Let Me Be Your Romeo { Luhan x Anikka }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: ncaijs

Song Used: Exo's DO'NT GO { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VT9dsiihw }


 

Anikka slowly walked down the long spiral staircase of their house after she had finished dressing up and fixing herself. There is only few weeks left until the school curriculum ends and she does not want that to happen because that will only mean one thing: she will leave Korea, together with her parents, for good. Usually, people would like the idea of belonging to a rich clan and living a luxurious, worry-free life, but that was not the case for her. She did not like the fact that almost all of her actions, even just the little ones, are always monitored by others because they are always under the lime light. It kind of pressured her.

Her parents have recently arranged business mergers and unfortunate for her, arranged marriage was part of the 'business' discussion. It was only about a month ago when she had learned about this, after overhearing her mother talk over the phone with one of her business partners. She found out that she is set to marry the son of Tsai Corporation's owner in Taiwan. Ever since, Anikka's mood have dropped and she was not her usual cheerful self anymore. She will just act like a robot that follows her parents' commands just to please them.

Grabbing her hand bag, she walked out of the house where the car is already waiting for her. The driver hurriedly got out upon seeing her and was about to open the back door for her when she raised a hand, indicating that she can do it on her own. Another thing she dislikes the most is when the people in their house treat her like a princess.. like a royalty.

As soon as she got inside the car, the driver sped up to arrive at the school faster. Looking out the window, she watched the car passed by different establishments which mostly belong to their family and she could not even tell anymore just how many properties they already own. She leaned her back on the comfortable seat and closed her eyes, waiting for the car ride to end.

Soon they arrived at the school and the car immediately parked at the special parking space that is reserved for it. Anikka retouched herself a bit before stepping out of the car. She told the driver not to fetch her after class anymore before heading straight to her classroom.

While walking along the corridor, she already saw some students, doing different things. She wondered what urged those people to go to school early even though it is not the time for their class yet. Approaching her assigned classroom, she spotted her best friend, Aisha, who was by-standing outside, reading something.. probably a comic book again. She called out to her and gave her a tight embrace. "I missed you so much. It feels like I have not seen you for a long time. How are things?" Anikka asked her as she hugged her friend's right arm and they both entered the classroom and took their respective seats.

"Life has been treating me fairly." Aisha laughed. "How about you?"

"Hmm.. well.." Anikka began. "You know how my parents are planning to take me to Taiwan, right? So yeah, I do not feel like liking it one bit. What should I do?" She asked in a worried tone as she took a notebook and pen out and started sketching -- one of her hobbies.

"You know what? Maybe you should try considering it. The idea is not that bad at all." Aisha suggested.

"Arranging you to marry someone you do not even know is not a bad idea?" Anikka continued sketching.. and she sketched a butterfly. "If that happened to you, I'm sure you will not like it either." She told Aisha and the latter realized that she made sense.

They continued talking for the next 15 minutes and began wondering why the teacher still has not arrived. Other students have also been complaining why the class has not started yet and declared that they will leave if it will not start any time soon. Some minutes later, the teacher finally came.. along with a male student. All eyes were on them, including Anikka's. She looked at the guy and coincidentally, the guy also looked her way. She noticed those soft, tender eyes that stared back at hers. She also noticed how his coffee-brown hair went along with his complexion well. Her thoughts were broken after a few seconds when the guy finally spoke and made his introduction. "Annyeonghaseyo." He bowed, "I'm Luhan and I'm a transferee. Please treat me well." And he smiled at everyone. Some students exchanged whispers, asking each other how can someone transfer when it is almost the end of the school year but the teacher explained and told them that it is possible.

"So hmm.. let's see where you can sit." The teacher looked around for an empty spot. Suddenly, Anikka raised her hand to call Luhan's attention then she pointed to the seat beside her -- in between Aisha and her. "Okay, you may go sit beside her." The teacher told Luhan and he nodded. Luhan walked to the empty seat and looked at Anikka. "Thank you." He smiled and Anikka just smiled back. The class started right away after the class has settled but Anikka was not really paying attention. Instead, she continued scribbing and sketching on her pad until the session ended.

