he felt at that moment. There was confusion, there was sadness, even worry, but not hatred. He did not despise Misty for what happened. Although he could still not fully understand but somehow, at least, he slowly understood his feelings. How he was attracted to Misty at first because he found her mysterious, although they are not that close and do not interact much... and how he was attracted to Eun Mi during the ball.

 

There was something in her which sparked that interest. And he figured that the feeling isn't temporary. Knowing her real identity did not change what he felt at the moment and whether she was Eun Mi or Misty, he is attracted to her because of her heart. Perhaps they were really linked. He finally realized that he likes her. And if given the chance, he wants to meet her again and spend more time with her. If given the chance, he wants to love her and show her how much worthy she is of being loved.

 

Faintly sighing, Jaebum folded the piece of paper again and slipped it into his jeans' pocket then turned around to open the door that was leading downstairs. But before he took a further step, he looked up at the bright sky and whispered, "Every time I look up  at the moon from now on, I would think of you too until you come back... Misty."

 

He clenched his fist and took a deep breath before finally heading back downstairs to attend his next class. He found a new motivation to do things the better way and everyday, he woke up with only the hope of seeing her again and being with her.

 

The moon that witnessed their young love that night won't forget... and it will help lead them back to each other when the time is right.

 

 

 

- END -