The Beginning of Forever (sequel to STORY#6)

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: -AbsoluteZero-

Song Used: Exo's BABY { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olsd9KAcmo0 }


 

Xiumin's POV:

I was pacing back and forth the living room, feeling anxious and nervous. I have just called Ranhyun and told her to meet me later at the restaurant across the park because I have something important to tell her. My sister, Minhee, noticed me feeling uneasy and tapped me on my right shoulder, "It is going to be alright." She said. I just slightly nodded and tried my best to be calm. I grabbed my hand phone once again on my way to the terrace and called the restaurant to check on my reservation and to see if everything is set. To my relief, the person in-charge said that they have readied everything already. Tonight I will meet her.. the love of my life.. and will ask her to spend the rest of her life with me. I am really hoping she will say 'yes'. I walked back to my room and started preparing myself for the special day.

 

Ranhyun's POV:

Xiumin oppa told me to meet with him at a certain restaurant tonight and I knew right away that he has a surprise for me but I wonder what it could be. Putting my phone on my bedside table, I walked to the closet and started choosing the dress that I will be wearing for later. I first chose the style, the design, then finally the color. I admit that I am really picky when it comes to some things but it is only because I want things to be at best. Finally, I have picked a blue sleeveless dress that is few inches above my knee. I neatly placed it on the bed before heading to the bathroom to take a good quick bath.

 

-oOo-

 

It was only 5:00 in the afternoon and there is still an hour left before the lovers are set to meet. After Xiumin had finished dressing up, he left for the restaurant, together with his sister. He also bought a bouquet of flowers on their way there, as well as chocolates. He also made sure that the ring is secured in his pocket. When they arrived, he headed straight to the garden that is reserved for him for the special occasion. Surprisingly, he also saw Jong Min and Yeon Mi already there, holding hands with each other while looking at the flowers that surround the place. He slowly walked towards them and cleared his throat to get their attention.

"Am I disturbing something here?" He laughed as Jong Min suddenly turned around. "Are you that excited? You are even earlier than the host." He added with a chuckle.

"Well of course bro, we can not afford to miss this moment. I am sure Ranhyun will really really be surprised and happy about this." Jong Min replied as he tapped Xiumin's shoulder lightly.

"And worry not.. we will be here to support you until the end." Yeon Mi added with a bright smile.

It has already been a month since Ranhyun quit a news reporter/researcher. After that day when Xiumin got really worried because she did not come yet even if it was already late, Xiumin did not stop convincing her until he has finally made her agreed to quit and transfer to another field. That day, Xiumin also made some arrangements for Ranhyun to meet with their stylists and manager because he has asked them if she could possibly work for them so they told him that they will try and see. Lucky for Ranhyua, she got accepted.. and she also likes the job so there was no problem at all. Since she already works with him, Xiumin is now at ease.

 

-oOo-

 

Ranhyun was still in her room after wearing her dress. She also took from her drawer the necklace that Xiumin had given her during one of her birthdays and wore it. She looked at her reflection in front of the mirror with a wide smile. "Hmm.. do I look pretty now?" She smiled as she asked her cat that was on top of her bed. She walked to her bed and cradled the kitten in her arms. "Do you think I should go there early? How about I surprise that one who is going to surprise me too? What do you say?" She laughed softly when the kitten only meowed. "Aigoo, of course you will not be able to answer me." Then she put it back down on the bed. She left the house and decided to really go to the restaurant early because there might be a heavy traffic on the way and she does not want to be late.

 

-oOo-

 

Xiumin kept glancing at this watch. There is only few minutes left before they should meet. He was alraedy feeling very nervous and he kept thinking of the things that could happen later while leaning against a tree. He has thought.. Ranhyun could accept him.. but she could also reject him. Jong Min passed by and noticed his worried expression so he walked close to gave him a tap on his back, "Easy there, it will turn out well for sure."He assured.

"You think so?" Xiumin asked, still worried.

"Of course. I do not think there is a reason for her to refuse."

"Thank you. How about you and Yeon Mi? When is your turn?"

Jong Min laughed, "We have not talked about it yet but we will be sure to inform you when that happens."

They kept talking more for the next few minutes until Ranhyun finally arrived. Minhee and Yeon Mi welcomed her as she stepped out of the car and she was surprised to see them. The more she got curious about the surprise that Xiumin was preparing for her.

"You know that we are close friends and that I love you but sorry I have to do this." Yeon Mi took a handkerchief out and blindfolded her. She protested a bit at first but soon eased up. She was carefully led to the garden where Xiumin is waiting. Slowly, Minhee pulled the blindfold off and the first that Ranhyun saw when she opened her eyes was Xiumin, who was sweetly smiling at her. And then her eyes scanned the place until it found the table that was set in the middle of the garden. She saw that the food was already ready, and that there were also flowers and candles around.

"Do you like it?" Xiumin asked as he walked closer to Ranhyun and swiped her bangs off her forehead to have a better look of her face.

"Y-yes." Ranhyun's excitement caused her to stutter at that moment. "Did you prepare this all?" She asked him with teary-eyes.

"Everything for you." He smiled.

Then signaling at one of the waiters, he told her.. "I have something very important to tell you that is why I asked you to come here today. And the reason why my sister and your friends are here as well is because I want to have witnesses.. whatever the outcome of this event will be." The waiter came after some time, bringing a serving plate with him. Xiumin took a deep breath before continuing as he held both of Ranhyun's hands. "I will no longer waste more minutes and just tell you right away." He slowly took a box from his right pocket as the waiter put the tray on the side of the table. Ranhyun's eyes widened as she saw the box. She did not know what to feel at that moment. Part of her was expecting something good but she did not want to assume. Then letting go of her hand, Xiumin told her to look around and she did.. and she could not begin to explain how she felt when she read the words written with chocolate syrup on the tray.

Looking back at Xiumin, she saw him slowly open the box, revealing a silver engagement ring. That was the time she started tearing up.. because of the happiness building up in her at the moment. He took her right hand in his again and asked her the question he has been wanting to ask since a long time ago.. "Will you marry me and stay with me forever?" Without a second thought, Ranhyun eagerly nodded and embraced him tightly around his neck. He embraced her back tightly, wearing the widest smile of his. Releasing the hug after some minutes, he placed the ring box beside the table then held the ring tightly and slowly slid it on Ranhyun's right ring finger before kissing her hand softly, making her blush.

The people around them clapped loudly, not only their friends who were there, but as well as the waiters and even the other customers who were dining inside the restaurant. Ranhyun suddenly felt shy about this and hid her face on Xiumin's shoulder and he just laughed at her cute reaction. 

Breaking the hug again, Xiumin pulled a chair for Ranhyun to sit before he took a seat across her. Then he raised his wine glass, half-filled with wine, and said.. "Cheers to this wonderful moment, Mrs. Kim." She just laughed and raised her glass as well, trying to hide her blushing face. The others also settled themselves on another table and started to eat.

They stayed there for the rest of the night and enjoyed the cool air breeze while talking and just letting the time pass.