Eventually, more classes followed but Anikka still was not interested for her mind is floating somewhere else. Luhan seemed to notice this so he tapped her shoulder lightly to ask if she was okay and she only nodded.

During lunch time, both ladies went to the canteen and took their usual spot, somewhere near in middle. Aisha bought a meal but Anikka had a packed lunch for herself -- her mother made it a point that the cook always prepares food for her so she would not have to buy in the cafeteria anymore. They were having a good chat about music and arts when suddenly, someone interrupted them.

"Excuse me but.. can I sit here? Only if it is alright with you.. because it is kind of full now too." Luhan asked, a bit hesitant. Anikka looked around and realized that the canteen is indeed a bit full so she agreed to let them stay with them. She moved to her left a bit and made space for him to sit. "By the way, I'm Luhan.. oh, but I guess you already know." Luhan chuckled and held his hand. "Anikka.. Anikka Park. It's nice to meet you." She smiled and shook his hand. "So, why did you transfer here? Is it not a bit difficult since the curriculum is not towards the end?" She initiated the conversation and he finally felt at ease. 'She is not snobbish after all.' He thought.

Their friendship started there and from that moment, they always talk and ask about the other person's condition and whereabouts. They also exchanged contact numbers so it would be easy to reach each other whenever they need something.

More days passed and a different kind of liking developed. Luhan started to feel attracted towards Anikka and admired her every way but he is trying not to make it obvious because it will only be awkward for both of them.

There came a time when the school held a quiz bowl and the students have to be in pairs. Originally, Anikka was going to choose to be with Aisha but because she was already paired with someone else, Anikka looked for another, and since Luhan had no partner at that time yet so they got paired with each other. With their teamwork, they have answered almost all questions correctly and at the end of the day, the brought the gold trophy home, making all their classmates and teachers proud of them.

The school events did not stop there. A week after the quiz bowl, an announcement that their will be a charity ball made the students excited and motivated. Some guys already started asking the ladies to go with them while the others have decided that they will go alone without a partner.

"So, has someone asked you yet?" Aisha nudged Anikka as she asked.

"Hmm? No one. I don't think someone will."

"Why not? I think it's not about if someone 'will' but if you will 'allow' someone to." Aisha emphasized the words 'will' and 'allow'. "Well okay, if no one would dare then let's just go and be a pair for the ball." She added.

Luhan was just behind them and listening to the their talk, contemplating if  he should ask Anikka to go to the ball with him or not. He started thinking about the possibility of getting rejected or even to be told that she already has a partner. So he just stayed there and decided not to ask yet for the time being.

The next day, the teachers decided to give a break so everyone can prepare for the upcoming ball thus Anikka and Aisha went to the mall and started canvassing for gowns and accessories to match with it. They were in a shop for prom gowns and suits, looking around at the different styles and designs, when Aisha suddenly caught sight of Luhan. At first she was not sure, so went nearer to have a closer view and she there confirmed it. "Hey Luhan!" She greeted, "What are you doing here? Are you trying to look for an outift too?" Luhan looked around, surprised. "Hi Aisha." He smiled at her then paused for a moment when he saw Anikka from the side, scanning the rack of dresses. "Oh, you came with Anikka?" "Yes, of course.. we're best of friends after all." Aisha laughed and pulled Anikka to her side. Feeling really excited, she was not able to help anymore and asked, "Do you have a partner for the prom already? Because no one has asked Anikka yet.. so maybe the two of you can go together." She told Luhan and Anikka elbowed her. Luhan suddenly felt shy and carefully asked, "Umm.. is it okay if.. we go together?" Anikka slowly nodded and he brightened up.

 

-oOo-

 

It was already the evening of the ball and everything was already set. Lights and music livened the place as guests strated to arrive in pairs. Luhan was there, standing by the door as he waited for Anikka to arrive. He kept checking on his watch and phone as he is already becoming anxious. Some minutes passed and the host already announced that they are going to start the program but Anikka still was not around. The other students went inside the hall one by one. Some of their classmates also told Luhan to go in as well but he said he would wait for Anikka and they will go together. Finally, he called her because he was already worried and impatient. He called and asked where she is and was relieved when she said that she only got caught in a little traffic and is now almost at the venue. So he kept his phone back in his pocket and relaxed a bit, fixing his suit. Excitement filled him as he could not wait to see Anikka.

A white limousine parked at the entrance of the university campus and out stepped Anikka, in stunning hot pink cocktail dress.

 

 

She slowly made her way inside the campus and headed directly to the conference room, where the ball is currently being held.

Luhan looked at his watch once again.. it was already 3 minutes since the party started but until now, she in nowhere to be found. He took hold of his phone and was about to call Anikka again when he was suddenly stopped by a female voice, and when he turned around, he was astonished to see her in that beautiful dress she wore, smiling at him. "I'm sorry I'm late." She apologized. "A-ani, gwenchana." Luhan said, his eyes still can not be peeled off her.. then he opened his palm and smiled. "Shall we go?" Anikka gladly took his hand and nodded.

The party was just fine.. not that boring.. not that exciting but at least it was enough to make the people stay until the end. Even Aisha and Anikka enjoyed themselves too, listening to the songs that played, and even singing along. Most of the time, Aisha would catch Luhan looking at Anikka but he will also avert his gaze every time he realizes that he is caught. When Anikka excused herself to go to the wash room, Aisha took the chance and approached Luhan and asked, "You like her, don't you? Your eyes tell me so." She wiggled her eyebrows and nudged him lightly. "Ya!" Luhan looked around to make sure no one was near enough to have heard what Aisha just said. "I'm a straight-to-the-point person so just tell me. It's not that difficult after all." She added and laughed. "Y-yes, I do.." Luhan finally admitted but when Aisha was about to say something, Anikka came back so she just tapped him shoulder and whispered, "Good luck then." and went back to her seat.

The night fell deeper and soon the dance part came. Luhan, despite of feeling nervous, had mustered some courage and and asked Anikka for it and luckily, she agreed. She took his hand and they both walked to the dance floor. Aisha who remained seated there was watching them with a wide smile plastered on her face.

As they were dancing, Luhan kept srtealing glances at her will avert his gaze every time their eyes meet. "So.." Anikka started, "Are you enjoying the event so far?" She smiled and he felt like melting right on the spot. "Y-yeah, of course I am. How about you?" He asked back and she replied the same thing. All of a sudden, he blurted, "I have something to tell you tomorrow. Please be early in class." He tried his best to hide the nervousness with a smile.

Few moments later, the host walked to the stage once again and spoke to the microphone. "Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the first hours of this event. And so now, we come to the part where we will crown our King and Queen of the night. I'm sure all of you are excited." Aisha was just smiling to herself at the side. While the dance was ongoing earlier, she actually asked around for people to vote for Luhan and Anikka because she wanted to help him get closer to her and this will be one way for sure.

"And.. tonight's King and Queen are no other than.." The host opened the card and read the names loudly, "Luhan and Anikka!" Everyone around them clapped and cheered but the two were just left in surprise. Luhan then pulled Anikka's hand and led her to the stage where they will be crowned. The host got hold of the king crown and placed it on Luhan's head then took the queen crown and carefully put it on Anikka. Both bowed to the audience and when Luhan met eyes with Aisha, she just winked to him and gave a 'thumb's up'.

 

-oOo-

 

The next day in school, Anikka came early like what Luhan told her but when she arrived there, she was the first in their class. Stepping inside the classroom, she saw a red rose on her desk,together with a note..

'Good morning! Have a nice day. :)'

 

 

"Good morning!" Luhan greeted, making her turn around in surprise. "Where are the others?" Anikka asked with a smile. "Did I surprise you? I don't know about the others but I'm glad you came early." Luhan walked to her desk and picked the rose to personally hand it to her and she accepted it and wrapped her fingers around the stem, making their hands brush against each other unintentionally.

It was on that day that Luhan have had enough courage to admit and confess his feelings for Anikka. She, however, was hesitant to admit that she feels the same way because she knows that it will lead to nowhere since she will eventually be sent away to marry someone else. More days and weeks passed until the school's final week and the more they grew closer to each other. They would hang out whenever there is free time and go to palces and do things that normal lovers would do. Anikka sure enjoyed these things too and she felt really happy during those times but there was another emotion that grew inside her.. and that was guilt. So one day, she looked for a good timing and told Luhan about everything and why they can not be.

"They are sending me off to marry someone else.. someone I do not know. I do not want to go but looks like I have no choice." She told him when they were at the school's rooftop as she released a deep sigh.

"Can you.. not go? Just escape.. How about that?" Luhan asked as he looked up at her from where he was sitting.

"I do not know. It is not as easy as you think it is." Anikka sighed and Luhan stood up to hold her hand. "It is going to be okay. I believe it will." He smiled softly and it made her feel better.

"My flight is in 5 days. For the remaining days that I am here, I hope we can spend it together happily."

"So you made up your mind that you are really going?"

"I have no choice so yes.. but do not be sad. We still have time left with each other." She his cheek lightly.

The next 2 days were luckily a weekened for them so they do not have a class. They spent the whole day going to different places, eating different food, taking pictures together, and just doing random things like there was no tomorrow for both of them. Soon the day ended and they knew that they had to part ways already. They both felt sad but remembering the things they have done together earlier made them happy, especially Anikka. It can not be denied that it was one of her happiest days.. being carefree.

The next morning, day 2 of their remaining days together. Luhan got up and prepared himself early then grabbed his phone to send a text to Anikka. 'Good morning, I'll see you later.' Then he left the house after sending the message.

Anikka woke up early too.. but not because of excitement. Her parents had disturbed her sleep early in the morning to tell her that there were some changes in their plan and schedule so they are leaving earlier than expected. "B-but why?" Anikka wanted to ask but her parents would only ignore her so being left with no choice, she started packing her clothes.. even if it was against her will.

Luhan, having no idea about what is happening, was patiently waiting outside the mall that has just opened. He kept looking at his watch and looking around. 20 minutes passed and Anikka still did not come so he started to worry. He decided to call her but when he dialed the number, it says can not be reached. He tried for a few more times but still got the same result. He was already about to go to their school to check if Anikka was there when he received a call for Aisha. "Where are you? You need to go to the airport as soon as you can!" Feeling a bit confused, he asked for further explanation. "What happened?" So Aisha told him the whole thing. "Her parents moved their date of departure. They are leaving now. Anikka did not have the chance to tell you because her phone was confiscated seconds after she was able to contact me about it. I guess her parests do not want her to bring any more memories from people here. So you better hurry right now if you still want to see her!" Her voice was a little louder, almost making his hearing impaired. Without wasting another minute, he quickly hailed a cab and rushed to the airport. 'Please.. I hope you have not left yet.' He hoped.

 

-oOo-

 

"Anikka, we will be going inside any minute now so make sure everything is okay." Anikka's mother told her as she double-checked their things, making sure nothing is missing. Anikka kept pacing back and forth while looking at her watch. Earlier, she had actually relayed the message to Aisha to tell Luhan about their sudden early departure so she is expecting that him to come.

Her mother already called her after some minutes but she made an alibi saying she is waiting for Aisha to come and bid her goodbye. She already started to lose hope that Luhan would still come. She turned her back and was ready to go inside and follow her parents when just in time, a cab stopped right behind her and out come Luhan, shouting her name.

"Anikka, don't go!" He immediately embraced her tightly when she turned around to face him.

"You... you came." She could not believe he was able to make it. She slowly embraced him back, feeling teary-eyed at the moment.

Luhan released the hug and held Anikka on the shoulders, looking into her eyes. "Don't go, please. Don't leave me. Don't go to Taiwan.. don't marry the guy you do not know. I am here. I will be your knight. Let me protect you.. let me love you." At that time, the other passengers were already looking at them but he did not care. He just want to convince her to stay. He kept looking into her eyes to search for answers and he saw a bit of hesitation in it. Anikka turned her head and she saw her parents looking at her. She mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to them and turned to Luhan again. "I can still change my mind, right?" Then she smiled at him. "I am staying here with you. I want to stay here with you and make more more more memories and spend more time together with you." Luhan embraced her tightly once again before holding her hand. "Let's go then!" He pulled her along and she followed him while laughing.

They rode the same cab Luhan had ridden earlier and went to Aisha's place to celebrate that day -- the start of her real happiness. Her parents remained there standing in front of the airport's entrance door, not being able to do anything but watch them leave.